Sign in to follow this  
mr footy

Tide turning?

Not too bad today against a average side,didn''t look like losing but needed a break in front of goal. Fingers crossed that this is a turning point.

Nothing I saw today has made me think that was a turning point.

That was a bang average performance by a bang average mid table team against another bang average mid table team. I did not see any improvement and absolutely nothing to make me believe that the tide is turning.As each game passes our chances of achieving anything this season are diminished.AN should not be allowed to make any decisions about players coming in or going out & he should not be allowed to squander any transfer pot we may have becuase he will not be the manager by the end of January

Sadly I had hoped that the 5-0 was a turning point!

But I give AN credit for changing formation today and the team for putting in a performance that was good enough to win.

It was "only" Brentford but when the manager does something that works he deserves credit.

[quote user="bristolcanary"]More trolling...[/quote]Eh??  I agree with the op that we didn''t look like losing and the three at the back worked well.  Klose adds a certain calmness when he has the ball - ie you at least think he is going to pass it accurately.  A dour game to a certain extent, but oh dear....Jerome.  Love him to  bits but he had to do better in front of goal.  Is it a turning point - well it could be, but we won''t know until the next game!

The three at the back was a success, at least against an average team, so worth persevering with. It could be the foundation for improvement because if it starts to sort out the mess of a defensive set up we''ve had to endure for the last 18 months then that will be a big step in the right direction.

Will he play it again on Monday? Fingers crossed because quite frankly he could do anything.

Brentford were shite. The game on Monday will be the real test. The fact that a point away at a very poor Brentford side is being seen as a success shows you how awfull 2016 has been for us. Neil Out.

Be back to 4231 vs derby. Bet ya. Starting lineup will be:

Ruddy

Pinto Martin Klose Olsson

Tettey Howson

Murphy Hoolahan Naismith

Oliveria

[quote user="Move Klose"]Be back to 4231 vs derby. Bet ya. Starting lineup will be:

Ruddy

Pinto Martin Klose Olsson

Tettey Howson

Murphy Hoolahan Naismith

Oliveria[/quote]

Brady will play 100% guaranteed

Raises the same old questions though. Why was Klose not playing over the past few weeks? What do we do with our strikers in training as neither looked like scoring tonight. What has Hoolahan done to suddenly be the least desirable attacking option? What is the point of Mulumbu? He wanders around the pitch like a drunkard. Why does Alex Neil wait so long before making substitutes?

We need a fresh start. I want AN to do well but I''m sure most people on here feel like it''s just not going to happen.

The Referee and bottom right/top left linesman tonight were total Homers

Poor decisions all round, about 60/40 in favour of Brentford but most importantly with a couple of crucial ones going against us.

I don''t think we''ve been all that hard done by at all this year by ref''s but it''s just so typical in a massively important game like this we get a hopeless bell3nd officiating.

Jeez, Norwich fans on here and Twitter easily pleased aren''t you? A 0-0 draw at the mighty Brentford after a run of 8 defeats in 10 and suddenly the "tide is turning", you couldn''t make it up.

Wake up, we are going nowhere with AN at the helm. Every result that buys him another 5 or 6 games is damaging the club.

We scored five goals against Brentford not so long ago. Therefore we''re getting worse.

[quote user="The Big Bad Wolf"]Let me guess, True Sh!t thinks we should be thankful for a point away at Brentford?[/quote]

They were always going to park the bus after the 5-0. Good point away from home - Sets us up nicely for 2017.

oh dear

oh dear

even Buh''s going to have trouble licking your bottom hole after that comment.

That game was terrible, the only positives I''m taking from it are the defensive changes, mulumbu s performance and finally a change in formation. Jerome better be on the training pitch today though

mr footy wrote the following post at 2017-01-01 12:11 AM:

Not too bad today against a average side,didn''t look like losing but needed a break in front of goal. Fingers crossed that this is a turning point.

What! How often do you get to see matches involving NCFC and Alex Neil. Obviously not many!

Brentford the worst team I''ve seen this season and they were awful yesterday.

It''s a clean sheet,the players tried and it''s not a loss but that''s about all you can say about it. We need a change and this changes nothing. You cannot make managerial survival in this league about the results in one or two games which is what we seem to once again be doing. We have a lot of good players still so will always pick up sporadic wins and draws.

Turning Point???

Feels a wee bit like being on the Titanic with the orchestra playing the Righteous Brothers hit I''ve got that sinking feeling.

I''ve got that sinking feeling

Uh-oh that sinking feeling

After this sinking feeling

I''ll be gone, gone , gone

Right into this hole

I think AN is more like Canute than Moses I''m afraid.

[quote user="Number 9"]TG, the month of May has a upper case M.

Relegation with an upper case R.[/quote]

Fair point. The devils in the detail - which is why I''m 100% behind Jez Moxey and and board.

[quote user="AJ"]Raises the same old questions though. Why was Klose not playing over the past few weeks? What do we do with our strikers in training as neither looked like scoring tonight. What has Hoolahan done to suddenly be the least desirable attacking option? What is the point of Mulumbu? He wanders around the pitch like a drunkard. Why does Alex Neil wait so long before making substitutes?

We need a fresh start. I want AN to do well but I''m sure most people on here feel like it''s just not going to happen.[/quote]

We need a fresh start. I want AN to do well but I''m sure most people on here feel like it''s just not going to happen. Sums up how I feel exactly!!!