Sign in to follow this  
Daz Sparks

Many changes for today's team?

I know we will see some enforced changes, with Brady suspended and Johnny Howson returning, but will AN make TOO many changes in an attempt to get a result?

If he gets a result he''ll have fluked the tombola. Otherwise too many or not enough changes. I''d go back to one up top and recall Jacob.

[quote user="FenwayFrank"]Damned if he does, damned if he doesn''t[/quote]I agree with this to a point, but by heck has he put out some varied line-ups this season. I for one think he f*cks around with it far too much.

nutty nigel wrote the following post at 02/01/2017 11:49 AM:

If he gets a result he''ll have fluked the tombola. Otherwise too many or not enough changes. I''d go back to one up top and recall Jacob.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

It still amazes me that the only time we have played well in the last couple of months or so with one up front was at home to Brentford.

So we play them away and the manager changes it to play two up front and we fail to score and get a draw!

Surely he won''t now change it back again?

I would, however, agree that Jacob deserves a start as he has caused defences more problems than any other player this season.

But then .............. how does he play it?

I hope he retains the three at the back. And I hope he starts Cameron J again. The lad could easily have had a hat trick on Saturday, and if the first had gone in off his shoulder instead of bobbling to the keeper, he very possibly would have had. He hasn''t had a lot of game time, with Oliveira being preferred, and IMO deserves another start.

451 is fluid to 433. For me it''s more about getting forward quickly. Very different to playing one up top and the rest behind the ball.

Playing Jacob or Naismith as a second striker could be an option?

I would make a couple of changes for today, Olsson for Brady, Howson for Tettey and Jacob for Jerome. Playing a 3-4-3 having Murphy and Pritchard flank Oliviera.

[quote user="westcoastcanary"]I hope he retains the three at the back. And I hope he starts Cameron J again. The lad could easily have had a hat trick on Saturday, and if the first had gone in off his shoulder instead of bobbling to the keeper, he very possibly would have had. He hasn''t had a lot of game time, with Oliveira being preferred, and IMO deserves another start.[/quote]

One off his shoulder, one off his shin and the third in the stand. He was the main reason we got relegated, continually missing easy chances, same as Bassong should have be dumped at the end of last season