Sign in to follow this  
rock bus

'Could' Klose injury work in our favour

My initial reaction when hearing Klose was injured was that was a real negative from yesterday''s game. Especially given it appeared that Alex had finally realised it doesn''t make sense to leave your best defender out of the team.

However, IF he is only out for couple weeks it just might work in our favour. Presumably it might impact his marketability in the January transfer window. Will clubs want to invest substantial money on an injured player? Even though everyone knows it isn''t serious, the January fees can be so mad tha it may just put teams off.

Keeping Klose, and playing him!, could be the factor which gets us to the play offs and achieving promotion.

Sincerely hope he stays on at Norwich.  If we are to get promoted we need him imo - the stability we had against Derby was mainly due to him nd Martin and their good distribution from defence.

[quote user="im spartacus"]Seeing as we never sign anyone ready for the first team for about 3 months (if at all) i assume it wouldn''t bother a prospective buyer if he wasn''t ready for 2 weeks ☺[/quote]a

That''s clearly because it must be virtually impossible for any player to immediately understand our sophisticated style of play and of course be well below our expected levels of fitness!

"Sincerely hope he stays on at Norwich.  If we are to get promoted we

need him imo - the stability we had against Derby was mainly due to him

nd Martin and their good distribution from defence."You''re definitely on a wind up here. Martin had a decent game defensively against Derby, but his distrubution out of defence was probably the only negative to come out of that game. I''m Norfolk born and bred and even I didn''t have enough fingers and toes to count how many misplaced passes Martin was guilty of.

looks like the injury wasn''t too bad, and we could get by without him against Rotherhamso it''s looking good

canarydan23,

Look at the stats, RM consistently plays more passes with a higher accuracy % and more long balls with a higher accuracy % than an other of our CB''s.

Does he numerically misplace more passes, well I guess that is a possibility due to the number of passes he makes. I wonder though why all of our defence use him as the go to guy, because they have no idea what they are talking about and his distribution is carp!

And, it''s not just about the better distribution, it''s all that it begats, and this often goes unappreciated.

In relation to Rays post about RM, here are the passing stats of our CBs for the Championship this season (from whoscored).

Passing accuracy (total passes):

Klose: (778) 77.6%

Bennett: (756) 75.1%

Martin: (758) 72.4%

Martin does make 1.6 more passes on average a game than Klose, which is about a 3% increase.

Then in terms of long ball passes (accurate/inaccurate):

Klose: (71/83) 46.1%

Martin: (84/106) 44.2%

Bennett: (53/97) 35.3%

Legend Iwan,

Your stats are slightly skewed I believe as these stats include a number of games when RM played right back or left back, I''m referring to CB If you look at the Brentford fixture and the Derby fixture I believe you get a better picture, accepting this is a small sample.

A vaid point, Ray, and huge oversight on my behalf. New version...

Passing accuracy (total short passes):

Klose: (624) 85.4%

Bennett: (567) 85.4%

Martin: (363) 82%

Bassong: (229) 80%

Then long ball passes (accurate/inaccurate):

Martin: (66/62) 52%

Bennett: (50/92) 35.2%

Bassong: (15/33) 31.3%

Overall:

Klose: 78%

Bennett: 75.3%

Martin: 74%

Bassong: 71.1%

Legend Iwan,

I''m assuming you''ve taken out the full back stats? Now how about this, given RM plays a higher percentage of long balls, circa 34% as opposed to circa 20-25%, for the others, which is 40-50% more of the passes he makes are longer balls, and by definition almost, they are likely to be less accurate, the overall figure is probably in keeping.

The most interesting thing to come out of this is that RM''s passing is equal to or better than the others depending on which way you''re coming at it, not awful as some assert, the second most interesting point is the superiority of Klose and RM over the other pairing, especially the long balls and accuracy

When discussing the merits of our four main CB''s, Klose Bennet, Martin and Bassong, I find it strange that distribution becomes almost the sole attribute upon which many judge the four. To me it seems to be the way by which many state the case for Martin over Bennet. Surely the gifting of goals to the opposition is less desirable than see a ball cleared from danger into row Z.

Yesterdays second goal conceded typified the way in which people look the other way whenever RM fouls up. The headlines pointed the finger at Klose, indeed, AN publicly accused him of naivety. Fact is, RM had one player to mark and stood rooted next to him as he rose unchallenged to head home. Klose off the pitch not relevant but no mention of Martin, the real culprit.

[quote user="Legend Iwan"]A vaid point, Ray, and huge oversight on my behalf. New version...

Passing accuracy (total short passes):

Klose: (624) 85.4%

Bennett: (567) 85.4%

Martin: (363) 82%

Bassong: (229) 80%

Then long ball passes (accurate/inaccurate):

Martin: (66/62) 52%

Bennett: (50/92) 35.2%

Bassong: (15/33) 31.3%

Overall:

Klose: 78%

Bennett: 75.3%

Martin: 74%

Bassong: 71.1%[/quote]what a load of meaningless shite

[quote user="lake district canary"]Sincerely hope he stays on at Norwich.  If we are to get promoted we need him imo - the stability we had against Derby was mainly due to him nd Martin and their good distribution from defence.

[/quote]

Such a shame Martin can''t defend his attempt to challenge Yoshikawa for second goal yesterday was pathetic we need better

Any players sold will be used to pay the up coming debt short fall next season if we do not go up which was 11 million ?? down on this year

so if we sell klose or /and brady that money will be taken out first then any remaining will be used for transfers

so do not expect 2 great CB''S !!

[quote user="norfolkngood"]Any players sold will be used to pay the up coming debt short fall next season if we do not go up which was 11 million ?? down on this year

so if we sell klose or /and brady that money will be taken out first then any remaining will be used for transfers

so do not expect 2 great CB''S !![/quote]absolute bollo x ! !what is a debt shortfall ?where did you get the figure of £11m ?do you know how transfer fees are actually paid ?noyou know fark all and are just making up sh ite

Michael Bailey

@michaeljbailey

Steve Stone confirms £42m is this season''s parachute payment; next season will be "just north of £30m". After that, £0m. #ncfc #AGM

sorry i was talking sh ite the drop in income will be 12 million not 11 million xx