Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Brentford Match Thread

Well, well. I like the look of that, let''s hope they turn out for him.

Well, at least he''s gone for it!!

Probably the last throw of a desperate man but I like it!

Actually quite excited to see how it works

Looks like Alex got a tombola for Christmas. Well, fingers crossed. Very attacking with Pritchard, Jerome and Oliviera so let''s hope Brentford can''t play in the counter.

So no width but two large strikers up top? Or will Brady and Pinto push up to give us the width?

I like the formation, hopefully will give us more threat, if our wide backs push on.

Interesting and courageous by AN.

I am quite excited by the change of formation. People on here have suggested a similar formation on previous occasions, so fingers crossed. Lets hope the keystone kops don''t let us down at the back.

Fair play to Neil for finally going with two up front. At bl***y last. Hope it works out.

3-5-2, 3-5-2, 3-5-f''ing 2

Thought we would go 2 up top today, didn''t think 3-5-2 though!

This would be close to the formation/team if I was the manager

As I type we have officially gone into the bottom half of the table as Preston are winning

Finally picked a formation that suits the abilities of the back five. Hope it works for him and wish he''d tried it earlier. Come on City!

On paper a good formation, but it depends on how he sets them up, if he''s negative it could be a very deep sitting back 7 with a large gap to the top 3, we must ensure the wingbacks push on and supporte the top three.

Desperate throw of the dice and also gone away from what he believes in. No one can accuse him of not giving it a final go.

Beaten to the ''dice'' metaphor but it feels appropriate. Liking the look of it too. Just hope they stay disciplined enough to make it work.

I thought Mulumbo didn''t play last week because he was off to ACON shortly ?Two up front at last however. [Y]

Reply to an Existing Message

The message you are replying to: Brentford Match Thread

lake district canary wrote the following post at 31/12/2016 4:33 PM:

Team -

3 5 2 it is -

Ruddy; Bennett, Martin (c), Klose; Pinto, Tettey, Mulumbu, Brady; Pritchard; Jerome, Oliveira

Three across the back just as we were suggesting earlier LDC, glad to see the manager listens for once 👍

You optimists!

It''ll be 5 at the back with Mulumbu and Tettey as defensive wingers. Playing Pritchard out of position on the left and Oliviera out of position on the left

*midfielders not wingers

And Pritchard should be *right

Jerome and Oliveira need not to get in each other''s way as they did the last time (I think it was, against Preston) they played together. The point being they are not that different to each other as strikers normally are with two up front. But we shall see.

[quote user="Indy"]On paper a good formation, but it depends on how he sets them up, if he''s negative it could be a very deep sitting back 7 with a large gap to the top 3, we must ensure the wingbacks push on and supporte the top three.[/quote]As Parma has several times pointed out, neither Bennett nor Klose are comfortable when drawn wide, indeed Bennett frequently appears rooted in his comfort, near-central position. If Brady and Pinto think they''ve been given free passes to join in the attacking fun we will lose this game.

Indy

So no width but two large strikers up top? Or will Brady and Pinto push up to give us the width?

I like the formation, hopefully will give us more threat, if our wide backs push on.

Interesting and courageous by AN.

Yea should think Pinto and Brady are there to serve tea 🙄😳

Purple...I think Oliveira has better close control and carves out opportunities whereas Jerome hustles and harries better. But if we found a workable up front duo then that would be pleasing. Such a shame we have waited til last chance saloon to see it on the pitch.

Happy with the formation and lineup. Also good to see Carlton on the bench.
Big move from Neil but we''re at the juncture where he had to make one. I like it.