Sign in to follow this  
Bradwell canary

Neil's comments Jerome & Nelson

Stated the Nelson did not feature earlier in the season, as Jerome was in such good form! WHAT!

If that was so I must have been somewhere else other than CR for every home game.

How many did Jerome start, and how many goals did he get, someone out there will know.

Have to confess, can''t fault his work rate, but if you can hit a barn door, then that alone does not mean much.

Now all AN does is sing Nelson praises, try to take a bit of credit I think.

Earlier in the season we were top and Jerome was a big part of that, an inform Jerome in this division is as good as any other striker within the division. Whats wrong with his comments?

The OP seems to me to be typical of the current rash of criticism directed at AN based on recent interviews. In this case, Bradwell seizes on AN''s answer to a question about why Oliveira hadn''t featured more often earlier, as though AN was proferring a complete explanation, thus totally ignoring the many other occasions on which AN has spoken about other factors holding the player back from first team selection. The OP is so determined to see nothing in the answer except an opportunity to criticise Neil, that he can''t even give full credit to Jerome, who shouldered the burden of being the one up front match after match, or notice that a plaudit was rightly being handed out.

Didn''t Jerome have a better than 1 in 2 strike rate in the first dozen or so games of the season - whilst working tirelessly as a lone front man?

Pretty sure the OP is the type of character who would have criticised AN for changing a winning team had he done so, and brought in NO when we were top/near the top of the league.

He scored 6 goals in 11 games up to and including the Rotherham match. If AN had dropped CJ after that run he would have been crucified by every fan at the club! Not sure why you didn''t notice that Bradwell?

[quote user="VanWink"]He''s makes the bullets WC.[/quote]When people are intent on grabbing any offensive weapon they can find, anything to hand becomes a bullet -- even pearls of wisdom can be fired from a hot air gun.

I can understand that he wasn''t starting due to Jerome''s form, he played well at the start of the season. But what it does not explain is why he didn''t play Oliveira when Jerome was injured away to Birmingham, or why he was repeatedly behind Lafferty off the bench, who AN clearly doesn''t rate.

I understand the truth to be that Oliveira simply wasn''t match fit for a while as he had not been training with a side properly - but why not just say that instead of spilling out B/S. AN sounds more and more like a man who has no clue on handling pressure, do not lie to your supporters or you won''t win their support!

Jerome started the season well but lost his way, Nelson has hit form and deserves his place.

Lets not bash Neil simply for the sake of it..... dare I say it but he''s got it right striker wise

[quote user="can u sit down please"]I certainly wouldn''t say Jerome is as good as anyone in this division.[/quote]You would if he played for somebody else. [;)][:D]

[quote user="AJ"]I can understand that he wasn''t starting due to Jerome''s form, he played well at the start of the season. But what it does not explain is why he didn''t play Oliveira when Jerome was injured away to Birmingham, or why he was repeatedly behind Lafferty off the bench, who AN clearly doesn''t rate.

I understand the truth to be that Oliveira simply wasn''t match fit for a while as he had not been training with a side properly - but why not just say that instead of spilling out B/S. AN sounds more and more like a man who has no clue on handling pressure, do not lie to your supporters or you won''t win their support![/quote]As I pointed out in an earlier reply, Neil had explained why Nelson didn''t play earlier on numerous occasions before. Does the man have to repeat himself over and over again every time for the benefit of people who either have short memories or simply don''t pay attention to his interviews unless it suits their agenda?

[quote user="AJ"]....do not lie to your supporters or you won''t win their support![/quote]really ?I think it''s more a case of win games and they won''t give a sh  it what you sayps I don''t expect the manager to tell me the truth all the time, as above, I expect him,or better, want him to win gamesthat''s all

''''Jerome is past his sell by date as our first striker. ''''...Felixfan

Maybe so, but he''ll still have a bearing on our season, i doubt that we''ve seen the last of Cam. If we''re ahead and Nelson needs a rest then he is the obvious choice to give opposition a different problem.

And that is ignoring the fact that Nelson may get injured or lose form , in which case, unless we get someone in, he WILL be our first choice striker.

Wow, has it really just taken ten or fifteen games for Jerome to go from hero to zero?