Sign in to follow this  
Stone

Palace lodge £7m bid for Brady...

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/transfers/crystal-palace-lodge-bid-for-norwich-winger/ar-BBxOW9X?li=AA572I&ocid=spartandhp

And so it starts.

I think £10 mil for him is fair and possible, considering his form has been pretty up and down. Mostly down!

He can go, blows hot and cold all the time

String it out and get some decent cash though

If we get what we paid for him then I think that is fine.

Minimum of £10 mill and I think we should be happy with that. Wouldn''t have been in the summer but half a season of poor form is going to reduce the value somewhat.

I can see him going for £10m-£12m. Hopefully we reinvest the money in a commanding centre back as a priority.

got to be 15 million + why

well not on his form here but under a good manager we will see more performances like the euros

he has the skill to be a premiership player you watch him play better once he has left here

His stock has fallen from the summer but not that far. If we can get £12m and reinvest in the defence I''d be delighted.

Bearing in mind our requirement to sell before purchasing, our desperation to climb up the table and our history of under selling I would be very surprised to see anything over £10m.

Hope so though!

If he played for Southampton he''d be going for £20m!!!

As many posters have stated, if they pay up, they can have him as far as I''m concerned... Give young lads a chance or get someone new in with the money.

Best time to be selling, there are not going to be many players of his quality around this wIndow, over £10 million definitely.

Two to pay off AN and still got loads of money 😀

With a decent Euro 2016 behind him his stock was pretty high, quite rightly along with our valuation - he could and should have been a star for us this season. Unfortunately he has been extremely ordinary and we''ve looked better when he''s not played - IMO anything above £10m and he''ll be off; no doubt we''ve got an eye on yet more m/fs.

first ting they will do is plat him more central like euros and he will shine

better players better coaching better manager

you can not buy players for the PL under 10 mil

Brady should of been in the summer, but the board overvalued him significantly IMO and as a result, we''ve had an inconsistent and expensive player whose hunger is questionable. Whatever the best offer is - take it - the club doesn''t need expensive part timers to get them to where the claim they want to go...

On the basis that Olsson could get injured at any point, we''re a few points off the playoffs, and it''s highly unlikely we''d get a player of the same level or better, I wouldn''t sell before the summer myself, if at all, should (IF) we be promoted. I was impressed with him against Brentford, but he has nothing to prove to me - form is temporary, class in permanent.

Close or over 10 and I''d be tempted to accept but only if we''ve got reinforcements lined up

I do feel some fans are overvaluing Brady, especially that most have (rightly) moaned that he isn''t worth it, so its a hypocritical stance. We can''t expect to get top dollar for a player that hasn''t proved his worth.

All anything or anyone is worth is what someone is prepared to pay - We will find out soon enough what that figure is for Brady, but any money will have to be invested wisely as there is no spare cash flying around Carrow Road and oddly, Norwich seem to make better purchases when funds are tight as the big transfers (for us at least) do not work out.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="SwindonCanary"]Pat on the back to the Norwich board for turning down the £7 million straight away [/quote]How come ?We''d be daft to accept the first bid if it''s less than eight figures. If Palace want him they''ll be back.

[/quote]Think about it, he''s probably one of our top earners, and we''ve got to sell before buying anyone, it would be very tempting to off load him.

Plus it''s never as simple as going "Palace want you Robbie for £10 million, we''ve done the deal, and that''s where you''re going!"

Player has to want to go and then agree terms. So many outside factors, it''s not like shopping in Tesco

This is a bit of a double edged sword, do we hold out for as much as possible and let this drag out till the end of the window, then lose him and get no-one in, or offload him quickly and give us the entire window to add some depth?!? Suspect we''ll do the first one!!

I jokingly mentioned Kieran Richardson in a previous post, but as a quick ''win'' (?!?) he''d do as a back up to Olsson and wouldn''t cost a penny in transfer, he''s always been an aggressive little so and so and might add a bit more of commitment to the team, unlike Brady!?