Sign in to follow this  
Duncan Edwards

West Ham in for Snoddy

So who told you that ?West Ham, Hull, Snodgrass or maybe his agent ?

Yeah but West Ham will know that Hull have an asking price, why not just offer that and get their man?

It''s embarrassing for them to be putting in these derisory offers. Hammers a joke.

[quote user="Duncan Edwards"]Yeah but West Ham will know that Hull have an asking price, why not just offer that and get their man?

It''s embarrassing for them to be putting in these derisory offers. Hammers a joke.[/quote]

I remember another club going up in £50 increments when they bought Brady from hull

They play a real game with their fans, been doing the same with Defoe, why not go in with a sensible offer and at least get discussions going rather than insult the club that doesn''t really want to sell anyway?

bid low unsettle the player he then might force the club to sell cheaper by saying he wants to go

no club like a player / agent being a pain

but i do agree if hull wanted say 5 Mill as last year on contract they should just pay as he would still be cheap

[quote user="Duncan Edwards"]Yeah but West Ham will know that Hull have an asking price, why not just offer that and get their man?

It''s embarrassing for them to be putting in these derisory offers. Hammers a joke.[/quote]But you don''t really know what has been offered, or in fact if anything has been offered.The only thing you do know is it is from Sky sources, that''s all - which are usually about as reliable as Ken Dodd''s tax returns.

Unsettling Hull and Sunderlands stand out players, maybe a plan formulating here, whats the betting they put in a bid for Swansea''s Sigurdsson next?

Didn''t we sell him for £8m when he had 12 months remaining on his contract & I would say his stock his higher now. Heard a rumour the other day about Newcastle wanting him, probably be better going there. Big club, prem football next year, good manager, higher wages.

[quote user="Dan Dare"][quote user="Duncan Edwards"]Yeah but West Ham will know that Hull have an asking price, why not just offer that and get their man?

It''s embarrassing for them to be putting in these derisory offers. Hammers a joke.[/quote]But you don''t really know what has been offered, or in fact if anything has been offered.The only thing you do know is it is from Sky sources, that''s all - which are usually about as reliable as Ken Dodd''s tax returns.[/quote]

Oh yeah! Thanks for pointing that out, I''d taken it as gospel.🙄

[quote user="Dan Dare"][quote user="Duncan Edwards"]Yeah but West Ham will know that Hull have an asking price, why not just offer that and get their man?

It''s embarrassing for them to be putting in these derisory offers. Hammers a joke.[/quote]But you don''t really know what has been offered, or in fact if anything has been offered.The only thing you do know is it is from Sky sources, that''s all - which are usually about as reliable as Ken Dodd''s tax returns.[/quote]

Sir Ken Dodd

Let''s be honest, it might be 3 million up front but it certainly wouldn''t be 3 million in total. Mind you, after tonight''s performance they probably need to buy a new XI...

Why would they even want him? If they read this they would withdraw their offer...........[quote user="lake district canary"]The more I found out about him, the

less I wanted him at the club.  He did really well at first for Leeds,

which was when we were first in for him, but the more he was allowed to

dominate, the worse Leeds got. He was made captain - and he continued to

do well but their team did not.  In the first season at Norwich he did

well, but as soon as Holty left, he stepped up and dominated, even

though he wasn''t captain - and  things went sour - the penalty, the spat

with the fans, the holding on to the ball way too long, falling over

etc etc.  He is a player that likes to dominate - that much

should surely be obvious to everyone - but at a lesser club where he can

become the main man, then that is not a good thing for that club -

imo.  Hull may be different, but just look at the goal scorers there. 

He is the only forward player scoring a meaningful amount of goals there

- and they are not scoring anywhere near enough goals.  Is that

co-incidence - Leeds, Norwich, Hull.  At a top club, he may not

be in that position and can just fit in like he did the first season at

Norwich, without being allowed dominate, but even for Scotland he has

come out in public and put himself  up to be captain for them.  How many

players do that??  Imo, he needs to be managed in a way that gets the

best out of him AND the team.  Hughton couldn''t do it. Phelan doesn''t

seem to be able to get his team to do it, because Snodgrass is doing

well, but his team aren''t.  We''ve been there.[/quote]£3m?  Bite their hans off Hull. [:S]

[quote user="lappinitup"]Why would they even want him? If they read this they would withdraw their offer...........[quote user="lake district canary"]The more I found out about him, the

less I wanted him at the club.  He did really well at first for Leeds,

which was when we were first in for him, but the more he was allowed to

dominate, the worse Leeds got. He was made captain - and he continued to

do well but their team did not.  In the first season at Norwich he did

well, but as soon as Holty left, he stepped up and dominated, even

though he wasn''t captain - and  things went sour - the penalty, the spat

with the fans, the holding on to the ball way too long, falling over

etc etc.  He is a player that likes to dominate - that much

should surely be obvious to everyone - but at a lesser club where he can

become the main man, then that is not a good thing for that club -

imo.  Hull may be different, but just look at the goal scorers there. 

He is the only forward player scoring a meaningful amount of goals there

- and they are not scoring anywhere near enough goals.  Is that

co-incidence - Leeds, Norwich, Hull.  At a top club, he may not

be in that position and can just fit in like he did the first season at

Norwich, without being allowed dominate, but even for Scotland he has

come out in public and put himself  up to be captain for them.  How many

players do that??  Imo, he needs to be managed in a way that gets the

best out of him AND the team.  Hughton couldn''t do it. Phelan doesn''t

seem to be able to get his team to do it, because Snodgrass is doing

well, but his team aren''t.  We''ve been there.[/quote]£3m?  Bite their hans off Hull. [:S][/quote]
I agree, Lapp, and imagine how much West Ham would have offered if Lakey had said he was dead. [:D]

I guess there aren''t enough hours in the day to respond to people mocking your stupid trolling.

Apart from when it''s me that does it.

[quote user="Mello Yello"]Wolf who?[/quote]You know, our record signing who was utterly misused, constantly shipped out on loan and is now happily scoring at a 1 in 2 level back home in Holland...

I was listening to the commentary of the Spurs game and one of them said "The problem about getting players from the Dutch Leagues is goals are alot easier to come by...you don''t know if you''re getting a Van Wolfswinkel or a Van Nistelrooy"

[quote user="hogesar"]I was listening to the commentary of the Spurs game and one of them said "The problem about getting players from the Dutch Leagues is goals are alot easier to come by...you don''t know if you''re getting a Van Wolfswinkel or a Van Nistelrooy"[/quote]
In our case you can usually be certain we are getting The Lady In The Van. I''d also have more faith in Maggie Smith to put on a great performance.