Sign in to follow this  
simmo_2

Not Alex Neil Team

Let me ask you something...

You are employed as the manager of a team and responsible for picking the side, you turn up one day and find out someone else has picked the side and tactics...

Do you stand in the dugout and pretend to be in charge or do you feel undermined, realise you''ve got no chance, get in the car and go home?

Neil picked it..

A player not being able to hit a barn door doesn''t constitute a formation, or two up front not working... two players to aim for!

2 up front , Pritchard and Klose he basically picked the team the fans have been calling for , helps him in the amount of stick he gets if we lose . Neil has well an truly lost any plot he may have ever had .

morty wrote the following post at 31/12/2016 8:01 PM:

You have to have the right players to make a formation work vinwank.

Ah so you knew Cams wasn''t up to it today did you short @rse.

A shame CamJam has lost his mojo. Earlier in the season he could have come away with a hat trick with the chances he had tonight

What I am saying thrush, as I have done for a while, is that playing two strikers isn''t necessarily more positive.

I like the three at the back with wing backs; made us much more solid IMO.

It suits the players we do have at the back and also will allow us to play Howson in a more positive way on Monday, as the midfield has less defensive responsibility.

Still issues up front, particularly as Oli was forced to play wider, hence all the chances going to Jerome as he was more central. Also certainly harsh on Murphy not to start.

Will he keep the defensive improvements in place for Derby? I hope so but not sure he will. We tried it against Swansea at home last season and it worked well, one nil win. Then next game, Palace away, we were back to the flat back four and a loss.

I agree with Morty.

People assume 1 up front is negative and 2 up front a signal of attacking intent.

The formation can be as structured and defensive as hell with 2 up front. Does having an extra player up top playing a role in system increase your chances of scoring than 1 up top and playing a different way?