Sign in to follow this  
The Unsullied

So what is an average portion of scampi 🍤

[quote user="The Unsullied "]I wouldn''t expect Delia to go to Tesco I expect hers to be caught off the coast of Lowestoft bread crumbed at Carra Rud all for £3[/quote]All this goes against nature!Whilst all rivers run into the sea, this scampi starts off in the sea but ends up in the Waveney. [;)]

[quote user="Phil Collins"]Can anyone confirm that they are actually putting prawns in batter and then passing them off as scampi?[/quote]

A Dublin Bay Prawn is a Scampi. A well known fact. But is a Dublin Bay Prawn an actual Prawn? That is less certain. And when does a Shrimp become a prawn? Questions, questions....

GPB, a Dublin Bay Prawn is more of a Langoustine than a prawn. The Langoustine is a relative of the Lobster family, its also known as Norwegian Lobster.

Whole tail scampi should be Langoustine, I have heard of reformed Prawns being used as Scampi but that''s not proper is it!!! I wonder if the Gunn Club use the genuine article or an imposter?? The plot thickens and this obviously needs serious investigation!

[quote user="Ron Manager"]GPB, a Dublin Bay Prawn is more of a Langoustine than a prawn. The Langoustine is a relative of the Lobster family, its also known as Norwegian Lobster.[/quote]

Thanks Ron. I am a big fan of Langoustine , and hadn''t made the Dublin Bay connection. As for the Catfish reference , that would be typical of my Gunn Club experience I''m afraid. Second rate.

[quote user="The Unsullied "][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="The Unsullied "]The one thing you would think the cook wouldn''t screw up at the club would be the scampi but she''s has.

And don''t get me started in trying to find a bottle of tomato ketchup with any actual ketchup in it[/quote]Ketchup ? Blimey you will be telling me next you want gravy on them. Tartare sauce surely ?[/quote]

Tartar sauce for the scampi

Ketchup for the chips[/quote]The next question is.....or Heinz Tomato Ketchup Poster

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="The Unsullied "]13 pieces for £3 what a club I wish Norwich was run as well[/quote]In fairness they must be from cheap corner shop which has a dubious supplier as Youngs is £3 a bag in Tesco before you get a portion of chips and a percentage mark up Unsullied.[/quote]

Not from a corner shop (by the way, where do you find a cheap corner shop?)

Both Scampi and Chips from the Cash and Carry.

[quote user="keelansgrandad"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="The Unsullied "]13 pieces for £3 what a club I wish Norwich was run as well[/quote]In fairness they must be from cheap corner shop which has a dubious supplier as Youngs is £3 a bag in Tesco before you get a portion of chips and a percentage mark up Unsullied.[/quote]

Both Scampi and Chips from the Cash and Carry.[/quote]You obviously have never been anywhere near Magdalen Street or Anglia Square lately ? [:P]

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="keelansgrandad"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="The Unsullied "]13 pieces for £3 what a club I wish Norwich was run as well[/quote]In fairness they must be from cheap corner shop which has a dubious supplier as Youngs is £3 a bag in Tesco before you get a portion of chips and a percentage mark up Unsullied.[/quote]

Both Scampi and Chips from the Cash and Carry.[/quote]You obviously have never been anywhere near Magdalen Street or Anglia Square lately ? [:P][/quote]I''ve seen several secondhand burgers in Anglia Square but never secondhand scampi. [:S]

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="keelansgrandad"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="The Unsullied "]13 pieces for £3 what a club I wish Norwich was run as well[/quote]In fairness they must be from cheap corner shop which has a dubious supplier as Youngs is £3 a bag in Tesco before you get a portion of chips and a percentage mark up Unsullied.[/quote]

Both Scampi and Chips from the Cash and Carry.[/quote]You obviously have never been anywhere near Magdalen Street or Anglia Square lately ? [:P][/quote]

Remember getting slaughtered in the Hofbrau House in Anglia House.

[quote user="The Unsullied "]I am pleading with the fans any protest before,during or after the Derby game must also include this issue around the scampi 🍤[/quote]

How the hell are you going to chant something including:

"Contravening the Fish Labelling (Amendment) England Regulation 2005 and Schedule 1 of the Food Labelling Regulations 1996."

Much easier to chant "you''re gonna get your furcan head kicked in".

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Somebody sent me a photo of it mate.......shameful state of affairs.[/quote]

Now I''m no policeman, John - but from that picture, it looks to me extremely likely that there were in fact another 4 pieces of Scampi occupying our top right hand side of the bowl, thus the recipient actually did receive the full 10 pieces... 😉

...Or maybe 2 or 3 pieces - not sure if that''s a 7 or a 8 portion reformed scampi meal?. Nobody likes a small portion, at least none of the girls I''ve met anyway.

[quote user="The Unsullied "]6 and a half pieces today

Club has gone to the dogs[/quote]"Jesus called for the bread and fish to be brought to Him (Matthew 14:18).

He then gave thanks for the meal, broke the bread, and gave it to His

disciples to give to the crowd. Amazingly, the entire multitude was fed

with that small meal. Jesus provided “as much as they wanted” (John 6:11), and “they all ate and were satisfied” (Matthew 14:20).

Christ did not just meet the need; He lavished them with so much food

that there were “twelve baskets full of broken pieces and of the fish”

left over (Mark 6:43)."You need to get yourself to church Waveney. All they could eat and still some left over. [:D]