Sign in to follow this  
king canary

Match Thread

Heavy rotation for us today

TEAM: McGovern; Whittaker, Martin (c), Klose, Olsson; Tettey, Howson; Jo. Murphy, Naismith, Pritchard; Jerome. #ncfc

SUBS: Jones (GK), Jarvis, Lafferty, Ja. Murphy, Bennett, Morris, Godfrey.

Makes sense but not making me regret not going I must say.

Redmond on the bench for Saints, Bertrand starting though.

Not sure if this a good thing or not given our recent form. Hope we play well though!

Grand Job so, Ron, kinda like the radio and sorting out my tackle at the same time. Fishing tackle that is, before some smutty minded individual makes a comment.

Stronger lineup than I was expecting but a good chance for a couple of fringe players to make their case for a first team league spot!

What''s the Southampton starting line up like? I only know a handful of their players so not sure if it''s strong or not?

It is a mix of first teamers and fringe players. Think if we''d have had another central midfielder fit we might have seen Howson rested.

Cheers KC 👍. Canos not even on the bench appears to be quite telling, a shame as I had high hopes for him here but I can''t help but feel there must have been some sort of fall out or something, I just can''t believe Alex would freeze him out entirely otherwise.

[quote user="Alex "]Cheers KC 👍. Canos not even on the bench appears to be quite telling, a shame as I had high hopes for him here but I can''t help but feel there must have been some sort of fall out or something, I just can''t believe Alex would freeze him out entirely otherwise.[/quote]Maybe he''s on the naughty step with Lafferty

Alex wrote:

Cheers KC 👍. Canos not even on the bench appears to be quite telling, a shame as I had high hopes for him here but I can''t help but feel there must have been some sort of fall out or something, I just can''t believe Alex would freeze him out entirely otherwise.

Maybe he''s on the naughty step with Lafferty

Hasn''t even got on the step.

Very odd. A young player really shouldn''t be falling out with the manager, he should be doing what he''s told to be honest.

[quote user="Alex "]Cheers KC 👍. Canos not even on the bench appears to be quite telling, a shame as I had high hopes for him here but I can''t help but feel there must have been some sort of fall out or something, I just can''t believe Alex would freeze him out entirely otherwise.[/quote]You get up to the game today Alex? Must hook up for a beer soon!

Canos is an odd one. Played well in the few cup games he''s been in but was poor pre-season when AN was trying to play him as a right winger instead of CAM. AN was constantly on at him, yelling at him etc., clearly didn''t play the way AN wanted or keep his positioning and I presume for that reason fell away from favour. To give him credit, Murphy has made that position his with some very good performances, goals and assists. Can''t really see how Canos would get into the side now behind so many others.