Sign in to follow this  
Keith Scott

Papering over the cracks i'm afraid

It''s inevitable we''re going to win the odd game and put in a half decent peformance every now and again. It''s the Hughton scenario all over again. But the fact is 3 wins in last 15 games. 0 wins in last 8 away games. So to those creaming themselves over ONE win, as if all our troubles have disappeared, see you all back here for another reality check when we inevitably lose at Rotherham. Today is not a turning point. Neil out.

See your boys didn''t have a good day today did they.

Poor day all round again Keith. Nevermind. FA Cup next to look forward to. Who have you got?

Or..

Unbeaten in two

Two clean sheets

Discovered the potential star striker with desperately needed last couple seasons.

Whilst not convinced by Alex, for tonight I''m just going to enjoy the result and the performance

This result does paper over the cracks. How can anyone suggest otherwise?

We''re going no where under Neil. Of cause we''ll turn in occasional good performances, look at the players at his disposal. But he''ll never get enough consistency to mount a promotion challenge.

It''s gone too far. He''d need a run of epic proportions to galvanise the club again. And even if that miracle happened, the second a bad run kicks in again people will instantly refer back to this run and critise the club for not getting rid.

Managers have short shelf life''s. AN''s is up, the quicker he''s removed the better for the long term future.

Jekyll and hyde performances this season, but credit to the lads they turned up, got the result, kudos to the lad''s hatrick and nice to see that pr1ck get red-carded ;)

Not on your nelly, papering over any cracks.

Wes & Oliviera outstanding, Klose, Pinto & Olssen fantastic and Howson to strengthen that midfield.

Just an outstanding performance today, nothing else to say, enjoyed that.

Not for me matey, it just highlights how good the players can be, with the right man we might still make the play offs.

Naismith was very average, made some runs but spent most the time directing traffic with his arm waving. Pritchard alongsinge Wes & Oliviera is what I''d be looking to play, then I''m a degree qualified engineer not a football manager so what do I know!

[quote user="Indy"]Not for me matey, it just highlights how good the players can be, with the right man we might still make the play offs.

Naismith was very average, made some runs but spent most the time directing traffic with his arm waving. Pritchard alongsinge Wes & Oliviera is what I''d be looking to play, then I''m a degree qualified engineer not a football manager so what do I know![/quote]

AN highlighted Naismith after the match as an important part of today''s success, for making runs that allowed Wes and Oliveira to have more space where it matters, so maybe he is more important than maybe immediately noticeable?   

Sorry LDC, it was just justifying his selection, he made some good runs, but Murphy was making better runs and taking two defenders with him each time.

Pritchard for me would certainly give more than I saw from McWavingarms today.

He was OK but not outstanding, but I''m sure others will see something else.

Olsson was little mentioned yet defended suprerbly well and got forward too, just brilliant today.

[quote user="A Load of Squit"]I think Keith might sit in one of those seats with restricted view.[/quote]I doubt he can see very much at all considering his seat is about 40 miles from the Carrow Road pitch.

Naismith got some stick early on for misplaced passes and not seeming to run on the the ball, but actually when things settled he had a good game.

I actually enjoy the way he gets right in the faces of the opposition.

Played well imo

It was a very good performance that just goes to show how good this team should be! For whatever reason Neil cannot get us to perform consistently. We still need to get rid!!

[quote user="VanWink"]Naismith got some stick early on for misplaced passes and not seeming to run on the the ball, but actually when things settled he had a good game.

I actually enjoy the way he gets right in the faces of the opposition.

Played well imo[/quote]

We were talking about this exact pass - there was some confusion over who was actually playing on the left.

Had somebody been on the left the pass would have been fine, he seemed to leave it before realising no one was there

He assumed MO was coming forward and when he wasn''t it made Naismith look stupid. He should have had a glance to check.

Will never moan after a win, it''s a step in the right direction but we are still miles off where we should be with the budget we have. time to get some consistency going and get a run together. if we can get in the playoffs then who knows what will happen. I still need convincing that these players have the motivation and bottle to really fight for the cause though, come away from some difficult away games with the points and I''ll be more convinced.