Sign in to follow this  
Lessingham Canary

Jacob Murphy v Dele Ali ?

If we were comparing Ali when he signed for Spurs from MK Dons would you consider him a better prospect than Jacob ? i wouldn''t.

What Ali has shown, imo, is that with a top coach and better players along with his willingness to learn that youngsters can make the step up.

Thoughts ?

I''ll be honest and say that I wasn''t aware of Ali''s all round game before he signed for Spuds.

Now, he seems to have a lot in his armoury, whereas Jacob is not showing much more than a couple of facets to his game.

Now, whether Ali has had this coached into him, I do doubt, although, obviously, he has been able to develop his game, with higher grade coaches.

Murphy, doesn''t seem to have more to offer, or at least, isn''t showing glimpses of more. I am not saying he is a one trick pony, as has been mentioned elsewhere, but with his pace, and fast feet, he could have so much more impact on a game than he is showing at the mo. He gets brushed off easily (strength? that can be improved) He seems to think that the tricks he used to show, and beat opponents with, at U-18 level, will work now, well they don''t (game brains? well that can be developed with experience and coaching) That, along with being encouraged to get involved in the game more (he passes the ball, and at times, just lets our midfielders pass him going forward, before he reacts to putting himself forward,in the attack) will ensure he has a much bigger impact on a game, and that can only be a good thing.