Sign in to follow this  
Duncan Edwards

ACN Review of Southampton

http://www.alongcomenorwich.com/articles/norwich-2-2-southampton-the-acn-review

If someone could make the link clickable I''d appreciate it. Feel free to get stuck in too, I''m sure lots will disagree.👍

Off topic, how''s the weather in new Jersey?

Minus 3 here in Alabama right now, not liking it!

[quote user="morty"]Off topic, how''s the weather in new Jersey?

Minus 3 here in Alabama right now, not liking it![/quote]

Can''t you go and find someone who''s got a burning cross in their front garden and huddle round that?

[quote user="Duncan Edwards"]http://www.alongcomenorwich.com/articles/norwich-2-2-southampton-the-acn-review

If someone could make the link clickable I''d appreciate it. Feel free to get stuck in too, I''m sure lots will disagree.👍[/quote]you need to get some old codger to show you how these linky things are doneperhaps someone who is multi skilled might be able to help

There can''t be that manythe term is almost an oxymoronmaybe there''s someone you might know

[quote user="nutty nigel"]http://www.alongcomenorwich.com/articles/norwich-2-2-southampton-the-acn-review[/quote]A few thoughtsWhat a difference with us getting the last goal in the dying seconds. Seems as good as a win. Had it have been the other way round this forum would have been choked with the usual suspects whinging about City throwing it away again.All credit to Whittaker for having the bottle to step up for the penalty. A lot was hanging on it, including his reputation among certain fans.Jerome hustled in the same way as he did in the play off final and Murphy did a few months back. Good to seeAs to ticket price the farm hands down the road were charging a tenner (I think) and achieved around a thousand or two more home fans - either way the club earned more. And yes I would have preferred a lower price, but it''s done know so roll on Weds 18th

Good summary Duncan.Glad you commented on the ticket price fiasco. Ipswich''s top price was £10 and they managed only around 11,000 home supporters but to be fair their supporters lost the will to live some while back. Sincil Bank holds just over 10,000, the replay''s all-ticket but even they''re only charging £10 with concessions at a fiver. £25 for our game was taking the p*ss and I''m surprised there were as many as 12,500-ish there. If they want a decent crowd/atmosphere in future maybe Moxey & Co will be more sensible next time ?

I think seeing vast swathes of the lower Barclay vacant and the Snake Pit almost totally empty will have struck a chord.

Whether Jez takes any notice remains to be seen. Preston were £24 and got 22,000 for Arsenal. The 12,500 £25 (ignoring concessions) is also £300k+. 25,000 at £10 etc.

Like I said, I think the wide open spaces will have sent a message, the balance between footfall and revenue clearly wasn''t found. However, there are plenty that wouldn''t have gone if it was £5 a ticket too.

We''re generally worse in the cup than we are in the league and given that our league form has been horrific, it''s not that attractive a proposition ESPECIALLY at £25.

That said, it was a decent game and those that sent enjoyed it but I understand the reasons why people didn''t; if we win the replay and get a home draw I guess we''ll find out what, if any, lessons have been learned?

I know its a lot of ''ifs'' but if we do progress and get a home draw I hope those who parted with a pony will get first refusal for the good seats.

Most certainly not Winky. It would have been most mulish to cut off their nose to spite their head. I was in the best seat I''m likely to sit for a 1st team match this season. Could sit with the family too. Had a great view of a decent game and saw all the goals. Prob worth the extra fiver.