Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Brentford Match Thread

Two awful sides and yet again we''re looking more like relegation fighters than play off contenders. Had the chances to win it but what an awful lack lustre display against a team we beat 5-0 only weeks ago. It likely buys him the Derby match now.

Wait for all the happy clappers:

"A 0-0 draw away is a good result"

"If Jerome could finish we''d have won"

"The referee ruined the game and stopped us winning"

Hahaha.

To be fair to Neil, I don''t see what else he could have done to win the game today. Players were simply crap. Jerome should have had 2, Pritchard was poor, Pinto was poor, Tettey and Mulumbu broke stuff up well and we looked solid defensively but clueless going forward.

The only improvement was the result. The football was even worse if that is possible.

It is correct, this bloke has dragged this club down to the bottom in terms of the worth watching and enjoyment.

I suppose we will hear the crass "we kept a clean sheet".

Don''t bother giving him the Derby game. Do it now.

[quote user="KeiranShikari"]Will be better when Howson and Thompson are back. Hope Neil sticks with this formation.[/quote]

Who will Howson and Thompson replace? He won''t drop Tettey.

[quote user="kick it off"]To be fair to Neil, I don''t see what else he could have done to win the game today. Players were simply crap. Jerome should have had 2, Pritchard was poor, Pinto was poor, Tettey and Mulumbu broke stuff up well and we looked solid defensively but clueless going forward.[/quote]

We''ve been under performing for months.

This lies with the useless manager we have, it''s a results driven game.

be needs to go and NOW

Simply shlte to watch, he''s not getting the players to perform to their best.

If anyone cannot see this just keep clapping

Even the clean sheet isn''t a positive as Brentford were totally clueless going forward. I hope the club appeals Brady''s red card as we will be without him, Howson and Dorrens for the next two games.

Distinctly average. Should have won it with Jerome''s chances.

Sadly just isn''t happening for us at the moment.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Great support from a great following. Could hear them loud and clear.[/quote]I admire their persistence but sooner or later the penny will drop & they''ll stop going on fruitless missions around the Country

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="Syteanric"][quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="Syteanric"][quote user="city-till-i-die"]Need a goal.

Striker off LB on

The mind boggles !!!! FFS

IS HE A REAL MANAGER[/quote]

Left back has been sent off..... so striker off and LB on is sensible

Wingback sent off. Shuffle to a back 3 and get a goal !!!!!

That''s the sensible thing to do imho.

Great 0:0 against a fukcing shlte team. Oh joy

Or do we concede with a weak defence so we can bash the manager again?[/quote][/quote]

If you don''t think the manager needs bashing

YOU NEED TO OPEN YOU EFFIN EYES MATE !!!![/quote]

He does. But he''s saved us a point today.[/quote]

SAVED US A POINT. ARE U FOR REAL ??????

GREAT RESULT AGAINST 15th FROM BOTTOM

HAPPY CLAPPER NO DOUBT.[/quote]

Not at all. AN isn''t the man for the job.

If we''d gone 3 at the back and lost you''d be seething.

Get used to it because this is what the next few seasons hold...

We aren''t as good as some think we are. If AN is sacked then whoever comes in (and I think it will be Ricky Martin) aint going to turn this side into promotion material.

It all needs changing, owners, manager, and 90% of the squad.

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="kick it off"]To be fair to Neil, I don''t see what else he could have done to win the game today. Players were simply crap. Jerome should have had 2, Pritchard was poor, Pinto was poor, Tettey and Mulumbu broke stuff up well and we looked solid defensively but clueless going forward.[/quote]

be needs to go and NOW

If anyone cannot see this just keep clapping[/quote]
No clapping here, I am firmly in the Neil out camp on the basis of the last few months, but being an adult and able to use a bit of perspective, I don''t see what more he could have done today. 
No doubt, the players aren''t performing to the sum of their parts and that responsibility ultimately lies with Neil, which is why he has to go, but taking today''s game as an individual game, what else could he have done? He played two up top with an attacking midfielder and gave Pinto and Brady licence to go forward. He brought Murphy on for Pinto, he brought Naismith on for Pritchard, Olsson for JErome was pretty much the right sub 
I think most would agree, so what else could he do?#
As I say, I agree he has to go, as part of the bigger picture, but I do feel sorry for him tonight because the players just didn''t turn up. They''re professional footballers, if they can''t motivate themselves for a game then they shouldn''t be playing professional football anyway.

[quote user="KeiranShikari"]Will be better when Howson and Thompson are back. Hope Neil sticks with this formation.[/quote]When will you realize that it won''t get better. We are on a desperate run & no matter what team or formation we use we''re the same old carp every week.Stop kidding yourself mate and get real

A 0-0 draw away is a good result

If Jerome could finish we''d have won.

The referee ruined the game and stopped us winning.

Happy New Year everyone, now off out................

