Sign in to follow this  
Alex Moss

Can we have our Wes back please?

It''s surely the last throw of the dice for Alex today. He could do a lot worse than to recall a well rested Wes Hoolahan.

To criticise his performances in public was an odd move by AN. I''d certainly prefer Wes as CAM and Howson back in CM along with Tettey or Mulumbu today

Right you are!

I was too worried about us missing Dorrans I missed that little fact.

In that case I''d definitely want Wes back in!

Not sure what Hoolahan has done wrong to fall so far out of favour, wasn''t long ago he was a key player for us. I''m confident he will come back in the side and prove himself once more, just like he always does. Unsure why he''s not been given at least a couple more substitute appearances to try and make an impact?

AN basically said in the press he thought he''d been playing a bit crap of late. That''s pretty much if from what I can see!

I don''t disagree AJ but it''s hardly an isolated case of a single player underperforming... The whole team has been individually and collectively sh1te barring a couple of exceptions (Oliveira, Pinto). Think for someone who we''ve previously been so reliant on he would''ve been given more of a chance to work his way back into the team.

At the moment he seems to be behind even Naismith in the pecking order which I find a bit bizarre.

Pritchards a better player and he''s not getting in. The only thing that I agree with Neil with is that Wes has been shit and if he''s not playing well he''s too much of a luxury especially as he''s at the end of his career.

[quote user="Mickdundee"]Pritchards a better player and he''s not getting in. The only thing that I agree with Neil with is that Wes has been shit and if he''s not playing well he''s too much of a luxury especially as he''s at the end of his career.[/quote]

Pritchard isn''t a better player than Wes, at least yet, and neither do I think he''ll become as good as Wes to be honest. The thing about Wes is that he can be world class when he fancies it, ''one footed'' or not - as proven at international level.

Wes is past his best, Pritchard on the way up.

And last time we were in the championship Pritchard out performed Wes then, it''s too years on now.

People have got to face up to Wes not being that good,

Wes is the most talented player we possess.

It''s just that if he doesn''t produce eye catching miracles every game some people think he''s not contributing.

He''s so much more than a luxury show pony ... although he can certainly put on a show.

Just don''t get Pritchard ATM.

In fairness he was well looked after yesterday and if you don''t play, then to be called straight back into the first team, it''s not the best way to keep form. I just think he needs more game time. Use him as a sub, get him involved, don''t just dump him then stick him back in as a starter.

If you have a big squad you have to be able to manage those players to get the best out of them, ain''t happening.

Agreed VW, in his defence like you say he''s starting one game and not in the 18 the next which isn''t easy.

I do think he should only be a sub at the moment. Didn''t create anything yesterday despite having two in front of him. Hoolahan used to create things for fun when we played him behind two strikers.

Didn''t think he worked particularly hard or offered anything defensively and on top of that thought he only passed sideways for the majority of the game (Morty! 😂)

I am all for reserving judgement on Pritchard and Oliveira until we start playing well consistently.

Pritchard linked well enough for the first half albeit with a Brentford midfield that sat off. When Woods started to influence the game, Pritchard was anonymous.

Wes is probably not going to involved playing wise with a future set up but my goodness he does deserve another run out.

Tettey seems an automatic but for me produces very little. I think its bull that we need a defensive midfield player like him. He is clumsy and the tackle for his booking summed him up for me.