Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Match goers - are you prepared?

Lol, having to correct your posts in a rant is liking slamming the door and then realising you need to go back to get your car keys!!

[quote user="Yellow Wal"]Feedthewolf - so many people on this thread refer to LDC as a troll and then do exactly what a troll would want them to do! So I fully agree with you.

I won''t get annoyed by him and will occasionally answer his points but will not resort to petty meaningless abuse because if, in fact, LDC is a troll then that must be what he thrives on.

If it is such utter dribble that he writes (and I have seen plenty which I would not bother to reply to) then instead of encouraging him with replies just ignore the thread.

That''s not too difficult to understand is it?[/quote]

I''m fed up with the label "troll". It''s a cop out used when people don''t understand another poster. I write all sorts of stuff, good and bad and indifferent.  The point I made at the start of this thread was a footballing one.  Most posters immediately jumped on the bandwagon, rather than actually answer the point.   Asking people to think about the way they support is contentious, I understand that - but it''s not trolling. 

[quote user="Ron Manager"]Ah, the victim card! #cardsagainsthumanity[/quote]
Well.... if you accept Wikipedia definitions....

In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows

discord on the Internet (check) by starting arguments or upsetting

people (check), by posting inflammatory,[1] extraneous, or off-topic

messages in an online community (check) (such as a newsgroup, forum,

chat room, or blog) with the intent of provoking readers into an

emotional response (check)[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal,

on-topic discussion,[3] often for the troll''s amusement.
Such as, maybe, calling supporters of the football team "numpties" and "nonces" and telling them how they should support their team from four hundred or so miles away?

LDC

Morgan/LC - The word ''nonce'' was to me like the word ''numpty'' - in other words a made up and harmless nonsense label. You can believe that or not, it''s up to you.

LDC i don''t believe that anymore than you do.

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]LDC

Morgan/LC - The word ''nonce'' was to me like the word ''numpty'' - in other words a made up and harmless nonsense label. You can believe that or not, it''s up to you.

LDC i don''t believe that anymore than you do.[/quote]

I''m not in the habit of lying, but as I said, it''s up to you what you think.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Yellow Wal"]Feedthewolf - so many people on this thread refer to LDC as a troll and then do exactly what a troll would want them to do! So I fully agree with you.

I won''t get annoyed by him and will occasionally answer his points but will not resort to petty meaningless abuse because if, in fact, LDC is a troll then that must be what he thrives on.

If it is such utter dribble that he writes (and I have seen plenty which I would not bother to reply to) then instead of encouraging him with replies just ignore the thread.

I''m fed up with the label "troll". It''s a cop out used when people don''t understand another poster. I write all sorts of stuff, good and bad and indifferent.  The point I made at the start of this thread was a footballing one.  Most posters immediately jumped on the bandwagon, rather than actually answer the point.   Asking people to think about the way they support is contentious, I understand that - but it''s not trolling. 

[/quote]

I think this is the 3rd time you''ve started a thread recently about the same thing-what made you think it would turn out any different to rhe previous ones?

QED.

I don''t often agree with feed the wolf as he has the intellect of a retarded pigeon but on this occasion I do.

Ignore the waste of space, he is a sad and lonely freak who''s only social interaction is on this board

[quote user="The Unsullied "]I don''t often agree with feed the wolf as he has the intellect of a retarded pigeon but on this occasion I do.

Ignore the waste of space, he is a sad and lonely freak who''s only social interaction is on this board[/quote]I reckon I could hold my own in a general knowledge quiz against a pigeon of above average intelligence.

Lakey, have you ever noticed that no one gets near enough the same stick as you do? Simply put, your views lack logic, knowledge and are so out of touch with the rest of the fanbase that it''s laughable. You have absolutely NO right to instruct regular supporters how to support. You have NO knowledge of going to Carrow Road week after week, and for others away games too, and having to endure awful performances. This costs many supporters much of their time and money. Do you really expect fans to act like emotionless robots as their team are yet again letting them down - with a manager making error after error? Or maybe you are so pompous that you know think you know better than us? You don''t.

