Sign in to follow this  
Peter Gates

Training ground Bust ups

Methinks with all these rumours, no smoke without fire between our players, leads me to the question of whether team spirit is all it could be.

McKenzie v Francis

Green v Shackell

Worthy v Bentley, McVeigh, Mulryne etc. and countless others still to run.

Seems to be too many falling outs for the good of the teams collective good.

Perhaps Worthy could sort this out, or perhaps he is not the best person as forgive and forget not a short term Worthy trait.

mckenzie v francis?

green v shackell?

never heard these stories before.

worthy v bentley was sorted out as soon as it started and bentley started playing much better for it.

all other worthy disagreements have been nothing more than pure speculation. just because a player is dropped it cant be assumed that he has fallen out with worthy. it seems as though, unless he plays every single player at the smae time, people on this board will call it player mismangement and worthy being stubborn.

get over it. you''ve got no evidence of anything that goes on on the training ground and neither has anyone else on this board, so dont speculate.

[quote]Methinks with all these rumours, no smoke without fire between our players, leads me to the question of whether team spirit is all it could be. McKenzie v Francis Green v Shackell Worthy v Bentley,...[/quote]

"Forgive and forget not a Worthy policy"? Excuse me, but I have to disagree.
Barring one comment, born out of frustration, Worthy has demonstrated a commendable ability to "forgive and forget" all the fans who''ve been after his head since virtually the first day of the season!
Any player who''s spoken to the press says the same thing - Worthy is always straight with them if he has a problem with attitude/fitness etc. Even WLY Paul was told what he had to do when he seemed to be ignored - he did it & got back in the side. Of course, all the conspiracy theorists will tap their noses and say "Well they have to say that to the press, don''t they?", calmly ignoring the fact that players talk to people all the time and news like this never takes long to surface in a verifiable form.

Leon is injured, Shackell is injured, deal with it!

I do sometimes wonder how many of the loyal supporters on here actually bothered to read Iwan''s Diary.

I think from reading the views of an experienced and trusted former player you would agree that Worthy is not necessarily the most straightforward and open of managers. 

Therefore all the stories of bust-ups between him and players are exceedingly believable.

spot on dd and fat barman - "no smoke without fire" holds no water (see what i''ve done there!) in the world of football gossip! there is regular smoke without so much as a lick of flame. just remember all the transfer nonsense going round in the summer for a start.

a lot of the time the only smoke is that blown from the a***s of fans and tabloids.

of all your x vs y match ups peter, you seem to have come back with just one in the end - green v shackell of which there is precious little evidence of anything of note. you think they might have had an arguement in training?
woah, hold the front page! why do people think that if training is not a plastic utopia of roses and daisy chains then the players must be at each others throats and the manager must have lost control. because of course, the players have lost all respect for the manager, as proved by mcviegh''s renaissance, ashton and hughes''s commitment, safri''s goal celebrations and leon''s goal celebrations and damo and sven''s goal celebrations when they were here.

just out of interest peter - what do you think happened to princess diana?

Twenty five blokes.

Not necessarily the most intelligent chaps.

All of them think they are the bees knees.

I''m sure there are a HELL of a lot more bust-ups than we ever get to hear of.

[quote]Twenty five blokes. Not necessarily the most intelligent chaps. All of them think they are the bees knees. I''m sure there are a HELL of a lot more bust-ups than we ever get to hear of.[/quote]

mook

i was really aching to put something down here along those lines, but was afraid to cos you lot would think i was being sexist

so thanks

carrying on with your reasoning then, does that mean that 25 male posters ........

i rest my case 

Weston Canary, if it wasn''t for the tubes of the female supporters there would be glass and no class! Unless of course you are a Test Tube Tyke!

I come from a Family of Staunch Canary Supporters; considered to be part of my Norfolk Heritage; with equal Male & Female Support!

More Mook! More Mook! More Mook!