Sign in to follow this  
Rasputin was a C...

The Pink-un Message boards

[quote]Well, its pissing down with rain in London and I''m still on the board. So much for being a fair weather fan.[/quote]

Jesus Christ web team are you sure the word piss is allowed on these sacred massage boards. I say massage as all they are for is to massage Worthington''s over inflated ego

A haven for wordy claptrap from across the Atlantic. 

11 sentences in one paragraph is too many. (Friday wind-up!)

A haven for people whose days at work go quicker when they spend time on here.

Thankyou for pointing out my mistake. I''m sure that in the future I will not make such a huge error. Don''t want to insult the grammar police.

I used to like this forum. It was good for well reasoned and written debate but of late many seem to have taken on the "I''m a better fan than you" and that if you have a negative suggestion about the club then your a binner. Not the fact that those than want a change in the way the club is being managed is because they feel it will improve the performances and our poor run since the early part of last season. Why should someone who comes on here with a valid point be shot down by the Keep The Faith brigade purely because they see things differently. The Worthy In/Out double threads were fair enough. But to then have a thread that more or less discounted those that voted Out because they were slightly outweighed by the In votes is not a balanced debate. What chance have people got when their views are shot down by a group who claim that anything said against the club has surely got to be the work of a binner or an individual who has only started supporting the club from the promotion year. Please be sure to tell me if I''ve spelt anything incorrectly.

I think we can split ourselves into the following categories:

1. the Ostriches. Those that believe that nothing Worthy or anybody else associated with the club should be criticised and that it will all work out in the end. Sometimes called the KTF brigade.

2. the Vultures. Those that believe that nothing Worthy or anybody else associated with the club is ever right, that they should be sacked and nothing official should ever be believed.

3. the Owls. Those who think that sometimes the Ostriches might be right, and that sometimes the Vultures might be right, but that very little is clear cut and issues should be dealt with on their merits.

4. the Seagulls. Those that just like to criticise other board members for holding an opinion (whatever that might be) and generally just like to cause trouble without contributing much of a meaningful nature.

5. the Sparrows. Those who generally only read, do not like to post for fear of upsetting someone but sometimes pop out to express a quiet view, slightly apologetically, before retreating back to anonymous safety.

6. the Magpies. Those who support other clubs and just want to invade our space for the sadistic pleasure it affords them, are not wanted but too thick to realise that nobody will listen to them anyway.

So now the challenge is to work out who is what..........................!

[quote]A haven for proper Norwich fans who can actually type more than one sentence and hold a proper debate[/quote]

Shame there was only one sentence there DD

You are correct though. It''s the debate that makes coming here worthwhile - there''d be no fun if we all "massaged Worthington''s ego", as Rasputin suggests. My own opinion is that there''s too much negativity and bashing - maybe that means we''ve struck some sort of balance?

The only thing that pees me off, is when the name-calling starts between posters. Disagree with each other whenever you like, but don''t trade insults - or, worse, assume you know the inner workings of another''s mind. Read each other''s posts carefully and you may find that people surprise you - supposed Worthy-bashers DO praise sometimes and vice versa for the so-called ''apologists'' for the regime.

The best treatment for fair-weather-fan posters (and the blinkered insult-throwers) is to merely ignore their posts. Take a deep breath, glug some beer and move on to somebody else''s thoughts!

There are a number of thin skinned posters on here, if you can''t take the a bit of good natured (sometimes) criticism don''t post, its simple really.  Although for debate this board should be fun and some peoples fun is to jibe and see if they take the bait.  Unfortunately most do, please do not make adverse comments to this post, otherwise I''ll cry. 

[quote]There are a number of thin skinned posters on here, if you can''t take the a bit of good natured (sometimes) criticism don''t post, its simple really. Although for debate this board should be fun and s...[/quote]

Now THAT , I can believe ! .....

Once again the highlighted  quote facility  doesn`t`  work properly !  this time missing  the bit I was referring to , which was  :-

" any adverse comments , and I`ll cry "

[quote]I think we can split ourselves into the following categories: 1. the Ostriches. Those that believe that nothing Worthy or anybody else associated with the club should be criticised and that it will a...[/quote]

im an Owl

I agree with DD aswel

Ostriches having a grin on their faces tonight, carrion looking to be in short supply for the Vultures, but what do the Owls think of it? And will the Sparrows be tempted out by a third straight win next Saturday?

