Sign in to follow this  
ReadingCanary

Alex Neil secret deal

The sun running a story tomorrow on the back page - says the board gave Alex Neil a secret deal back in the summer - means we have to pay our 2 million to sack him.

This is obviously bs.

I mean, Delia makes EVERY decision so Balls is irrelevant.

Perhaps this deal was brokered by Balls and that''s what the £90,000 was for....

I''ll predict it now. Klose and Brady sold in the next week, funds available for players swallowed by sacking Neil, relegation to League One, Delia throws a party featuring an open top bus and spends next year''s para payments on fireworks.

Oh my word, it''s only the Sun isn''t it.

No detail as to what it really means.

Is somebody trying to create trouble?

Definitely feel this could be true. The sun could easily make this up but as a tiny corner page article, they wouldn''t make it the Main back page headline as not that many are interested in what''s going on at norwich

[quote user="VanWink"]Oh my word, it''s only the Sun isn''t it.

No detail as to what it really means.

Is somebody trying to create trouble?[/quote]

Story has been written & tweeted by journo Charlie Wyett a ncfc fan

Just to point out that people accuse Delia of lies and dishonesty despite being a fan and out majority shareholder but because Charlie Wyett is a fan, this has to be treated as gospel.

It could well be true, I mean it''s a risky thing to throw out there if it isn''t, but doesn''t that indicate some pretty obvious and rank hypocrisy amongst us fans?

Rob Butler claiming he''ll ask the question of him at tomorrow''s press conference. Obviously he won''t answer - why would he, as its a private contractual matter, but get the popcorn ready, could be a lively one. Actually, with relations so strained between the local media and the club, I can see this being a bit of a feisty pre match chat.

We won''t know for sure if this is true or not as Neil can easily say it isn''t and we''d be none the wiser, at least until the accounts are released and by that time he''ll be long gone

Haven''t picked up a Sun news paper since the print strikes many,many years ago. Was a scum paper back then and I doubt it''s changed these days.

Can''t blame Neil for this if the board have given him this in his contract, so will never leave unless pushed, but WTF is going on our CEO doesn''t talk to the press, our manager can''t manage, none of them talk to us. The team can''t win a game and our best players want to leave surprise...the chairman...a joker along with the owners.

I can''t wait for the next great piece of news.

He was on about 750k per year last year right? If they gave him a 4 year contract at 500k per year as a way of showing faith in him it would sort of make sense. I doubt he got a pay rise!

Still seems strange though, might lend credibility to the rumour that he offered his resignation and had to be persuaded.

Wyett is legit, no? After Archant breaking ranks, this could be a significant story.

Full article: https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/2499797/ed-balls-blasted-after-handing-under-fire-norwich-city-boss-alex-neil-a-secret-2m-deal-in-the-summer/

will do wonders for team spirit - Neil gets improved deal (at least in terms of £2 million termination compensation according to the story) as a reward for relegation shambles while most players apparently got pay cuts.

Only at Norwich is failure rewarded

[quote user="ReadingCanary"]The sun running a story tomorrow on the back page - says the board gave Alex Neil a secret deal back in the summer - means we have to pay our 2 million to sack him.

.........[/quote]

Blimey, that would mean we would have to pay up the remainder of hus contractwhatever next ?

(incisive reporting from the sun once again)

Moxey did say it''s more complicated than just sacking him. Sounds like this could be the reason. If true it''s one too many mistakes from the board and they need to go.