Sign in to follow this  
Daz Sparks

Hostile home crowd tomorrow?

Yes it will, especially if Bradders scores first. Hopefully it will give that useless Spiv Moxey something to think about.

[quote user="Johnny Stump"]A genuine question.

Is the wailing and nashing of teeth that is pretty much prevalent on this board, mirrored by the feeling amongst the Carrow Road crowd?

I only ask because it''s a while since I''ve been.[/quote]
No it isn''t.  This is more like a fringe meeting of swivel-eyed loonies, half of whom don''t go to games but like to seethe from behind their keyboards.

[quote user="VanWink"]What''s worrying me is that the tickle in my throat may develop into a serious man flu![/quote]
Yes, heaven forbid it should turn into full blown pneumonia.

[quote user="Johnny Stump"]A genuine question.

Is the wailing and nashing of teeth that is pretty much prevalent on this board, mirrored by the feeling amongst the Carrow Road crowd?

I only ask because it''s a while since I''ve been.[/quote]

Thats a difficult one to answer simply because I find the Carra crowd far more tolerant than the away crowds

Having been in the crowds at Birmingham (first unrest shown) Brighton (absolutely shocking) QPR (real nasty atmosphere) and more recently Reading and Brentford its fair to say the away gang have no faith in the manager or the boards ability to make a decision that benefits the club....

Having gone through a range of sort it out, you dont know what your doing etc etc type chants we have actually given up on serious protest and have as witnessed last night turned slightly ''ironic'' in our singing.

we''re gonna win the league.... lets pretend we''ve scored a goal....and when there''s FA else to sing about we even entertain ourselves with we''re the right side. we''re the right side, we''re the right side over here....followed by the left side taking their turn.

In all seriousness its a long time since I have traveled to watch city having already resigned myself to a rank performance and very little chance of a win before even leaving home....even in the PL we traveled with hope in our hearts this year those hearts are empty !

I actually felt a bit sorry for Neil as he trudged off yesterday with the favs singing "we want Neil out" as he walked past. He heard it and he bowed his head and looked a beaten man. I was half expecting him to resign in the post match interview having witnessed his demeanour walking off the pitch.

Although I believe that he should have been sacked some time ago and still want him out it was not a pleasant sight. Unfortunately, however, the board have put him in the firing line due to their failure to act/misguided loyalty and I can only see a repeat happening tomorrow when really it is the board who should be getting the brunt of the abuse. Neil may not be good enough but I don''t blame him for not walking away from a £2m payoff and the board really should have stepped in some time ago to stop things getting to this stage.

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]Age is a relative thing but for whatever reason Norwich home crowds have one of the oldest profiles in the country and by and large 50 something''s do not kick off as quickly as they may have done in their 20s or even 30s. Not a criticism more an observation[/quote].

Where do you get the stats from that says NCFC have the one of the oldest age profiles

city4eva;

Where do you get the stats from that says NCFC have the one of the oldest age profiles.

Interesting article about the age demographic here, its not just City, Man U and the Stretford End highlights this change.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/mar/08/how-football-lost-touch-young-fans

What will happen if we win? It''s all so confusing. Some have said 4 points from Brentford and the Derby game would be acceptable so still a possibility.

If we were to average two points a game from now we''d comfortably make the playoffs.

After the game yesterday, I was heading towards the exit and there was some protesting. Neil didn''t even look at us . Arrogant to say the least. If it is as bad again tomorrow, I think there''s gonna be some serious abuse thrown at him. The performances are just not acceptable anymore! Haven''t been for a long time imo

[quote user="nutty nigel"]This nonsense is in thread after thread. The crowd could well turn nasty tomorrow or it could well not. But you people critising our fans are either hypocrits or dont go. Which is it?[/quote]Sorry Nutty but how is this thread critising our fans ? It''s just a simple question with two possible outcomes. You''ve said it yourself, " The crowd could well turn nasty or it could well not ". The outcome depends on how the team performs and/or whether on the day the '' happies '' outnumber the '' crappies ''.