Can anyone truly be an owl if they self proclaim it?

After sats result, I am very happy with the progress we are making as the manager has found a wining formula;  but concerns remain about the depth of quality in midfield for us to go as far as I would like in this league.  

Disappointed with the ''we have kept the faith'' comment as its the last thing he has done - abandoning his prefered system and making wholesale changes to the defence to finding a winning team, hardly keeping faith with his players or systems is it...

Things are looking up with a good October we should be motoring 

OTBC

ah yes, the pink un message board, a constant delight for all norwich fans with the attention span beyond a three year old''s.  Don''t we just love it all, the football debates, the incredible wit of some on here, the incredible egos of others, but most of all it is the best simply because it sticks to one subject - norwich city football club

if you want to know someone''s fave film, the best bet for the 2.30 at kempton or what someone has had for lunch there are alternatives, if you want a board policed by the club, fine, if you want truly amateur but no less passionate fan led boards, they are all there, but come on now, the real reason we are all on here is it is the best

(commission to be sent to home address web team   lol)

A question to the web team which I thought I''d stick here rather than start another thread; Are you updating the surver?  In the last few days/weeks I''ve noticed more timeout errors, page not found screens etc.

The timeouts generally seem to be a message board problem - the current software has slowed after hitting a certain volume of messages. We are looking into a replacement.

Today we have had problems with one of our webservers not processing configuation settings correctly and passing its settings to the other webservers - effectively taking our websites down for a large part of the morning/lunchtime.

And the board even has philosophy hence this

"Why are we here" debate.

I don''t know about other web boards because this is the only one that I use.  Like many people, I read for a while before posting nd there is a sense of breaking into a private party.  That soon goes and there is a good standard of debate most of the time.

Noone has been really nasty to me so I can''t look at this Board as perhaps Wiz or Dicky might but I feel that there is a lack of respect for other''s views.  Just the title "Worthy Out boys are pathetic"  appalls me as would one headed "The Keep the Faith boys are benighted cretins".

Personally I am a doubter and line up with the reasoning sceptics such as Zipper and Gazza.  We are improving and that is good.  There is still far to go before this club will seem well managed and coached to me.

But hey, disagree with me.  Argue with me.  That''s fine.  Just respect the sincerity of my views and my commitment to the club as I respect yours.   Abuse has no place on this Board

UNITED IN OUR LOVE FOR CITY

[quote]The timeouts generally seem to be a message board problem - the current software has slowed after hitting a certain volume of messages. We are looking into a replacement. Today we have had problems w...[/quote]

Ta for that Vince.  I''ve also noticed that about half the time my comp opens Archant sites in low res internet explorer.  Is this a problem with my computer or is it a problem your end?

I''m not quite sure what you mean DD, but has this only happened in the past week or two?

Our stylesheet files (CSS) started dropping out after our people tinkered with compression settings to speed up page delivery times. It happened quite a lot last week; it seems to be happening only occasionally now (if at all).

Norfolk sites were all affected at various stages; other Archant sites too I expect.

[quote]I''m not quite sure what you mean DD, but has this only happened in the past week or two? Our stylesheet files (CSS) started dropping out after our people tinkered with compression settings to speed u...[/quote]

Yeah it''s only happened in the last couple of weeks.  I suppose I mean low graphics rather than low res.  Just wondering if it was my computer

[quote]Ta for that Vince. I''ve also noticed that about half the time my comp opens Archant sites in low res internet explorer. Is this a problem with my computer or is it a problem your end?[/quote]

I had that a couple of times last week DD. I thought they had changed the design! It''s been fine since Thursday though, but that''s the day my PC chap came and doubled the memory in my computer (might just be coincidence though).

[quote]I had that a couple of times last week DD. I thought they had changed the design! It''s been fine since Thursday though, but that''s the day my PC chap came and doubled the memory in my computer (might ...[/quote]

meeky, its the same on everyone''s computer, even the sad old dial up one i have to use at work (not for much longer, hurray!!)