Sign in to follow this  
Bill

Peter Sarstedt RIP

What about one more frozen orange juice ?I put him up as I used to know his bother Billywho could be a bit of an idiot at times

I think he might have been, but he never let on who his father was.... despite being asked many timesEven their older brother asked hereI do know that Glen Campbell was a linesman at one point

Eden Kane was Peter Sarstedt''s older brother - fact

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Was he a ref?[/quote]No, but he was a friend of Sasha Distel

[quote user="Dan Dare"]I think he might have been, but he never let on who his father was.... despite being asked many timesEven their older brother asked hereI do know that Glen Campbell was a linesman at one point

Eden Kane was Peter Sarstedt''s older brother - fact[/quote]Yeah but that was in the Wichita County League.

odd league that you had to be a nine stone cowboy to play with them

[quote user="Dan Dare"]odd league that you had to be a nine stone cowboy to play with them[/quote]Do you think the Wichita Linesman is still running the line?

[quote user="Dan Dare"]I think he might have been, but he never let on who his father was.... despite being asked many timesEven their older brother asked hereI do know that Glen Campbell was a linesman at one point

Eden Kane was Peter Sarstedt''s older brother - fact[/quote]

Was Eden Kane Harry''s dad?

Load of Squit

The village idiot

Have some respect the man is dead

The family does not need you inbred warped sense of humour

[quote user="daly"]Load of Squit

The village idiot

Have some respect the man is dead

The family does not need you inbred warped sense of humour[/quote]

WTF are you on about?Have you read all of the thread?

What are the odds of his family reading this forum Daly?

Nice touch getting offended on their behalf though.

[quote user="Dan Dare"]What about one more frozen orange juice ?I put him up as I used to know his bother Billywho could be a bit of an idiot at times[/quote]

Is that the miner''s son who becomes a ballet dancer Billy Idiot?

[quote user="keelansgrandad"][quote user="Dan Dare"]What about one more frozen orange juice ?I put him up as I used to know his bother Billywho could be a bit of an idiot at times[/quote]

Is that the miner''s son who becomes a ballet dancer Billy Idiot?[/quote]corrections and errorsNo, Billy Sarstedt was one of the lesser known friends of Dr SpoonerEden Kane was not Harry Kane''s father, his father was the well loved boxer Sugar (Ray) KaneIs that the miner''s son who becomes a ballet dancer Billy Idiot? no, but you are NearenuvDanny Wellbeck''s father (Stan) was a bomb disposal expert in the British ArmyGlenn Campbell is still on the line, though he does have an assistant nowadaysDaly is, as always, a tedious little turdand who had this hit

[quote user="ron obvious"]''Great lyrics'' is stretching it a bit.

I thought he wrote them just for fun

for a laugh

a-ha-ha-ha[/quote]shut upyou talk like Marlene Dietrich

Dan Dare today who knows what tomorrow

This man suffers from either Bipolar or Schizophrenia

I bet you live in a fancy apartment!

-----------------------------------

Ai certainly do not.

It''s a modest artisan''s bijou residence, certainly nowhere near those dreadful European places like Boulevard of St. Michel or Juan-les-Pins. Full of demn foreigners they are. Disgusting.

Although i''m rather partial to a topless swimsuit (if carefully designed ...)

The original  full version had two extra verses:You go to the embassy partiesWhere you talk in Russian and GreekAnd the young men who move in your circlesThey hang on every word you speak, yes they do.You''re in between twenty and thirtyThat''s a very desirable ageYour body is firm and invitingBut you live on a glittering stage, yes you do, yes you do.They were probably left out because of length, but  the decision could justifiably have been on the basis of taste. Better that the second extra verse, in particular, with its hilarious non sequitur, got cut. Not that all other lyrics from the sixties were models of logical precision. But that was a price one paid for it being the greatest decade in the history - then, now and onward - of popular music.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]The original  full version had two extra verses:You go to the embassy partiesWhere you talk in Russian and GreekAnd the young men who move in your circlesThey hang on every word you speak, yes they do.You''re in between twenty and thirtyThat''s a very desirable ageYour body is firm and invitingBut you live on a glittering stage, yes you do, yes you do.They were probably left out because of length, but  the decision could justifiably have been on the basis of taste. Better that the second extra verse, in particular, with its hilarious non sequitur, got cut. Not that all other lyrics from the sixties were models of logical precision. But that was a price one paid for it being the greatest decade in the history - then, now and onward - of popular music.[/quote]

You ar3e correct, the verses were edited out because of the "risque" lyrics.

J''Taime was another banned from airply becasue of the heavy breathing.

Thing is, in Britain in the 60''s, men were under no obligation to bring a woman to orgasm, I believe the law was passed making it compulsory during the Thatcher years, so the lyrics are totally inaccurate.

[quote user="Dan Dare"][quote user="keelansgrandad"][quote user="Dan Dare"]What about one more frozen orange juice ?I put him up as I used to know his bother Billywho could be a bit of an idiot at times[/quote]

Is that the miner''s son who becomes a ballet dancer Billy Idiot?[/quote]corrections and errorsNo, Billy Sarstedt was one of the lesser known friends of Dr SpoonerEden Kane was not Harry Kane''s father, his father was the well loved boxer Sugar (Ray) KaneIs that the miner''s son who becomes a ballet dancer Billy Idiot? no, but you are NearenuvDanny Wellbeck''s father (Stan) was a bomb disposal expert in the British ArmyGlenn Campbell is still on the line, though he does have an assistant nowadaysDaly is, as always, a tedious little turdand who had this hit[/quote]

Thank goodness I was living elsewhere when this record came out. Robbing B''stard wasn''t it.

[quote user="ron obvious"]I bet you live in a fancy apartment!

-----------------------------------

Ai certainly do not.

It''s a modest artisan''s bijou residence, certainly nowhere near those dreadful European places like Boulevard of St. Michel or Juan-les-Pins. Full of demn foreigners they are. Disgusting.

Although i''m rather partial to a topless swimsuit (if carefully designed ...)[/quote]

You get an even suntan on your crack and on your tw+t!