Sign in to follow this  
Samwam27

Players in, players out

Other than AN out, what are your hopes/expectations for this Jan window.

Before Brentford I''d have said Klose, Brady and Naismith would be frontrunners for going to free up funds. Was surprised Klose was picked after all these games missing. We are much better with him in defense, so it''s bizarre his latest omission (AN shoe-horned into making obvious changes!).

Brady had a good game, but he hasn''t hit the heights this season, and still think Naismith just doesn''t fit in here, so assuming all three may go. Would still love Klose to stay and build round him.

Also think Laffs ought to go, as he''s just never gonna play here. Speculation already about Murphy twins, but who would you like to see come in?

Defense has to be priority (as it always is) with or without Klose, and with Laffs possibly going, and Jerome showing he can''t hit a barn door at no paces, surely we need another striker, as we''re well and truly stuffed if Olive gets injured.

Must be lower league foreign gems out there. Who are they?

Klose, Brady and Naismith all out. And I can imagine us getting a young untried CB in for kicks. Nothing more as there''s no money and if the board want rid of AN they''ll have to pay him off.

I think Klose will be off, hopefully to West Brom and we will try to trade one of their centre backs into the deal (I''d like to think Olsson if he is fit).

If someone offers decent money for Naismith / Brady, I think they will leave and we will buy an extra striker probably with a bit of pace.

[quote user="Europe_93"]I think Klose will be off, hopefully to West Brom and we will try to trade one of their centre backs into the deal (I''d like to think Olsson if he is fit).

If someone offers decent money for Naismith / Brady, I think they will leave and we will buy an extra striker probably with a bit of pace.[/quote]

Would be great to have the double Olssons at the back lol!

Knowing how the club works I suspect we''ll offload Brady and Olsson and end up with someone like Kieran Richardson for free who has just been released by Cardiff as they can''t afford to keep him!

It''s all very well in saying who we want to move out but it must be realised that before we can get rid of players there has to be someone who wants them and can pay them enough to make it worth their while.

Whereas I can think of a few who I wouldn''t mind losing I can''t imagine who would take them!

Barring the younger players and probably Olsson, Howson & Oliveria i wouldn''t care if any of the others left.

Ruddy McGovern Jones Whittaker Pinto Turner Bassong Bennett Martin Klose Brady Tettey Mulumbu Dorrans Jarvis Andreu Hoolahan Naismith Lafferty Jerome could all leave for all I care.

[quote user="Move Klose"]Barring the younger players and probably Olsson, Howson & Oliveria i wouldn''t care if any of the others left.

Ruddy McGovern Jones Whittaker Pinto Turner Bassong Bennett Martin Klose Brady Tettey Mulumbu Dorrans Jarvis Andreu Hoolahan Naismith Lafferty Jerome could all leave for all I care.[/quote]

Keep Hoolahan, Jerome and definitely Pinto, but the rest can go over time.

When deciding who goes or stays we''ll, among other factors, have to assess which division we''re likely to be in. As things stand most would guess the Chumps, so agree with most above that Brady, Klose and Naismith would leave at they''re the highest earners.

Shifting Naismith is going to be problematical unless we sweeten the deal. And I expect much cheaper replacements, as we attempt to bridge the likely revenue gap for next season.

I like Pinto but I don''t think defensively he''s a very good defender. Could be good if we are going to play the wingback system.

Promotion via any route is well beyond us now, so we have to start planning for the future this window.

The jan window is the best to cash in for value, so klose, brady, naismith even jacob or howson for the right money, should leave now. It gives a cash injection and, probably as importantly, will lower and free up wages for any recruitment.

We may need one cb to cover Klose leaving, but the main recruitment can take place in the summer (I do hope Ricky M and his team are already working on their large list of targets) Young ambitious leaders is what we should be targeting across those two windows.

Pinto is a key keep, along with all u25s ideally (stupid liverpool type money excepted) as we look to rebuild over the next two windows.

Short term I am assuming Lafferty will finally leave and so a striker signing is a must, going with nelson and jerome + Morris is not enough.

Matthews, Godfrey, Toffolo, Josh Murphy, Jacob Murphy, Canos, Thompson, Pritchard, Maddison, Morris are a good nucleus of young players to have in the squad. With the likes of Pinto, Olsson, Howson, Oliveria and lots of ins and outs.

^^very much agree with this. We need to add a couple of CB''s and at least one DM, woudn''t worry about a striker even if Lafferty goes.

Our best chance for a clear out is coming this summer. Bassong, Bennett, Mulumbu, Whittaker, Lafferty and Ruddy all out of contract and all pulling in decent wages. I''d not be surprised to see Naismith go to Sunderland (even if it''s only on loan) and Brady be sold to the highest bidder.

I wouldn''t worry about getting another striker either, we have Oliviera and Jerome as first choice with Morris as back up and if we wanted to use a small nippy striker why not use josh up top, has played there before and could do we ghosting around up top without the restrictions of tracking back.

Oliveira - the perfect hatrick today; left foot, right foot, header. Hopefully a struggling PL side didn''t noticed. Such an important player for us now.