[quote user="Syteanric"][quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="Syteanric"][quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="Syteanric"][quote user="city-till-i-die"]Need a goal.

Striker off LB on

The mind boggles !!!! FFS

IS HE A REAL MANAGER[/quote]

Left back has been sent off..... so striker off and LB on is sensible

Wingback sent off. Shuffle to a back 3 and get a goal !!!!!

That''s the sensible thing to do imho.

Great 0:0 against a fukcing shlte team. Oh joy

Or do we concede with a weak defence so we can bash the manager again?[/quote][/quote]

If you don''t think the manager needs bashing

YOU NEED TO OPEN YOU EFFIN EYES MATE !!!![/quote]

He does. But he''s saved us a point today.[/quote]

SAVED US A POINT. ARE U FOR REAL ??????

GREAT RESULT AGAINST 15th FROM BOTTOM

HAPPY CLAPPER NO DOUBT.[/quote]

Not at all. AN isn''t the man for the job.

If we''d gone 3 at the back and lost you''d be seething.

Get used to it because this is what the next few seasons hold...

We aren''t as good as some think we are. If AN is sacked then whoever comes in (and I think it will be Ricky Martin) aint going to turn this side into promotion material.

It all needs changing, owners, manager, and 90% of the squad.[/quote]

SO YOUR HAPPY WITH THAT RESULT ???

IM NOT ITS SHOCKING

Other than Jeromes finishing, the other thing I felt let us down was the midfield

Mulumbu & Tettey seemed slow & lethargic with no real drive or passing quality. Put Howsons energy in there and would look a lot better

[quote user="kick it off"][quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="kick it off"]To be fair to Neil, I don''t see what else he could have done to win the game today. Players were simply crap. Jerome should have had 2, Pritchard was poor, Pinto was poor, Tettey and Mulumbu broke stuff up well and we looked solid defensively but clueless going forward.[/quote]

be needs to go and NOW

If anyone cannot see this just keep clapping[/quote]
No clapping here, I am firmly in the Neil out camp on the basis of the last few months, but being an adult and able to use a bit of perspective, I don''t see what more he could have done today. 
No doubt, the players aren''t performing to the sum of their parts and that responsibility ultimately lies with Neil, which is why he has to go, but taking today''s game as an individual game, what else could he have done? He played two up top with an attacking midfielder and gave Pinto and Brady licence to go forward. He brought Murphy on for Pinto, he brought Naismith on for Pritchard, Olsson for JErome was pretty much the right sub 
I think most would agree, so what else could he do?#
As I say, I agree he has to go, as part of the bigger picture, but I do feel sorry for him tonight because the players just didn''t turn up. They''re professional footballers, if they can''t motivate themselves for a game then they shouldn''t be playing professional football anyway.
[/quote]

They''ve not been turning up for weeks !!!!!

Again this boils down to AN !!!!!

Managers motivate people that''s their job. He''s not doing it simples

[quote user="Syteanric"]Copy and paste where i''ve said i''m happy with the result please[/quote]

Saved us a point !!!!!

We should of had all 3. So I presume you where happy with the draw????

[quote user="Crafty Canary"]Even the clean sheet isn''t a positive as Brentford were totally clueless going forward. I hope the club appeals Brady''s red card as we will be without him, Howson and Dorrens for the next two games.[/quote]Well here''s a positive for you Crafty: Howson''s suspendion was 1 match so he is available for Monday. [Y]

For the sake of balance yeah, a definite improvement and as another poster said having Howson alongside Thompson (preferably) or Mulumbu/Tettey would have made us a hell of a lot stronger.

The 3 cb''s played well and Neil for this game at least seemed to finally shake Bennett out of his lackadaisical 2 year slump. Jerome was unlucky and if he''d played 2 or 3 on the trot would have likely got a brace today.

Still not happy with our slow, low risk passing, our energy levels. How isolated we leave our strikers and FB''s sometimes. Our defending of set pieces and our own set pieces. The fact 0 effective partnerships have developed across our team, our lack of consistency from one half to the next our lack of any clearly defined patterns of play or plans to break through defensive lines....I''m waffling on a whole lack of team cohesion and players knowing their roles basically.

Baby steps in the right direction but I''ve seen an average run of the mill performance from this team under AN and it''s just not good enough over the course of the season to get us promoted. We can''t play at our best every week so our ''average'' is really crucial and Neil still has a lot to do to change my mind

If Jerome had scored....if brady hadn''t been sent off.... if my aunt hhad balls she''d be my uncle....

If, but and maybe....

Like I''ve said elsewhere on here tonight, get used to it. Because the Club isn''t set up for the premiership and mid table goaless draws against Brentford are the future

Yep I agree, I''m just trying to give the manager some credit tonight as he did get a few things right. I still want him gone.

Slagging him off relentlessly after a match like this would be a bit harsh imo. He deserves plenty of stick for most of the last 12 months but he did a reasonable job tonight I think.