Sign in to follow this  
Bradwell canary

Klosse at his worst...

Is better than the cart horse Bassong at his best.

Had a very good came, leads to the question, why has he been out so long. The same goes for Wes, why so long out, was class today.

It seems that one good performance, and you could be on the bench,for weeks, and if you have a good one you will be dropped.

Prichard must have doubts about moving here now, when he had choices.

[quote user="Bradwell canary"]Is better than the cart horse Bassong at his best.

Had a very good came, leads to the question, why has he been out so long. The same goes for Wes, why so long out, was class today.

It seems that one good performance, and you could be on the bench,for weeks, and if you have a good one you will be dropped.

Prichard must have doubts about moving here now, when he had choices.[/quote]
Who knows why he was not included today? He may have been injured or Alex Neil may have just felt this was a better group to face Derby. What I do know is that if I were the manager for the Brentford match and witnessed the number of times Pritchard lost the ball and then let the opponent simply run away from him without showing determination to recover it then that, in  itself, would have been enough for me to leave Pritchard out and tell him I expect to see a different attitude in training over the next two or three weeks before his name is considered for the team sheet.
With respect to your point that I highlighted, Bradwell, players can often reflect upon the choices they make, however, reflecting on choices is a weak substitute for a strong work ethic that can serve you well regardless of which club you join. Apparently, he''s not alone in such occurrences with some Norwich players this season but, for a young man with his obvious talent and background, Norwich can be a a good home for him for a while if he applies himself consistently. 

No sense in the entire post.

Klose has been poor; did well today though. Bassong came in and did - generally - well, but anyone playing with Bennett is at a disadvantage.

Today, my preferred pairing played and I thought they did OK, but probably no better than that. There was still hesitation, balls bouncing and even Darren Bent managed to get 1v1. Martin''s distribution was below his best today although for the right footed sure things going astray, there were a couple of lovely little clipped lefties.

It is what it is but Bassong is far from a carthorse and deserves better than that.

Still, each to their own.

And you whiff of bin.

Bassong at his best as we saw in his first season with us is a premier league player, however i dont think he hits those heights nearly often enough which is why i dont rate him, nothing to do with ability.

Bennet made two amazing tackles against Brentford, to be blaming him for Bassongs poor form is absurd.

Bassong often goes wandering off out of position and to be honest he must be a nightmare to play alongside.

Vanwink,

I think you make a very valid point, Seb does go a wandering, leaving his partner to cover for him whilst also doing their own job, so the partner is then often out of position and gets caught out (and the blame from many). Unfortunately he doesn''t offer the same cover in response, so very often it is his playing partner who picks up the brickbats.

Bent isnt exactly awful is he though, you dont have england caps for no reason

[quote user="Duncan Edwards"]No sense in the entire post.

Klose has been poor; did well today though. Bassong came in and did - generally - well, but anyone playing with Bennett is at a disadvantage.

Today, my preferred pairing played and I thought they did OK, but probably no better than that. There was still hesitation, balls bouncing and even Darren Bent managed to get 1v1. Martin''s distribution was below his best today although for the right footed sure things going astray, there were a couple of lovely little clipped lefties.

It is what it is but Bassong is far from a carthorse and deserves better than that.

Still, each to their own.

And you whiff of bin.[/quote]

[quote user="The Unsullied "]Would have Michael Turner over Bassong any day of the week[/quote]

I think Tina Turner would do a bettet job!

Ryan Bennett has been the problem with the defence all season, he seems to have very little motivation and concentration to be a good player in that position.

He is the best centre back at the club when out injured.

How many times have you heard cant wait till Ryan Bennett get back in team, we will be ok.

[quote user="The Unsullied "]Would have Michael Turner over Bassong any day of the week[/quote]

Will you film it?

It is funny how the defence has morphed all season and after an improved performance against an admittedly poor side (who then went and won away) we have now ended up with probably most peoples 1st choice defence.

Now that is trial and error.

Bassong was a decent player when he first arrived - won POTS and was the captain. However I think he is past it now as he''s getting towards the end of his career. He did have a few good games just before Christmas but I''d always have Klose ahead of him