Not on this page Smiffy. But I didn''t post on this page. Thread after thread criticises the fans. They''re too old or they applaud failure.

The age thing isn''t just our club. It''s all clubs. How did it happen? My son was born in 1978. When he was 5 I started taking him to games. This was in the early mid 80s and families didn''t go together. I also took him to away games. Families didn''t do away games. In the 90s I did the same with my daughter. There were a few more families by then. But so many men my age left there families at home. Meaning kids born it the late 70s onwards didn''t go. Or started when they grew up but didn''t go with their families. However since 2002 Norwich has seen an upturn in families and this should continue through the next generations bringing the average age down.

[quote user="Fuzzar"]What will happen if we win? It''s all so confusing. Some have said 4 points from Brentford and the Derby game would be acceptable so still a possibility.

If we were to average two points a game from now we''d comfortably make the playoffs.[/quote]

I do love an optimist.....

BUT wot makes you think things are going to improve ?

7 points from a possible 33 or 0.6 points a game average

If the board dont act tomorrow forget the play offs !

[quote user="ROBFLECK"]After the game yesterday, I was heading towards the exit and there was some protesting. Neil didn''t even look at us . Arrogant to say the least. If it is as bad again tomorrow, I think there''s gonna be some serious abuse thrown at him. The performances are just not acceptable anymore! Haven''t been for a long time imo[/quote]

So what if he didn''t look at you when you were protesting?! To be fair to Alex Neil, he''s a human being and despite what we''re led to believe on here, I bet you he''s hurting with the situation more than anyone.

Could see the Marching Band of Jez, MWJ and Delia on the pitch at half time if

1 We are losing

2 Delia called in Bottoms Up for a top up.

Lets be aving yer you dumb customers

[quote user="daly"]Could see the Marching Band of Jez, MWJ and Delia on the pitch at half time if

1 We are losing

2 Delia called in Bottoms Up for a top up.

Lets be aving yer you dumb customers[/quote]

If she does appear on the pitch the "Delia Out" chants should staet?

[quote user="ROBFLECK"]After the game yesterday, I was heading towards the exit and there was some protesting. Neil didn''t even look at us . Arrogant to say the least. If it is as bad again tomorrow, I think there''s gonna be some serious abuse thrown at him. The performances are just not acceptable anymore! Haven''t been for a long time imo[/quote]absolute shyte !it is not the ''performances'' that are at fault... unless you think football is  some kind of pantomime we should have won yesterdaythe goals didn''t go in so stop keep whingingthose who will be griping will be the ''johnny come lately'' those who have never known much else bar the past few seasonsso if you haven''t the stomach to stick with your club then why not do us all a favour and far cafe

Dumb Dan

"those who will be griping will be the ''johnny come lately'' those who have never known much else bar the past few seasons

so if you haven''t the stomach to stick with your club then why not do us all a favour and far cafe"

Accept what your given like Dan does.

Dan likes it when crowds are small and he knows everyone.

There are one or two others on here who feel the same.

They want their little club back.😀

Alex wrote;

So what if he didn''t look at you when you were protesting?! To be fair to Alex Neil, he''s a human being and despite what we''re led to believe on here, I bet you he''s hurting with the situation more than anyone.

Firstly Happy New Year Alex,

I would say its a bit more deep rooted than Alex Neil not looking at the supporters on saturday night, all this season there has been a disconnect between him and the fans, especially at away games, there was a time when the players, back room staff and AN cam over and acknowledged the supporters, regardless of the result, simply hasn''t happened for a good while now, and in the grand scheme of things that does not mean anything, he doesn''t need to acknowledge the supporters.

More concerning for me is he does not seem to have any connection with the players, somebody mentioned it an away game, and i was particularly watching him at Brentford, and from the final whistle, he shook hands with their manager and that was it, and its a long walk across to the tunnel from the dug outs. he walked past his players, now i don''t expect him to be a Klopp, but can you imagine how the Liverpool players feel when he gives them a pat on the back, no matter how they have just played, it makes them feel part of something, and thats what we are missing right now, the togetherness of the manager and the players.

