Sign in to follow this  
simmo_2

Do all Happy Clappers agree

probably not

but, delias keeping ye local yokel folks happy with the great job shes doing so theyll keep clapping regardless

Misses too many chances, but currently we have not got many options, so happy to applaud his continued contribution.

Question. How to do make rival fans happy?

One of the things that most irritates me and impresses me in equal measure, not a phenomena often experienced these days, is when oppo fans show loyalty and happily clap even when things are going badly for their team. They are not doing this because they idolise their players, or because they have been struck down by that heinous crime; having a lack of ambition. They show their support to be loyal, to let everyone know they love their club through thick and thin. As the song goes ''keep on going to the end of the road''.

Answer. By not clapping, by moaning, by making no noise for the boys, and by sending out a message of capitulation which transmits to the players.

In the old days of the Barclay, we used to pour out of the terraces with the away fans on our right. Whenever we lost we knew we would be confronted with gloating hordes of rival fans. I used to make a point of happy clapping, and dancing with defiance, as this was my way of being true to ''never mind the danger''. Once in the safety of the pub I could drown my sorrows and moan with the best of them.

Most like Simmo i suspect are 15 year old spotty kids who pop up on here between 5 finger shuffles. If they are so upset why are none of them actually doing anything about it? All well whining on here and labelling more moderate fans with various names but I''ve yet to see a single one attempt to organise any form of protest and suspect i never will.