Sign in to follow this  
Lessingham Canary

NCFC interested in Omar Bogle

http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/carlisle-1-grimsby-town-3-highlights-re-live-omar-bogle-s-brace-and-adi-yussuf-s-debut-goal/story-30027115-detail/story.html

Sorry no clicky, link takes you to his 2 goals yesterday.

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]From Grimsby, young and strong 18 goals already this season (in div2), worth a look.[/quote]

Forest also interested in the boy. Had better be quick......

Thanks LC, when I saw the message heading I assumed it was an "amusing" made up name & was trying to think how it would sound if you said it out loud, but then I saw that you were the poster so I took it seriously.  Never heard of him but looks interesting...

Take your point ICF, mind you his name would lend itself to the old Gary O''Neil song.....

If someone could do a clicky on the link would be appreciated, the lad looks half decent.

If we are to sign a striker in this window then this is the type of player we should go for. Youngish, hungry and probably happy to come off the bench initially.

Wed have just got Nelson firing on all cylinders, we should not be signing someone like Hogan who will no doubt be put straight into the side at Nelson''s expense.

Selling Brady and getting a back up left back and genuinely quick left wing option our priorities if you ask me.

Perhaps we swap him for AN''s first balls up in the transfer market for Parle Vous Francias Andreau

He also got the assist for the other goal with a clever backheel.
6''2 and only 24. Scored 31 in 64 for Grimsby. Both footed too.
Obviously never seen him play, and youtube is a dangerous game, but what he''s got on there is impressive. Looks to be very skillful for a big man. Got a bit of pace and very strong. Also gets a fair few assists and at one point in the youtube vid does a couple of stepovers and whipped in a peach of a cross. Reminds me a bit of Efan Ekoku in terms of playing style from what I can see on the youtube montage.
Would definitely be a different option to what we have at the moment. Presuming it doesn''t break the bank then I''d be happy to give him his chance and see what he can do. Exactly the sort of striker we should be going for. 

This is the type of player we should be looking at, like we used to do, buy raw talent bring them on!!.

Work with a Grimsby town fan, he really rates him, big, quick and knows where the net is!!.

If you think Grimsby would get anywhere near £3-4m for him then your mad. Be suprised if it was more than £1m. If your paying that for a league 2 striker than we have big problems in the game.

[quote user="Jim Borrison"]Anagram of name is "Me Goal Orb" which indicates he will win the ballon d''or. Sign him up.[/quote]The mind Bogles

Was wondering when Assombalonga''s name would get a mention...

Seems to be injured all of the time, if we have to sell to buy do we want to spend that much on players who either are unknown quantities (Bogle) or have checkered injury records (Assombalonga)?

[quote user="Move Klose"]If you think Grimsby would get anywhere near £3-4m for him then your mad. Be suprised if it was more than £1m. If your paying that for a league 2 striker than we have big problems in the game.[/quote]

I not saying they would. But it''s what they want, and there under no pressure to sell. Well supported and a new ground on its way, their in a decent position at the moment.

Norwich can''t really afford to buy the finished article, even at Championship level. Hogan will probably fetch over £10m, Wells about £8m (would be more but he''s apparently turned down a new contract) and we can''t really afford that. Taking a chance on a young up and comer sounds like the right idea to me.

quote user="djc"

Omar Gawd is a more likely signing for us.

quote user="kick it off"

Did that sound funnier in your head?

Yep. how was it for you? it took 10 minutes for your reply....

[quote user="Jim Borrison"]Anagram of name is "Me Goal Orb" which indicates he will win the ballon d''or. Sign him up.[/quote]

How about Ogle Rambo

I saw him on the highlights and he''s got thighs like Tree trunks. Another Akinfenwa in a couple of years maybe.