Sign in to follow this  
?

Highlights

Highlights here, sorry no clicky!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38474591

Their embedded videos don''t work on a tablet with the latest Chrome OS on, they''re still stuck on using flash player! Joke!!!

BBC are very cutting-edge tech wise, usually mobile-friendly and usually use HTML5, be very surprised if it''s Flash only. Perhaps the video is still being encoded into a mobile friendly format?

Up and running now on my Chrome. Ron Manager in totally clueless shocker ;-)

Just kidding bud

Message earlier said currently not working on this device try again later but it''s working now

Ian, am using Chrome on a Lenovo tablet, BBC''s embedded videos never play. They do play if the are retrieved from an outside player, such as iPlayer, as in this case, but the key thing for me is the embedded vids don''t!

Have you tried in the last few minutes? For me it initially wasn''t available, then a couple of minutes later it was, hence my comment about encoding. This is on latest Chrome and Android

Worked on my point phone!

Thanks Ron.

Great ball in from Whitts.

Delighted he scored his pen too but it''s a bit strange that nobody else, forward, attacking midfielder, fancied it?

I can see the highlights no problem. Its when I try to watch say a news report on their page and the video is embedded into the site that I can''t watch. The highlights use a different player which is external to the main site and I don''t have any problems with them! The embedded player the BBC use is Flash player, if I want to see something I open it in the Puffin browser and it will play.

Sorry Ron, I don''t think that''s the case. I am certain the embedded videos have an HTML5 player on the BBC site, which doesn''t use the external BBC Media Player, as I''ve just viewed the highlights (and numerous other embedded videos in the past) using Chrome on my Android phone, within the browser page.

Perhaps certain codecs aren''t available on your device? Alternatively, have you tried Chrome Canary from the Play Store? It''s built from the latest (unreleased / not fully tested) code. Might be worth a try.

Cheers Ian will give it a try, I did use Chrome beta for a while but it was the same. Perhaps, as you say, its my device.