Sign in to follow this  
a1canary

Is it time to move Greeno on in January?

Not that he''s playing badly or anything but I think the guy has understandably lost a lot of motivation after being well and truly shafted by svennis pennis and england. what he really wants is international football to advance his career and he just ''aint gonna get it in div 1 if a player with breadsticks for bones who has been out for the much of the last two years can just waltz into the team ahead of him just because he''s got a loan move to west brom. (that''s kirkland in case anyone''s wondering!)

i for one wouldn''t want to stand in the way of such a fine servant of the club. and, er, well we could use the cash couldn''t we! it may have to be 2 mil since 3 scared all his potential suitors off in the summer. of course i think he''s worth 3 but i''d take 2.25 or 2 to give him the move and to put towards a davenport fund along with the francis money.

and i think ward would be a good deputy plus i''d like to see joe lewis move up the ranks.

what do people think?

come on gang, i thought this would make a nice topic change from ''worthy in, worthy out, hucks out, ashton''s head etc etc!''

have we forgotten about our superstar between the sticks!

Controversial this, but I suspect that Green may have missed the boat slightly and that no premier clubs will come in for him and expect him to be first choice.

He could end up being a canary for a long time yet, becoming a legend in the same vein as Gunn and Keelan.

Yeah, good idea that. I''m sure King''s Lynn will come in with a fantastic offer of a can of coke and a large portion of chips. Honestly this suggestion is beyond ludicrous. You can only sell players if there is a buyer and the very little interest over the summer proved that no one wants him. So what if he''s a little demoralised, he''s still doing the business for us and by giving him support at games we can remind him where he should be staying

I can''t see Greeno looking for a move.  Also, I wouldn''t have said there are too many Prem clubs calling out for a £3-4M goalkeeper.  Possibly at the end of the season.  However, I''m sure Greeno knows by now that his chances of making the World Cup are pretty slim

it was a question rasputin, not a suggestion. and if he was made available a club could very easily come in for him at 2 mil and he would clearly want the move if that happened.
all i was saying is that it wouldn''t be for us to stand in his way, he deserves his crack at international level and we could ultimately benefit if it helps us get davenport in. put it this way, would you swap green for davenport and then make do with our other goal keeping resources?

[quote]Would Jol put Greeno on the bench for Robbo or bring in a crock?[/quote]

LOL Peter, nice humour

Despite nobody coming during the summer for Greeno (I seem to recall we didn''t hawk him around much!), that may be different in January. Any keeper can be injured at any time - perhaps a Man Utd., or Liverpool might be interested if their first choice was out for 2/3 months and the final stages of Champs League beckoned? Who knows, West Brom might need a new keeper by then too.

If this happened, I''d let him go. Ward, Gallacher and the boy Joe should be good enough to see us through. I''d hate Greeno to feel we''d held back his career.

I just feel that if green was gonna go it would have been during the summer. nobody really showed any interest it was all just in the papers gossip columns. But if the situation arose then i would be happy for green to further his career somewhere else. Just because he has been so good to us in the past.

Does Green want to go? - possibly

Does anyone else want him, except as a bench warmer? - nobody wanted him over the summer, despite publicity that he was available. I suspect that he is not highly valued, and any offers would be small.

Does Greeno want to go?    I wonder...  But I doubt it...

A couple of years ago when Paul Scholes was in his prime, Alex Ferguson was asked in an interview whether Scholes was going to go and play abroad like Beckham.  ''Maybe Juventus?'' he asked.  Ferguson laughed and replied, ''Juventus? You''ve got to be joking!  If he was going to go anywhere maybe he''d go as far as Oldham!'' (Schole''s home town)

Now, Greeno is no Scholes, and Norwich is not his home town.  But it is his missuses home town, who happens to be very settled here.  And Greeno is one happy man in Norfolk.  Just as Iwan, Gunny, Flecky and lots of other Norfolk Newbies before them.

Tufnell Park pointed out that he could be a new keeping legend like Gunn and Keelan.  I really hope so.  The man is Norwich through and through, and would only be let down in the end if the club wanted him out for the sake of 2-3m pounds. 

[quote]Does Green want to go? - possibly Does anyone else want him, except as a bench warmer? - nobody wanted him over the summer, despite publicity that he was available. I suspect that he is not highly va...[/quote]

http://football.guardian.co.uk/comment/story/0,9753,1582593,00.html

If he wants to get a chance with England then he will surely have to look to getting into a Premiership team. This article made me feel really annoyed, although I suppose it''s not Kirkland''s fault. There was a hint of smuggness about it though.

[quote]http://football.guardian.co.uk/comment/story/0,9753,1582593,00.html If he wants to get a chance with England then he will surely have to look to getting into a Premiership team. This article made me...[/quote]

I bet the England players bully Greeno...

He must hate international duty.

Bet he goes into Worthy''s office before the squad is meant to meet up and whines "...oh boss, do I HAVE to go?", and then, when Worthy replied to the affirmative, he says "...but I have a tummy ache" and tries it on...

...after all, when he gets there, they all pull his hair and tease him and chant "you don''t play in the Premiership, na-na, na-na-naaaaaaa", as well as that, naughty Frank Lampard steals his lunch money, and, when Sven isn''t looking, Rooney and Defoe give him chinese burns and warn him "not to tell".

Peter Crouch wants to be his friend, as they used to play together, but he daren''t because the players then pick on him.

Poor old Greeno!