Sign in to follow this  
Capt_Canary

HOOLAHAN

There is a reason that there midfielder got MOTM - he kept AP quiet.

Hoolahan didn''t put the effort in when playing against Reading and is therefore in the managers bad books. You''ve just highlighted Wes for special attention as he didn''t play and you want a reason for NCFC not winning, a scape goat if you like.

I disagree, I think it''s reasonable to ask why someone with Hoolihans class wasn''t bought on to replace Pritchard. Something need to change and Hoolihan is classy enough to create opportunities.

Might be a good idea for Neil to ask O''Neil how the latter gets the best out of both Brady & Hoolahan in a relatively successful Irish starting 11 [:|]

More pertinent is why a player who was our best player for the first dozen or so games of the season is now being consistently snubbed by our idiot manager. Once again this season we average about a point per game better when Wes starts.

We were down to 10 men at Reading when Wes came on, I thought he put a decent shift in when he came on. The real issue we have (it particularly showed in that game) is the lack of forward movement. Oliveira was playing with his back to goal, Naismith when on was dropping off to pick up the ball, and usually playing it backwards and there weren''t players making the forward runs (think Jacobs chance yesterday as an example of what we need). Without those forward runners it makes Wes''s job and any other creative midfielder very difficult.

Personally, I would have switched Wes for Pritchard last night, we had enough of the ball and plenty of defensive solidity.

I thought Wes slowed the game down against Reading, when we needed to get the ball forward ASAP to make the most of Jerome''s pace (as was the manager''s plan anyway). I love Wes, but he does delay passing a lot rather than releasing his man. Still better than Naismith whose overhit pass to Oliveira on the break last night I couldn''t believe.