Sign in to follow this  
SeattleCanary

Boro have blackburn's old strikeforce

Now they''ve signed Gestede and they have Rhodes, that''s the duo from 2 seasons back for Blackburn. With Boro having Negredo, Ramirez, and even Nugent (who is pants) could we pinch Rhodes in some capacity I wonder?

Just goes to show that with those two, and Josh King all in the Prem now, Blackburn had the forwards of a Prem team but the rest of the setup wasn''t up to scratch to get them back up. We have to make sure we get the balance right in our team these next two windows!

To be fair, at one point we had Snodgrass, Howson & Johnson - we were only a Max Gradel away from having Leeds'' League One midfield in the Premier League...

As for Rhodes, i''m not sure if has the attributes I think we need, especially given how we set up with 1 up top

Agree to an extent about how we set up, but it only takes an injury to Cam and he''d be right in the thick of it with Olive.

He''s had what, three clubs since then? Surely the whiff of bin has come out in the wash by now. Although I feel more strongly about Wickham in that sense (not having him here) than I do Rhodes, not sure why tbh.

The Ipswich link is the thing that makes me want him. They released him as a kid, every goal he scored for us would hurt them.That being said, no chance. Way out of our budget now and not in the position we''re in desperate need of strengthening,

We also had Becchio from the Leeds faction, not that he got the chance to play with his compatriots.