Sign in to follow this  
hogesar

FFS ALEX NEIL!!!!

Again, I get to a stage where I''m adamant I want rid of you and it''s best for the club. You''ve said some absolutely stupid things lately such as not playing Mulumbu because he may be off to the ACON at some point and taking Oliveira off because he had a poor first half.

Then I watch your postmatch interview on the NCFC YouTube channel and he bloody makes me doubt myself all over again! No wonder Delia and Co haven''t been able to sack him yet. He speaks with logic, the things he said I agreed with completely and it''s also clear he cares.

Yeah yeah, I know none of that matters in the real world but I would love him to turn it around, as impossible a task I think that is right now.

I think that''s how most people feel. Most would love him to turn it around and then come match day it''s 90 minutes of turgid crap again.

For me it comes down to this.

If you think it''s essential to win promotion THIS season then we need to chuck the kitchen sink at it and fire the manager. A fresh voice in the dressing room and new ideas may well spark a similar fire to what Neil did himself two years ago.

If you think we should write off this season and build something more sustainable in the long term then we should stick with the manager. Let him learn his trade here whilst moulding the club root and branch into a cohesive machine. Create an identity.

Personally, I think we need to leap up THIS season and so would take a punt on letting someone new shake this talented squad into the winners that they can be ... what is there to lose?

At least we can then know that the club did everything it could - albeit too late (again!).

Hogesar, funnily they were my exact same emotions. He came across in the interview so well you''d think he really is the man to turn it around. But.......then you look at the sub''s choice in the two games prior, the fear, until yesterday, of going two up front. The blaming of players for goals conceded (do it in private,not in an interview) and not heading/tackling and his niavety shows through. Personally, I like the guy but don''t think he is what we need at the moment, IMO, we should have ended his tenure at the end of the Prem season. It was obvious if we weren''t in the top three or four he would get a hard time, the trouble is we have slipped below even our most modest of expectations. One thing I feel certain of is that he can''t turn it around and needs to be replaced. However, I think personally he will be given the transfer window to turn it around and again I don''t think he''s the bloke to do it.

Like everybody else so far I am massively frustrated with our results but personally am a bit tired of the managerial conveyor belt. As mentioned above 70% of the time I feel we should maybe take a mid table finish this season whilst allowing AN to mould his own team and way of working whilst learning the trade.

[quote user="Inch High aka Inchy.."]I feel we should maybe take a mid table finish this season whilst allowing AN to mould his own team and way of working whilst learning the trade.[/quote]And what if it''s no better next season. Write that off too?

Inchy;

Like everybody else so far I am massively frustrated with our results but personally am a bit tired of the managerial conveyor belt. As mentioned above 70% of the time I feel we should maybe take a mid table finish this season whilst allowing AN to mould his own team and way of working whilst learning the trade.

Somebody told me once, as a football manager, you have the squad you are given when you take over a club, and work with it, after 2 transfer windows you have what you deserve.

[quote user="Crafty Canary"]What evidence is there that he is learning and can turn the pe formances around? He should have gone at the end of November.[/quote]Is that 2015 or 2016 Crafty ?

I''d agree giving him time if he hadn''t had 3 transfer windows, with Prem cash, and a history of poor player recruitment/not using players he''s bought. The short term is a glance at the long term. Nothing will improve or change.

The man is a totall clown , should have gone December 2015 .

To come on here and say that he should be given more time because he sounded nice in a u tube interview is a demonstration of two things .

1) that they have no idea about football in this day and age.

2) they are not really true supporters of Ncfc ,, or they would be wishing for better than we have been getting with him as our manager .

How cute...So what, you suddenly want him to stay and try to turn it around (he won''t, by the way) because he apparently talks sense in his interviews after the game?

Well no, his interviews come across as extremely arrogant and he has nothing to back that stance up with. Also, Chris Hughton was probably one of the most well spoken managers we have ever had in his interviews, talked sense and with class, but did you want him to stay whenever you saw a YouTube interview clip with him whilst we were plummeting towards relegation?

It''s not what they say after the games, it''s what they do during it, and AN has demonstrated for well over a year that he has not got a clue.

One thing that might help, hoggy, is not assuming an on-the-facedly stupid remark (such as his comment about Mulumbu) really is stupid. "Stupid" is the brain-jerk reaction of someone who can''t, or isn''t prepared to, countenance the possibility of a perfectly rational explanation -- one which perhaps strikes a sensible balance between the player''s best interest and those of the club.

Been there at least two times now hogesar, the thing is it sounds like we can''t afford to sack him until we cash in in the january sales. So I can understand why the board will give him the window, if things don''t improve after that they will have no option and I think Roy will probably come in to the end of the season.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]Didn''t Hughton always praise the opposition in interviews?[/quote]Yes, and continues to do so at Brighton, before we played them for example. I don''t hear many Brighton fans rubbishing him for it.

[quote user="westcoastcanary"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]Didn''t Hughton always praise the opposition in interviews?[/quote]Yes, and continues to do so at Brighton, before we played them for example. I don''t hear many Brighton fans rubbishing him for it.[/quote]They''re winning.

[quote user="Crafty Canary"]What evidence is there that he is learning and can turn the pe formances around? He should have gone at the end of November.[/quote]
Three at the back and two strikers is a start...........

[quote user="paul moy"][quote user="Crafty Canary"]What evidence is there that he is learning and can turn the pe formances around? He should have gone at the end of November.[/quote]
Three at the back and two strikers is a start...........
[/quote]Didn''t last long though, did it?

Unfortunately West coast it isn''t the players interests that matter when it applies to the ACON in a situation where we had limited midfielders and oh yeah, the club pays his wages. So regardless it was a stupid comment particularly as he has to put him in the team against Brentford anyway.

On the contrary, Mulumbu playing against Brentford is confirmation that the full reasons for the earlier decision were simply left unarticulated by the comment you''ve decided was just "stupid". Why do you jump to the conclusion that omitting Mulumbu was tantamount to putting the player''s interests before those of the club? Why do you assume that AN didn''t make a perfectly reasonable assessment of the balance of interests on that occasion?

[quote user="hogesar"]Because he didn''t.[/quote]How do you know? You have zero information about the basis of the decision other than that Mulumbu''s selection for ACON played some part. If, as you rightly point out in relation to AN''s postmatch interview on the NCFC YouTube channel, he shows himself to possess powers of clear thinking, good sense and genuine commitment (what you call "caring"), wouldn''t it be reasonable to start by assuming that any decision he makes will likely be the result of his using those powers, rather than jumping to the conclusion that complete idiocy took over his brain?