Sign in to follow this  
ReadingCanary

Alex Neil secret deal

The two million is speculation as far as I can see. The point is its 2 years pay whatever that might be. Presumably his useless coaches are on a similar deal so the total bill could be quite a bit more than two million.

Whatever it is galling that he will get two million pounds for being a failure. I accept that''s football but take a step back and it''s utterly ridiculous.

£2 million quid ? I''d be quite content with the ''flipping'' £90,000 quid for doing 3 months hard....err.....deputising for.....an'' dancin''......an'' whatever.....an'' stuff......?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]So, 12 hours later, does anyone know wheat length contract McNally have Neil in 2015? Or even the details on it.[/quote]A secret reserved to the Inner Circle.

http://www.canaries.co.uk/news/article/alex-neil-norwich-city-new-contract-2494792.aspx

No details on length, but the club still made it public - probably a 1 year rolling with improved wage as McNally arranged it - although thats just me speculating

Whatever the deal was, it appears it was too heavily favoured to AN, especially as he bagged a relegation. I can''t imagine there were any PL clubs who would of been after AN in the summer - may of been a completely different case had we had of performed well.

You never give anyone a contract you cannot afford to terminate. I hope that isn''t the case here, but nothing surprise me with the way the club is(n''t) run.

Only in football do managers get paid for being absolutely shite at their job!

Why doesnt any club have the balls to say, yep here''s a big pay off if you go, but if you fail to reach agreed performance markers you''re bike sun!

It''s probably all shite and he''s on that rolling 1 year contract City like to give managers which means it''s always a 12 month pay off, I would be suprised if AN isn''t on a couple million a year, that''s only 40k a week.

Wouldn''t it be a thing if clubs could put managers on a contract dependent on results. So like this season play offs would be minimum target with a clause that the contract ends if at any time we are 10 points off or whatever. But I guess nobody would sign such a deal.

But to be fair we don''t know what clauses are in the contract or even the length. So we can only speculate.

Indy, McNally changed the rolling contract to a fixed term longer one. Nobody seems to know the length. My guess would be anything between 3 years and 10 years!

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Wouldn''t it be a thing if clubs could put managers on a contract dependent on results. So like this season play offs would be minimum target with a clause that the contract ends if at any time we are 10 points off or whatever. But I guess nobody would sign such a deal.

But to be fair we don''t know what clauses are in the contract or even the length. So we can only speculate.

Indy, McNally changed the rolling contract to a fixed term longer one. Nobody seems to know the length. My guess would be anything between 3 years and 10 years![/quote]

Thanks nutty, didn''t know that, but like I said 2 million isn''t a huge pay off in football anymore, so as our say we speculate that he''s got a years pay off that''s probably only a years pay in my opinion.

I know it would be hard to get managers to sign contracts with zero pay for not achieving the set targets, like say top 10 after 23 games, but then if they are paid high to hit the target ithould be the way!

It''s not anything to get bent out of shape about, if the club have agreed to this or not we can''t do bugger all about it anyway.

I can see no reason whatsoever why the manager''s contract should not contain termination provisions in the event that certain targets are not being met in terms of playing performance. Indeed I would be disappointed if there was not something in Neil''s contract that enables us to terminate with a lower level of compensation in the event that we are not above a certain position in the table or within a certain distance of the promotion places. I accept that he would be unlikely to agree to no compensation in such circumstances but it seems a nonsense that he should get 2 years pay on termination regardless of the circumstances of that termination. I cannot believe that anyone with vaguely competent negotiation skills would have agreed to that in the summer in the context of a recent relegation. If they did and it was Balls then he should resign and give back that £90K he took from the club as well.

So you''re grabbing this with both hands then Jim, and treating something you read in the Sun, as gospel?

Just because it suits?

To be fair, this is a big thing to some people Morty.

Whilst my personal point of view is in no way should a post relegation contract amendment result in a £2M payoff (it doesn''t make sense and thinks that don''t make sense usually aren''t true), there''s been posters on here for years claim we''re a laughing stock of the football world etc.

Well, with a big back page story with Balls dancing in vibrant yellow about our inability to organise a p*ss up in a brewery, at least those posters actually have something to go on at last.

The only thing I can''t get my head around is how is a picture of ed balls dancing in the ugliest yellow suit I''ve ever seen "sexing it up"!?

[quote user="morty"]So you''re grabbing this with both hands then Jim, and treating something you read in the Sun, as gospel?

Just because it suits?[/quote]

Not really Morty, its just another alleged c**k up to add to a growing list.

For what its worth I do not think the Sun and the Mirror would publish this story unless they had some kind of source to back it up. I had already heard similar myself last week from alternative sources so its interesting this has now surfaced in the national media. If its not true then the club will presumably take legal action and seek an apology so we will have to wait and see.

Well it turns out in AN''s interview today he refused to comment on the story in the Sun but did confirm all staff contracts changed after relegation.

So it probably is true. Would have been easier to just deny it, if it were the case. Damn.

Even if it is true though, take away all the hysteria and what it boils down to is that our manager, same as every other manager, has a payoff clause.

Calm down.

[quote user="OldRobert"][quote user="lake district canary"]Squit is absolutely correct. The word "chinese" has been chosen arbitarily, purely for maximum effect. [/quote]The Times is not a tabloid newspaper, so Squit''s argument of them using the tabloid''s world ''insert name of nationality here investors'' is spurious.  Neither do you or he/she have any evidence to state that Charlie Wyett has just chosen the word ''chinese'' arbitrarily, it''s just your opinion.[/quote]

The Times may not be published in tabloid format, but its ethics and editorial standards are tabloid, as are all Murdoch papers.

I find it still functions well for lighting a fire but as a reliable source of news it is less useful than the proverbial chocolate teapot.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]There is another less publicised interview floating around d somewhere where delia mentions the Chinese.[/quote]

So less publicised it has never surfaced here, which is a bit of a miracle, given how assiduous posters are at trawling the internet for the merest mention of NCFC and Delia, and given what would be its relevance. I suggest someone needs to find this interview, or find out it doesn''t exist.

morty "Even if it is true though, take away all the hysteria and what it boils down to is that our manager, same as every other manager, has a payoff clause.

Calm down."

Morty, I obviously agree that a payoff clause for a manager isn''t unusual. But it''s the likelihood that AN''s contract renegotiation increased the cost of that payoff that suggests less than clear thinking at the head of the organisation. He was the captain of the relegation ship!

Regarding the Chinese investment, I''d rather it were Indian investors to be honest. I much prefer a good curry over a chinky and Delias would make a decent sized curry house. Mate it happen whoever owns Pataks!

Yes that''s unknown. As is the length of that contract. I think it''s safe to say the two were probably linked. But we''re flying a kite because the contract could have any amount of clauses in. Wouldn''t it be a coincidence if Neil left by mutual consent at the same stage as Adams did.

So to sum up, nobody really knows anything for sure, other than what some dodgy Sun "journalist" has trotted out?

He''s now tweeted that chris Martin has refused to play for Fulham tonight. Interesting to see the team line ups when out

Whatever anyone might think of the Sun newspaper it''s football journalists are known as some of the best in the business and Wyett is both a senior journalist and a man who clearly had contacts in and around Norwich City. Nursey has got plenty right about is in the Mirror previously. Às I have said previously let''s see if the club sue them?