Sign in to follow this  
Peter

Hotel a major concern

Actually this isn''t, I feel the hotel on the Carrow Rd Site could be beneficial more to the club seeking alyernative revenue e.g. catering and conferences etc.

My concern is that with a 100/200 room hotel, where are the cars going to park for the guests, obviously in club car park during the week, but what happens on match days.  Are there any plans to extend parking facilities.

Will need additional parking for residents of Riverside Heights i.e. flats behind N&P stand.

Interested I would like to see plans for hotel development to see how they are going to cater for added 500 cars, parking is already  nightmare in the city.

Any answers/suggestions appreciated.  

There is going to be a multi storey car park built behind the back of the Jarrold stand on the existing car park area in the future,along with a new kids play area.It was shown on the plans for the redevelopment of the old south stand area.

Why not put another couple of thousand seats in the infill instead, and build the hotel somewhere else on the site

surely there is plently of demand for the extra seats

I don''t understand

[quote]Why not put another couple of thousand seats in the infill instead, and build the hotel somewhere else on the site surely there is plently of demand for the extra seats I don''t understand[/quote]

Seems to be mainly down to cost, what i can gather the jarold / river end infill cost somewhere in the region of 3.5 million. It also seem that putting a second tier on the city stand is more cost effective as the cost per seat is much more expensive for the infills.

The hotel deal scheme has genereated 1.1million by selling the land to a joint venture company (Landmark securities 70 percent holding and NCFC 30 percent).

The canaries will not get any direct revenue from the day to day profits from the hotel, but will benifit long term if the venue is successful via value of shares.

The hotel will be operated be kew green hotels which controls 19 hotels the work for the hotel has gone to RG carter again!

source EDP

[quote]Why not put another couple of thousand seats in the infill instead, and build the hotel somewhere else on the site surely there is plently of demand for the extra seats I don''t understand[/quote]

The demand for tickets isn''t there, there have been a number of games already this season where empty seats have been on show in the new infill and around the ground. If we ain''t doing well then we don''t sell out - simple as that

As someone else has already pointed out, segregation of opposing fans at that part of the ground would be a substantial problem.

[quote]The demand for tickets isn''t there, there have been a number of games already this season where empty seats have been on show in the new infill and around the ground. If we ain''t doing well then we do...[/quote]

if we don''t do well we don''t sell out, ummm, is that the case, i know several people who were on the season ticket waiting list who missed out and would love to go to a game, but as members are only entitled to five, i think, guaranteed games a season

if we built more seats that surely means more season ticket sales which is the sort of income the club needs

i know they sell tickets the away fans don''t want, if you have the opportunity to go to the box office in person, many don''t, but i think we could easily accommodate and sell a few thousand more seats, if they were sold as s tickets.  My partner was on the season ticket w list with his two kids, they didn''t get their tickets, so if he wants to go on a causal basis, with two children who he wants to bring up as city fans (ideally they have to watch a match for this to happen!) he has to pay full price in the south stand - getting three seats together has proved impossible for us so far, so i don''t blame him for sticking out for s tickets at £35 each for a whole season, do you

i have two tickets together for myself and my daughter, due to her working pattern she often can''t go, i can tell you i have no trouble at all in finding someone to accompany me to the games, it is a free for all for the pleasure!

we really need to look ahead and reward supporters, not a hotel chain, but that, of course, is a matter of subjective opinion

Riverside Heights has it''s own allocated parking spaces which are selef-contained.

The Block currently being built has a secured underground carpark with parking allocated as per Riverside Walk. As I understand it, there is no other parking available to the residents.

People keep saying about segregation, bit of a red herring in my view as it doesnt stop all the other clubs with all round seats in the new stadia! On the hotel itself Im fairly neutral as we have clear scope for increase elsewhere. HOWEVER IMO the hotel must be commensurate with the surroundings i.e. not stick out like a sore thumb! It would be good if the design was one of these modern concretes that can appear like metal (as per many continental stadiums with ''leisure'' facilities). Even better would be if the hotel wall could incorporate a scoreboard as well as rooms with views....