Some of your views and threads are so badly judged, and contrary, that you are either clueless or trying to provoke a reaction, be it good or bad. Maybe you are so lonely that you will take any attention that you can get. This is about the second or third time you''ve criticised our support recently, did you not get the hint the first time? Do you never learn? Or do you view yourself as superior? Or maybe you''re a troll without knowing it.

I''m sure you could have good debate on here but the fact that you will never back down from widely derided views means you wind people up. The Snodgrass grudge. The Dorrans as a left winger argument. Just two examples of opinions you''ve fiercely defended in thread upon thread instead of just letting it go. If you shut up every so often you wouldn''t get half the abuse. You have a natural way of winding people up, maybe a break from this forum or a different approach where you''d get on better with posters is advisable. I''m sure you''re actually a good bloke but your behaviour is getting more and more desperate.

[quote user="Mr Angry"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Yellow Wal"]Feedthewolf - so many people on this thread refer to LDC as a troll and then do exactly what a troll would want them to do! So I fully agree with you.

[/quote]

I think this is the 3rd time you''ve started a thread recently about the same thing-what made you think it would turn out any different to rhe previous ones?

QED.[/quote]

The main difference is that the other thread or threads - were a reaction to something that had already happened in a match.  This one was asking in advance of a match, mainly in the hope of getting through to one or two people before another difficult task. Not for me to do really, as somewhat of a rare visitor to CR, but I still feel the issue ought to be addressed - and no-one else is addressing it. I refuse to believe every single fan is prepared to accept that chanting "you don''t know what you''re doing" in the middle of a tight match is helpful in any way - quite the opposite - that it makes the task harder for the players.   I''m really sorry people have taken to these particular threads so badly, but that is up to them. The keyboard warrior vultures don''t help, always ready to pick the bones out of my threads, but all that does is disguise the message I''m trying to get across - one that is important imo. To keep positive for the whole 90 minutes, if we''re still in the game.  Save the negative stuff for if we lose the match - not half way through it when all is to play for. You know it makes sense! [:O]

So everyone who disagrees with your idiotic opinions is a keyboard warrior?

So that''s basically everyone in this thread.

The problem is you.

[quote user="lake district canary"]You know it makes sense! [:O][/quote]Nonce-sense!

L.D.C- " the "nonce" thing was just a stupid mistake. "

I can imagine how it became a "stupid mistake" LDC, were you busy googling images that you shouldn''t have been at the same time as typing out that reply?

The good news is the snoopers charter has come into force now and you''ll be able to get the help you so desperately need to jail.

On this trajectory, LDC, you will become the forum''s "New Wizard" by 12th January.

1) doesn''t attend matches

2) doesn''t understand football

3) doesn''t accept he is ever wrong

4) deliberately takes extreme positions when starting threads

5) deliberately takes contrary positions when starting threads

6) keeps threads alive long after their rightful date of death

7) labels anyone who disagrees as a "keyboard warrior" (the irony!)

“Of course there’s a lot riding on Monday and I just hope people turn up and get behind us. I don’t think it will help anyone if they turn up waiting for us not to produce. I know it works both ways and we need to give them something to cheer about; I’m positive we can do that.

“There needs to be togetherness at the club that has maybe drifted apart recently because of the position we’re in. But there’s 20-odd games to go. We can still turn this into a good season – and we’re going to need everyone to do it.”

I have not made my mind up Lessingham whether it will be a rallying cry this morning or a lecture tonight if it all goes Pete Tong this afternoon.

At least LDC is clear on the manager issue. He''s clear on wanting to win and wanting the manager to stay, unlike serveral on here who adopt a contrary position on the subject.

Len

At least LDC is clear on the manager issue. He''s clear on wanting to win and wanting the manager to stay, unlike serveral on here who adopt a contrary position on the subject.

I suspect he has no idea about the management issue, he just likes going against the majority. Me, i want both, want us to win always, and want the manager to go as believe he has lost it.

Ah, but Len thinks if you want the manager to leave then you should be cheering for Derby. Because football is that black and white.