Sign in to follow this  
Green and Yellow fellow

Derby bid for Lansbury

Callum Wilson is a nice player. Newcastle seem to have the same pulling power of a mid table PL side despite them being in the Championship, which is impressive but I''m also envious. I''d really like Norwich to come out and show they mean business early, unlike in the summer where were sold with "we have a top class recruitment agency doing the work for us" only to be left with the most disappointing window in a while.

I''m also really surprised to see Assombolonga not do as well as I thought he would be doing this season and he signed a new contract last summer. Is he still out of the question? Our midfield does need to freshen up, but like many are expecting, we have to sell before we can buy I imagine.

Yep, think there will be more goings than comings, and midfield is least needing money spending on it. Only Nelson scoring at the minute and Klose potentially moving at least one defender needed and a striker. imo.

we need midfielders with pace to get up and down quickly

the gap between midfield and strikers is one reason our strikers struggle on their own

also 2 x CB would be nice ( if klose goes )

but to be fair i would swap all the for a manager who could get the best out of the players

I never knew why we didn''t try and get Lansbury here after we had him on loan - he only had another season out on loan then was reportedly signed for about a million from Arsenal. That slip through to Holt against Ipswich was awesome!

According to the Nottingham Post, Villa are also interested in Lansbury. 

I''ve always thought he''d be a good player to sign permanently, but I guess the City connection is quite some time ago now.  He''s got the physical strength which eg Pritchard lacks.

Having said this, do we really need another attacking midfielder ?

And I''d echo the comment that I''d rather keep our existing squad unchanged and sign a new manager who''s got a reasonable chance of getting the players to play to their potential, rather than any number of new signings on the pitch.  Both would be best though.

Obviously the owners are sticking with AN though and it seems highly likely a new manager won''t arrive before the end of the transfer window.  You can see us getting into the final quarter of the season still outside the playoff places - would that be enough for them to sack AN ?  Which would all start to look uncomfortably reminiscent of the Hughton sacking.  At least with Adams, he was pushed out (sorry, left entirely voluntarily, with the offer of coming back in a different role nothing to do with his decision) in time for the new manager to turn things around for the season.

Also Assombalonga does seem to be perpetually out injured, whenever I look at the back of the Nottingham Post he seems to be out again. I guess the question is whether it''s a problem that can be sorted long term - it always seems to be a hamstring that''s being reported.

Thought Lansbury was terrific when at CR and would have no doubts about him coming back. I''m surpised he has stayed at Forest as long as he has, but if he is settled in the area he is and didn''t want to move far, then Derby would be a good move for him. 

[quote user="lake district canary"]Thought Lansbury was terrific when at CR and would have no doubts about him coming back. I''m surpised he has stayed at Forest as long as he has, but if he is settled in the area he is and didn''t want to move far, then Derby would be a good move for him. 

[/quote]

How much further forward than Derby than Forest though?

Both will be targeting promotion but may fall just short over the next few years. I''m guessing there are other clubs who could offer a better chance of Prem football which he must surely want

According to the local paper today in Nottingham, a deal by an American consortium to takeover Forest is close to completion, and they would have to sign off on any player sales.  It also says the existing owner has rejected a £2.5m initial bid for Lansbury.  But I think he''s out of contract soon so realistically there must be a level not too far above, that they can''t turn down.

With regards to our ''scouting'' system......We''ll probably end up bringing in Angela Lansbury......''Murder she wrote, Bed knobs and Broomsticks''......an'' all that.....