Sign in to follow this  
Jim Smith

Neil's comments on Hoolahan

Please, please stop LDC.

No problem with your other posts and threads but repeatedly beating this "better fan" drum is boring as f*ck

A messenger that goes to no matches. You base your entire view on Norwich City on five minute clips off YouTube. There are a few long distancers on here but they post sensibly and not on matters they have no knowledge of. Still, it beats you killing off people that are still alive.

Oh Ray, Ray, Ray.......

How can you compare AN with Keane - a failed manager. AN has two promotions to the top league in two different countries not to mention the huge achievement of taking us through to winning the play off final.

So we got relegated from the premier league - so do most smaller clubs with low resources. So we struggled for a while this season, but things are looking brighter and in our last four home matches we have a goal count of 10 to 2 with 9 points out of 12.

AN may not be the best manager in the world but he is no Roy Keane type. Wash your mouth out at once!

Lakey knows this winds people up, yet does it all the more.

That, ladies and gentlemen, is the very definition of trolling.

LDC

Trouble is LC is that it''s not sh*t. There is no logic, common sense or good that will come from fans shouting "you don''t know what you''re doing" in the middle of a match where we are one goal down against a good team with everything to play for. People would rather be in denial or get personal with the messenger for speaking the truth than accepting it. So be it, but it doesn''t change it.

Where I struggle LDC is you are making sweeping statements that are inflammatory, and you level your views at everyone regardless, as I have said before you have no idea of how I behave at a match, or the people I see / spend time with at a match, and I find your comments insulting. You are not a messenger, you were not there, if people chose to boo then they felt that was right to do so at the time based on what was happening. That is their right, if they were being as offensive / insensitive as you have been on here (Numpties, Nonces references)the club would have barred them from the stadium I''m sure.

As an aside Colin, I spoke to someone recently who knows you and they said you are a decent guy, but cant understand why you post some of the stuff that you do? so if that is true where does this air of superiority come from, or just maybe it is trolling?.

Indeed Hoola, personally when I am away, and not able to attend matches, I will happily defer to the opinion of those who have actually been there.

Their opinion is infinitely more valid.

Yes morty I''m the same. I only comment on here and social media after matches I attend. There are often incidents and the general feeling that you pick up on actually being there, even compared to seeing the whole game on TV. I would certainly not criticise fans that have put time and effort into getting to the match either when I''ve just sat in my armchair.

Oh LDC x 3,

I didn''t compare them as managers overall, I compared their emotional/man-management skills and in fact called it a syndrome. I agree things are looking brighter but why? I venture there are other forces at play here. Hopefully one of them is that he is starting to accept (or at least listen to) varying points of view from people who have better man-management skills. If that is the case, he just maybe taking a sip or two from the fountain of knowledge and we will see him go on to great things.

Roy Keane has probably found his level, as an assistant, and at international level to boot, I''m not sure AN would walk into an assistant international manager''s job at the moment though.

I decline your offer of washing my mouth out but make a counter offer, put your reading specs on and make sure you get all the words in focus.

[quote user="morty"]Lakey knows this winds people up, yet does it all the more.

That, ladies and gentlemen, is the very definition of trolling.[/quote]

Morty is bang on. Why oh why people continue biting I will never know

Morty is spot on. LDC is nothing but an attention seeking troll!

Good grief. Grow up.  You just can''t take someone like me putting strong opinions across, can you?  I''m an outsider. Someone who doesn''t go to many games. How dare I criticise other fans.......well if you can''t take the crticism or at least argue back with some good footballing reasoning without resorting to troll accusations, then I''m sorry for you. My posts are valid - you may not like them, but they are valid.

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]LDC

Trouble is LC is that it''s not sh*t. There is no logic, common sense or good that will come from fans shouting "you don''t know what you''re doing" in the middle of a match where we are one goal down against a good team with everything to play for. People would rather be in denial or get personal with the messenger for speaking the truth than accepting it. So be it, but it doesn''t change it.

Where I struggle LDC is you are making sweeping statements that are inflammatory, and you level your views at everyone regardless, as I have said before you have no idea of how I behave at a match, or the people I see / spend time with at a match, and I find your comments insulting. You are not a messenger, you were not there, if people chose to boo then they felt that was right to do so at the time based on what was happening. That is their right, if they were being as offensive / insensitive as you have been on here (Numpties, Nonces references)the club would have barred them from the stadium I''m sure.

As an aside Colin, I spoke to someone recently who knows you and they said you are a decent guy, but cant understand why you post some of the stuff that you do? so if that is true where does this air of superiority come from, or just maybe it is trolling?.[/quote]

There is nothing wrong with being inflammatory if there is a point behind it, imo.  Take away the hysteria - and the fact that it is me saying it - and my point about fans is a valid one - and just let me say I don''t  target all fans - I am quite careful to say which fans I am talking about. In this case it was directed at those who chanted against the manager mid-match against Huddersfield (for which I watched and lisetend to the whole match) and then at Reading.   I explained the nonce business - to me and because I didn''t know it''s background, it was no more an offensive word than numpty - and surely people can''t get worked up too much about being called "numpties", for goodness sake?  I''ve since been put right on the meaning of the nonce word - you live and learn.  As for me being a decent bloke, I like to think so, but then the reason for me to be here isn''t to be popular, but to air my views about NCFC, the club I''ve supported and followed since the late sixties - and my views are quite often not popular.  A lot of my stuff is actually quite harmless, but gets picked on anyway by those that have an active interest in denegrating me for their own pleasure, but even the controversial stuff comes from a desire to see the club do well - and the latest thing about fans chanting mid-match is something I still feel strongly about and I still can''t understand why people can''t at least take the point that it might be beneficial not to chant stuff against the manager under those circumstances mid-match, regardless of how bad things are generally.