Good point Lessingham.

I wouldn''t expect him to be slapping their backs after that performance but you would expect there to be some interaction with the players.

Small nit picking points but may all add to a bigger picture, or are we just making this fit an agenda ( as some would say) 😀

VW, i get that.

And ask myself am i seeing things that are not really an issue, our season tickets are reasonably close to the home bench at CR, and we watch AN at every match and his jumping up and down, his constant shouting of FFS at players or turning round to the bench and giving it to them, I used to justify it by believing he was passionate about the game and kicked every ball. Not long ago he went totally OTT at Jacob Murphy for not making a pass, and i totally changed my view, and started questioning what does he work on all week with the players?, what instructions do they have regarding their role before each match ?

But maybe that is just my perception, just to suit my own agenda, after all our own perceptions are our own reality.

Not forgetting of course the clapping seals in the directors box Lessingham. Come and watch with me mate as the players leave the field. [:P][;)]

VW, i get that.

And ask myself am i seeing things that are not really an issue, our season tickets are reasonably close to the home bench at CR, and we watch AN at every match and his jumping up and down, his constant shouting of FFS at players or turning round to the bench and giving it to them, I used to justify it by believing he was passionate about the game and kicked every ball. Not long ago he went totally OTT at Jacob Murphy for not making a pass, and i totally changed my view, and started questioning what does he work on all week with the players?, what instructions do they have regarding their role before each match ?

But maybe that is just my perception, just to suit my own agenda, after all our own perceptions are our own reality.

Lessingham, I agree wholeheartedly with your last sentence, however, your reality is my reality, that said I raised the very same point a while ago and it was not taken that seriously, glad to see someone can see what I see. That being, his man management skills are close to zero unfortunately.

I don''t sit near enough to see this Lessingham, but have read yours'' and a few other posts on here about the antics.

I try to keep an open mind as far as I can, we used to complain that Hughton never seemed to get angry or demonstrative on the touch line and that wound loads of people up when we were doing badly, nobody worried when we had the winning run.

I have to say my perception is that AN doesnt know how to get the best out of players, my suspicion is that he is a very dogmatic person, single minded, which of course can be a plus and a minus, but he is unable to adjust his style to fit the personalities involved and get the best out of them as individuals and the team as a whole.

[quote user="VanWink"]I don''t sit near enough to see this Lessingham, but have read yours'' and a few other posts on here about the antics.

I try to keep an open mind as far as I can, we used to complain that Hughton never seemed to get angry or demonstrative on the touch line and that wound loads of people up when we were doing badly, nobody worried when we had the winning run.

I have to say my perception is that AN doesnt know how to get the best out of players, my suspicion is that he is a very dogmatic person, single minded, which of course can be a plus and a minus, but he is unable to adjust his style to fit the personalities involved and get the best out of them as individuals and the team as a whole.[/quote]

It is this that is the relevant point in this whole argument.  It doesn''t matter what the manager does on the touchine - it is what happens on the pitch that matters. If we are winning the manager is liable to be happier, look more at ease. If we are struggling - his demeanour is bound to be different - and with the run of results we''ve had, he has his back to the wall and he must be feeling that deeply.  People seem to read all sorts of stuff in these situations - and Hughton too, got it in the neck, whoever he picked, whoever and whenever he subbed and whatever he said or didn''t say, regardless of what actually happened on the pitch.  My threads may be contentious but it is this kind of stuff that contributes to my anger about how people treat others and particuarly the manager.   As long as he is manager, any hostility imo should be directed at the opposition.  We need to get better on the pitch - and hostility towards the manager isn''t going to help one bit. 

My hostility level is a bit low at the moment so I shall stub my toe on the door-frame before leaving just to get into the right mindset.