Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

Cameron McGeehan.

Gutted for him. I always try to see how he''s progressing at Luton and its a shame to see this - especially after having a good season so far.

Hope he has a speedy recovery.

Pompy fans, however, can do one. Shocking behaviour.

Prompt fans decided to sing about him going home in an ambulance during the incident. How classy.

McGeehan was also shown a yellow card by the referee while on the stretcher after pounding the floor in pain or frustration.

That''s what you call a class bit of refereeing - what a helmet

For balance, it''s worth noting that McGeehan was behaving quite poorly to the medics, spitting at fans and giving them wanker signs... he got booked in between some of those events before he made the stretcher. Yes he was getting abuse, but would appear the card was for his behaviour not the hitting the floor which would be daft.

Haven''t seen it so can''t comment properly, but context is everything. Booking a player for breaking their leg is ludicrous, booking them for dissent towards medical staff and fans, a bit more understandable...

If I was a young footballer who had only just gotten a foothold in the basement of English football I''d probably completely lose my rag as well if I''d just sustained a leg break while in such a precarious place in my career.

If the recovery doesn''t go well he might not be the same again, it''ll also take a hell of a lot of hard work to even get back to the level he was at, he''ll also miss about 8 months of development time.

I understand the reaction there tbh

The red would have followed him to hospital to show him the card

You''ve got to be a special type of t£&@ to be a referee I swear to god

I used to play football with a guy who went on to ref in the League, run the line in the Prem and often turn up as the 4th Official at Carrow Road - was a right annoying tw@ as a player and a ref! (BTW it wasn''t the great Darren Cann)

Was it Alex Notman who was booked on a stretcher while being carried off at Portman Road & barely kicked a ball in anger again?

Some refs just do not have any form of rational understanding - the amount of appealed red cards this week shows that

I first read about this shocking incident in the local (Hungarian) spots press - the fans'' and the referee''s mad response had obviously hit the threshold of sensation.

I wish the young lad quick recovery.

I think despite my point around Cams behaviour, the ref is still a full bellend for booking him in that situation.

Rogue Baboon

Was it Alex Notman who was booked on a stretcher while being carried off at Portman Road & barely kicked a ball in anger again?

Some refs just do not have any form of rational understanding - the amount of appealed red cards this week shows that

Yes it was, he got a nice insurance pay out, unfortunately liked a bit a gamble.