Sign in to follow this  
Chesney Hawkes

Any Norwich fans hoping we beat Brentford today?

As I said earlier, complacency has set in, evidenced by failure to have a sub ready last week. This comes from the top, and with rumours of a juicy new contract dished out to Alex in the summer, I wonder if that is a contributing factor as perhaps the urgency to concentrate and perform has dwindled. If there is indiscipline and complacency on a match day it makes me think what else has set in with preparation and training during the week. 
I couldn''t imagine a top manager such as Mourinho or Allerdyce tolerating subs not being warmed up or a player getting sent off for deliberate handball, as we''ve seen twice in a few weeks with Olsson and Howson.  

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Seriously?

It takes all sorts I guess but I can''t think of any circumstances where I''d not want City to win.[/quote]
Smiffy. I''m not going to change my mind because you want me to. You could have just accepted this in the first place....

It''s over half a century since I left Norwich. I was looking forward to watching Liverpool against Manchester City today until I realized the Norwich game is being played ( and televised ) at the same time. I don''t know what propels me to choose to watch Norwich rather than a game at a higher level that will surely have a lot more quality. It''s just in the blood, isn''t it? In the same way, everything that is inside me will want Norwich to win. I wouldn''t know how to think or feel differently.
Just as an aside, I haven''t seen it written much about on here but, although we lost to Reading 3-1, I thought we played reasonably well, defensive mistakes aside. Certainly in the fifteen minutes or before Oliveira scored and up until Howson was sent off, it looked like a light switch had been turned on and Reading had no idea how to cope with us. Obviously, there are issues affecting overall performance otherwise we would not be on the kind of run that we are, but for me that period showed the talent and quality is right there underneath the surface waiting to be unleashed.

Definitely a much needed win please. Coupled with a Board realisation that, just maybe, they''ve backed the wrong horse and should stop flogging it.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="nutty nigel"]Seriously?

It takes all sorts I guess but I can''t think of any circumstances where I''d not want City to win.[/quote]
Smiffy. I''m not going to change my mind because you want me to. You could have just accepted this in the first place....
[/quote]Snap ! I know you''re not for turning, me too. There''s plenty of us in the stubborn club on here.....Strange that some wouldn''t want City to lose a meaningless game, particularly in the Championship or below where there''s nothing at stake placings-wise, if it stopped Ipswich entering the land of milk & honey. Nowt so queer as folk.Glad you like liquorice though [;)]

Always want a win, always fear a loss. Not confident about today. Wants Neil gone towards end of Prem season as I saw no signs of an improving manager.

But....Don''t hate him, quite like him, always want him to do well and that means the team do well, why ask the question really? I guess some people want a step back for the chance of two forward. We desperately need a result today.