Sign in to follow this  
The Unsullied

So what is an average portion of scampi 🍤

As I have highlighted in a previous thread the scampi situation at the gunn club is getting beyond a joke

So what is the average size portion of scampi. For me it''s a minimum 10 pieces

Any chefs out there or scampi experts that can educate the club?

The size and quality is proportionate to ratio. If you''re getting 12 or more pieces then they''re either small or of poor quality. In a Young''s frozen bag of scampi I would say on average you get three helpings of around 5/6 pieces of good quality scampi.

I''m afraid it''s all scampi substitute, reconstituted white fish, the days of real scampi went with relegation.

The one thing you would think the cook wouldn''t screw up at the club would be the scampi but she''s has.

And don''t get me started in trying to find a bottle of tomato ketchup with any actual ketchup in it

Forget scampi, get yourself a fish finger sandwich instead!

Sandwiches are a tad out dated now, surely even in Norfolk we should be having wraps?

Now which are we talking about here Unsullied ? Do you like them with chunky chips served in one of those annoying tin buckets on a flat slate plate ?

In our freezer at the rugby club, we have many little freezer bags each containing one serving of Scampi.

In each, there are 13 pieces. With a generous portion of chips, we charge £3.00.

But of course rugby is a game for thugs played by gentlemen whereas football is a game for gentlemen played by thugs.

So perhaps we would charge more for less in the Gunn club.

We search our customers for weapons beforehand rather than let them carry guns in our club though.

[quote user="The Unsullied "]The one thing you would think the cook wouldn''t screw up at the club would be the scampi but she''s has.

And don''t get me started in trying to find a bottle of tomato ketchup with any actual ketchup in it[/quote]Ketchup ? Blimey you will be telling me next you want gravy on them. Tartare sauce surely ?

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Now which are we talking about here Unsullied ? Do you like them with chunky chips served in one of those annoying tin buckets on a flat slate plate ?[/quote]

We are talking the left hand variety and all on a plate

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="The Unsullied "]The one thing you would think the cook wouldn''t screw up at the club would be the scampi but she''s has.

And don''t get me started in trying to find a bottle of tomato ketchup with any actual ketchup in it[/quote]Ketchup ? Blimey you will be telling me next you want gravy on them. Tartare sauce surely ?[/quote]

Tartar sauce for the scampi

Ketchup for the chips

[quote user="The Unsullied "]13 pieces for £3 what a club I wish Norwich was run as well[/quote]In fairness they must be from cheap corner shop which has a dubious supplier as Youngs is £3 a bag in Tesco before you get a portion of chips and a percentage mark up Unsullied.

The whole rationale for Wynn-Jones involving his wife in Carrow Road affairs was surely to use her culinary expertise to benefit the club. Get the catering up to standard and ensure that good quality food is on offer.How this requires a seat on the board is a mystery. And the fact that we are hearing complaint after complaint about the standard of catering surely means it''s time for Wynn-Jones to crack the whip.

There is no universal single measure and the serving size will vary by outlet.

I would recommend you look as supermarket scampi to see the average calories per serving, note the weight of the serving size, and then take some digital scales on your next trip to the Gunn Club. Only then will you have any kind of empirical evidence with which to challenge the powers that be.

Phil great about but yet another example of what has gone wrong at our once great club

When I go to other grounds I don''t see thousands of home fans carrying digital scales to weigh the scampi at their grounds but at Carra Rud we are expected to bring our own

Cook out ncfc digital scales in

It''s definitely 7!

Remember the song;

(to the 12 days of xmas)

From the menu at the chippy my order was read to me;

7 sizzling scampi''s

6 battered sausages

5 onion rings

4 cod fillets

3 french breads

2 pots of curry sauce

and a side of mushy peas

[quote user="Leedscanary"]Mr Tilson - there is nothing wrong with having gravy on scampi.

In fact, I could argue that gravy goes with everything![/quote]I gave up a long time ago with you my gravy swilling Northern friend when we discussed gravy on pancakes.

I was a member of the Gunn Club for many years, and mostly had the filling, if not gastronomically challenging , Cumberland Sausage and Chips. I''m not a proud man, but queuing up for said Bangers to then struggle to find somewhere to sit, all for the not inconsiderable fee involved eventually saw me, and the entire Beard family , resign our membership . Had there have been Scampi at the time this could well have changed things dramatically, partial as I am to a Dublin Bay Prawn or three. But there was no such thing. It was pie, sausage or a baguette .

Which leads me to ask.

Is the raising of Scampi-gate a Red Herring?

Maybe the reduction in portion size was the catering staff''s subtle way of telling you to cut down your calories?!

Moved on from Prawn Sandwich to Scampi - exactly the type of plastic fan that Roy Keane loves