Klose

Olsson

Tettey

Howson

Josh Murphy

Pritchard

Naismith

Jerome

Depends what approach we take, if we take a "the cup isn''t important let''s focus on the league" it''ll be something along the lines of;

McGovern

Martin Bennett Klose Olsson

Mulumbu Howson

Murphy Naismith Jarvis

Jerome

If it''s a "oh hey, we care about the cup, let''s win the game" team it might be;

Ruddy

Pinto Bennett Klose Olsson

Tettey Howson

Murphy Hoolahan Brady

Oliveira

I would have thought it''s less "do WE care about the cup", more "what is most likely to keep ME in a job". Even a good cup run won''t save AN if we don''t make the playoffs, I suspect that he will save our best players for the league.

Got the impression that he would give some ''game time'' to players that haven''t played much. Hope that means that Pritchard gets a start, would love to see Ben Gregory, Canos too. Would imagine that Ruddy won''t play

Watching a full strength Man City take the Hammers apart it seemed blindingly obvious to me that we put out the same team who beat Derby. Man City have not been in the greatest of form recently, but this big win must have restored some much needed confidence within the team. This must be exactly the approach we should take against what will probably be a weakened Southampton side. There is certainly no need to rest any players, particularly Oliviera who is on a roll. I don''t buy in to the fact someone might get injured. If it happens so be it. A repeat of the impressive Derby performance will do wonders for the team''s confidence. Surely Neill has the gumption to follow Pep''s lead. Don''t bet on it !!!

We aren''t going to trouble the playoff places this season so lets see how far we can go in the cup.

Few quid in the bank and a giant killing might tempt a potential new signing.

Wonder if toffolo features. Him and Maddison are back but I think Neil only ruled out Maddison.

We''re at home against a (most likely) understrength Southampton team and positivity & momentum is desperately needed. At the very least, a competitive & positive performance is required. A win would be a huge boost for the squad & manager. I''d like to see:

Ruddy

Pinto Martin Klose Olsson

Tettey Howson

Josh Murphy Naismith Wes

Jerome

With Brady, Mulumbu, Dorrans & Thompson all unavailable, things look a bit thin around the middle. Josh probably won''t start but we might see him, Jarvis and Lafferty on as attacking subs, assuming unenforced changes. Pritchard may come in for Wes. AN seems to have hinted that Oliveira will be rested; could be a mistake as where else will goals come from? It would probably be madness to consider dropping Wes & Oliveira, the two most likely to create something, but then it is a cup game.

Bennett, Pritchard, Jarvis, a Murphy, Lafferty/Nelson and McGovern to give options off the bench, and we pray that we don''t lose a central midfielder or need Whittaker!

My prediction : a 1-1 draw

I guessed 10/11, got the wrong Murphy!McGovern; Whittaker, Martin, Klose, Olsson; Tettey, Howson; Jo. Murphy, Naismith, Pritchard; Jerome.Subs: Jones (GK), Bennett, Godfrey, Ja. Murphy, Jarvis, Lafferty, Morris.Good to see Jarvis back at last, and great that Godfrey''s in the squad!