Sign in to follow this  
The Big Bad Wolf

Pink un Sell or Keep Poll

Interesting results so far...1168 responses. The players that most respondents want to see gone are Brady, Bassong, Lafferty, Turner and Whittaker. Presume Brady is on here as he is an asset that people feel we can do without and to bring cash to create a transfer kitty (given previous comments about needing to sell to buy). Turner and Whittaker are fairly obvious choices and Lafferty appears surplus to requirements with Lord Nelson''s form. Presume most would like to see any funds spent on upgrading the defense. Any thoughts on the poll and who we should be bringing in? Wolf.

It''d be nice to drop a few but I can''t see as many outs and maybe only 1 max 2 in

Maybe some loans out but not to rivals

Would love to get rid of lafferty so Morris can get some bench time

Naismith is a weird one. I get the impression from yesterday if he hadn''t been in the side and say Pritchard was in his place it would have all fallen over. Yet I also think he was wasteful the other day his position is pivotal and a bit of an enigma

Maybe if he plays a few games now he''ll start flying

His main problem is and always has been at all his clubs that he hasn''t found a definitive playing position

I agree. Naismith is difficult to like as he cost so much but lacks a clear role. At his best he is superb. Still 10 million for Brady and 8 for SN would be good business. The other outs are obvious although I want Klose to stay.

Can see Brady & Lafferty being sold. Canos being loaned. & maybe even Naismith loaned due to his high wages.

Agree with all the above really. Turner and Whittaker it''s mainly age against them. Bassong has been poor and needs replacing.

Naismith I''ve found difficult to grow to like. He hasn''t really added anything to the squad at all and cost a lot and is reportedly on high wages. He also tried to leave in the last transfer window. Was supposed to be a long term replacement for Wes but looks miles apart in terms of what he brings to the side.

Brady is a hard one. Is a huge asset but has been largely poor this season. If the money is right given our league position it only seems right to let him go but only if we are to invest the money where it is needed, sorting out our leaking defence

[quote user="AJ"]. He also tried to leave in the last transfer window. [/quote]

Is this right?  The impression I got was that Sunderland made an approach, but he turned it down.  He may have turned it down for several reasons  - one of which may have been they didn''t offer him enough to entice him away from his commitment at Norwich. 

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="AJ"]. He also tried to leave in the last transfer window. [/quote]

Is this right?  The impression I got was that Sunderland made an approach, but he turned it down.  He may have turned it down for several reasons  - one of which may have been they didn''t offer him enough to entice him away from his commitment at Norwich. 

[/quote]I thought it was because Sunderland would not or could not match the terms he was on here.

Supposedly Sunderland couldn''t match/or didn''t want to pay what we were paying him.

And he didn''t want to go on loan because he was on the verge of moving his family down.

Reckon he will be a big financial loss like RVW. End up going on loan couple of times and leaving on a free in the end.

I thought it was well reported he told his agent to push the deal through at the time

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="AJ"]. He also tried to leave in the last transfer window. [/quote]

Is this right?  The impression I got was that Sunderland made an approach, but he turned it down.  He may have turned it down for several reasons  - one of which may have been they didn''t offer him enough to entice him away from his commitment at Norwich.  [/quote]I thought it was because Sunderland would not or could not match the terms he was on here.[/quote]

Isn''t that pretty much the same thing?  If he really wanted to go, he was given the opportunity. It shows he has a commitment here and the only way he would have moved would have been for more money.  Depends on which way you look at it, I suppose.  After the last match, in which he was an important factor according to AN (and Parma, on here) I should think he could be a very important player for us in the run in, so hope he stays.

[quote user="The Big Bad Wolf"]Interesting results so far...1168 responses. The players that most respondents want to see gone are Brady, Bassong, Lafferty, Turner and Whittaker. Presume Brady is on here as he is an asset that people feel we can do without and to bring cash to create a transfer kitty (given previous comments about needing to sell to buy). Turner and Whittaker are fairly obvious choices and Lafferty appears surplus to requirements with Lord Nelson''s form. Presume most would like to see any funds spent on upgrading the defense. Any thoughts on the poll and who we should be bringing in? Wolf.[/quote]Unlike the summer window, when we spent more than we raked in, I suspect this winter we will roughly balance the books in terms of transfer fees, or even spend a bit less than we receive.But as important a consideration should be reducing the wage bill, particularly given the likelihood of us still being in the Championship next season. So we may aim to bring in as many players as we sell, and for the same money, but still significantly cut the wage bill.The context is that fans were warned at the AGM that we would be going into the red by some millions this financial year, and since then we have done a debt deal with Barclays in which we have pledged as security our Premier League parachute payments for this season and next.

Lol I just did the survey and realise we have made the board''s job very easy for them. Essentially all they need to do is identify the "Red Pac Men" in the survey results and sell them!

I like this idea of fan voting to make club decisions, a sure winner ;-)