Sign in to follow this  
Daz Sparks

Hostile home crowd tomorrow?

I''m feeling more resigned than angry today but it''ll only take one of our players to pussy out of a 50/50 to get me going :)

Very easy to say from afar LDC not so easy to do when you are one of the guys that put their hand in their pocket home and away.I don''t get to go that often so I woudn''t dream of telling people who do how to react.

The cold miserable weather and man flu is dampening my usually melodic tone and BOO muscles.

A few JDs will soon liven them up.

This is just a symptom of where we are at and fans disillusion with the manager. When it was Worthy he wasn''t passionate enough. Peter Grant waved his arms about too much. Roeder...... was Roeder. He was too obnoxious for people to care. Hughton was too static and wasn''t demostritive with the players. And his team had an iPad. None of it will matter if we start winning games. Results are king.

I''m glad I don''t have so many distractions in the blankets. It''s hard enough sometimes watching the game without having to keep an eye on the manager and the director''s box at the same time.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]This is just a symptom of where we are at and fans disillusion with the manager. When it was Worthy he wasn''t passionate enough. Peter Grant waved his arms about too much. Roeder...... was Roeder. He was too obnoxious for people to care. Hughton was too static and wasn''t demostritive with the players. And his team had an iPad. None of it will matter if we start winning games. Results are king.

I''m glad I don''t have so many distractions in the blankets. It''s hard enough sometimes watching the game without having to keep an eye on the manager and the director''s box at the same time.[/quote]
As you say NN, results are indeed king, and if we win and keep winning, the crowd will be partisan, if not passionate, trouble is performances get results and poor performances will on average get you poor results. The first 10 results of this season masked the bad performances, and had we got the results from these that the performances warranted, AN would have surely been gone by now. 
I would love Alex to turn it around Nige, I really would, but I really can''t see it now, he looks lost and his decisions bear this out.

I think most of us would Daz. But I wasn''t even suggesting he would or he wouldn''t. Just saying that everyone is an individual and have their own manner. I doubt Alex is any different now to what he was in 2015. Hughton was the same in the 10 game unbeaten run as he was the day he got clappered. The boy Tom always claps. Peter Grant always waved his arms about and pointed. It was considered refreshing to start with.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]I think most of us would Daz. But I wasn''t even suggesting he would or he wouldn''t. Just saying that everyone is an individual and have their own manner. I doubt Alex is any different now to what he was in 2015. Hughton was the same in the 10 game unbeaten run as he was the day he got clappered. The boy Tom always claps. Peter Grant always waved his arms about and pointed. It was considered refreshing to start with.[/quote]
I get what you are saying here Nige, and yes, you are post probably right about managers demeanour. From my own point of view though, I pay little heed to the dugout and judge what has happened on the pitch, however, the post match interview and pressers reveal a lot about the man in charge, and I do listen and watch these closely. 
As for how Delia or Tom et all react to the result, I feel that they have always and will always behave the same way regardless of results, and their loyalty is to their flag as such. I wouldn''t expect much different.