@Ray "Syndrome": (1) a group of symptoms which consistently occur together; (2) a characteristic combination of opinions, emotions or behaviourHow the Sunderland players are reported to have reacted to Keane''s departure, appears to bear little resemblance to how the Accies players reacted to Neil''s. For example:"Defender Mikey Devlin said: "Everybody is a bit flat and a bit

disappointed. He has been an inspirational figure for everybody at the

club and everybody had a great relationship with him. Everybody loved

him here. "So we are disappointed but at the same time thrilled for him because he deserves it."Everybody

is delighted for him that he has got an opportunity to go and manage at

a higher level. We all hope he goes on and shows how good he can be."

Indeed several of Neil''s players were reported to have been in tears when he said his farewells to them (see the tweet by Jake Humphreys for example). 

Hi Westcoast,

Always good to hear from you, however on this occasion you''ve lost me?

I know what syndrome means, I gave the combination of opinions, emotions and behaviours a name, to make a point that AN possibly exhibits similar opinions, emotions and behaviours to Roy Keane.

I bow to your superior knowledge of what the Accies players said, some of whom probably played alongside him and may have known him for 8 years, but they were Accies players, they were not Championship and Prem players, after all he did get Sunderland up via the play offs, a la someone else, and no doubt at that time the Sunderland players may have sung his praises, but not long later we have the Sunderland players saying what they did.

All that said, what is your point exactly?

I refer the right honourable gentleman to the answer I gave LDC earlier, I''m comparing opinions, emotions and behaviours not how liked he is, he doesn''t get paid to be liked, respected yes but liked no.

LittleDickCanary wrote:

My thoughts as regards supporting are unchanged since I started going to CR in the late sixties.

Things have changed in the sport since the 60''s Little 🙄

Not sure why you continue to troll the Ncfc forum ,, why don''t you " attention seek" on your home team forum ,, what would that be ?

Carlisle united maybe ?

[quote user="Morgan"]LDC you strike me as a kind of Richard Griffiths character - you''re not into AmDram are you??[/quote]No - and I''m nothing like a Richard Griffiths character, lol.   I may rub some people up the wrong way - but not in that way!

[B] Ray"From what I have seen, heard and read the one area

(there my be others of course) I feel that AN could improve is his

emotional skills. I’m not certain he really has any idea how is

actions, words, etc. impact on others. In this regard I believe he is a

lacking and knows only one way, in other words he treats everyone

exactly the same, which as far as I can gather is one hell of a lot of

stick and next to no carrot.
We are all different and all respond to

different stimuli in different ways."It seems to me that, however true it may be that "we are all different and respond to different stimuli in different ways", a man who knows no other way than "one hell of a lot of stick and next to no carrot" is unlikely to engender in the players of any club, at whatever level, the feelings towards him displayed by his Accies players. Such a man may be grudgingly respected by some and disliked by others, feared by some and despised by others, etc.; but I have never come across any such person described in the warm terms in which Devlin describes Neil, feelings he makes clear are shared by all at the club.

bringbackchippy wrote the following post at 06/01/2017 5:40 PM:

The reason Why Wes was dropped was because Alex Neil fell out with him the arrogant *. How many players has he upset! They want him gone also

Not disbelieving you Chippy but is this your opinion or do you have some inside info?

Westcoast,

All well and good but that was 3 years ago in a different league with different quality of players and managers played against and on this occasion I refer the Right Hon. Gentleman to bringbackhippy''s post which has a great deal of truth to it imo. There are (were) others I suspect.

Enjoy your evening which is fast approaching, I''m enjoying mine with that pint, or two, or three, or.... you posted.

[quote user="bringbackchippy"]The reason Why Wes was dropped was because Alex Neil fell out with him the arrogant twat. How many players has he upset! They want him gone also[/quote]Arrogant? Really?  AN is the manager, not Wes. And if Wes fell out with AN, then maybe it was a good thing, because he had gone off the boil and it was no surprise he was dropped for a while, regardless of any disagreements. Anyhow, the rest seems to have done him good judging by Monday''s match. Good management after all maybe??

Just a little point for you to ponder LDC-there were chants of "You don''t know what you''re doing'' at Reading away.

The next two games, a draw at Brentford, which we probably deserved to win, then a resounding victory against Derby.

I''d say that those chants had a positive impact, wouldn''t you?

LDC,

Imo, you are barking up the wrong tree here and I think bringbackchippy is on the mark. Our best CB pairing based on results, played 10, won 7, drawn 2 and lost 1, we''re both dropped. If this was because of disagreements, that''s one he''ll of a lot of disagreements for the manager to be involved in and there may have been more!! Still here''s hoping, as I said earlier, he has listened to those that want to help. And keeps it up.

Is AN ever going to get a break from you guys.

We have had a shocking run which thankfully has come to an end.

Why do you insist on crucifying him on nearly every thread ffs.

Did you enjoy the Derby game Ray?

Yes good.

Well give the manager some credit 😄

[quote user="STFU"]Just a little point for you to ponder LDC-there were chants of "You don''t know what you''re doing'' at Reading away.

The next two games, a draw at Brentford, which we probably deserved to win, then a resounding victory against Derby.

I''d say that those chants had a positive impact, wouldn''t you?[/quote]The two games those chants were at, were both lost.  That is the bottom line for me.  We might have lost them anyway, regardless of the chants, but I know in situations where there is negativity around, it makes it very difficult for performers to give their best - and in both games we were only one goal down against two form teams.

Mr J,

I have given him credit, credit for listening to those that want to help, I''ve also said if he keeps it up hopefully he will go onto great things, however perhaps he could of done that earlier.

Yep enjoyed it immensely, thank you for asking although I notice a rhetorical tone to your question.