Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

Replay Ticket Prices.

The most expensive tickets for Plymouth fans at Liverpool yesterday were £15 and for adult home fans ranged between £9 - £22...attendance, >52,000.

Apples

In fairness to Lakey there are a lot of fans (including many on here I wold suggest) who only go to home games and they have generally been spared the lowest of our ebbs this season so such fans are, in my view, a little sheltered from how bad a few of our performances have been. The same was true in the Hughton era and I think it bought him more time because our home record was respectable enough that the crowd took a long time to fully turn.

I also don''t think £25 is THAT outrageous a ticket price or the main reason why the crowd was so small although compared to other ties it obviously was quite high. It was too high in the circumstances but by modern day standards £25 for a match ticket is not exhorbitant. I think the main reason people didn''t go was due to disillusionment with the club/board. I just didn''t want to go to this match and I didn''t want to give them any more of my money right now. Most of us have season tickets so missing league games is futile. This was therefore the first opportunity to "stay away." Had I wanted to go to the game I would have paid the £25 but I didn;t, in part to try and (in a very small way) make the point to the board that they should take their supporters for granted. The other factor at play here is our dreadful attitude to cup competitions in recent years and the fact that many will have suspected two reserve teams would take to the field.

When they announced the prices for the game, we were in the depths of the poor run, having just halted 5 straight defeats with the 5-0 win over Brentford:

http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun-forums/cs/forums/3451197/ShowPost.aspx

The club had the opportunity to thank fans for their patience during a very poor run and to introduce some new fans to the first team matchday experience. Coupled with it being a ''paid-for'' home game just after Christmas, a more sensible pricing approach would have brought over 20k in. 12,500 at £25 versus 25,000 at £15-£20.

Looked even worse after the interview with Delia, where she bemoans the way fans are treated.

I think you are being extremely optimistic to think that 25,000 would have turned up for £15, never mind £20

that is taking the peeRotherham - 150 mile - £19Southampton 200 mile - £33pro rata for the extra 33% it should be around £25yep I know there are other factors, diving after midnight, but that cannot justify the huge increasethe club turns over millions, it will not be down financially on this game it should not be setting this level of chargea very, very short sighted move

[quote user="morty"]And just to pi$$ us off a bit more, club cabbage has been priced at £33![/quote]And there was Moxey at the recent Focus Group i attended saying that the club wanted to engage and listen to the fans more,have better lines of communication and encourage youngsters back.....yeah righto,whatever.

morty wrote:

And just to pi$$ us off a bit more, club cabbage has been priced at £33!

Til1010

And there was Moxey at the recent Focus Group i attended saying that the club wanted to engage and listen to the fans more,have better lines of communication and encourage youngsters back.....yeah righto,whatever.

Well don''t forget you get £1 off if a season ticket holder, that''s why I drive to more and more away games, when 4 of us going pricing is ridiculous. Soton will probably cost me £60 in fuel, if I go, haven''t decided yet, depends on work.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="morty"]And just to pi$$ us off a bit more, club cabbage has been priced at £33![/quote]And there was Moxey at the recent Focus Group i attended saying that the club wanted to engage and listen to the fans more,have better lines of communication and encourage youngsters back.....yeah righto,whatever.[/quote]I think what happens at times is that those setting these prices are not in touch with the wages/income many fans are on.This game will mean either a loss of a day''s wage or trying to swap shifts£45 (total) is a huge chunk out of some fans disposable income - and it hits those who for whatever reason do not have a carI hope this price hasn''t been set of the basis of the admission price being lowa protest via the press is needed

£33 is high. Is it set by the club or the coach company? How much do the club make per coach?

It is far, far too high though.

[quote user="hogesar"]£33 is high. Is it set by the club or the coach company? How much do the club make per coach?

It is far, far too high though.[/quote]certainly the coach hire company will have their price, the question is have the claub added their bit to it ?given the amounts being bandied about for Brady this does not sit wellthose hardy souls heading to S''oton should not be ''penalised''if anything a ''helping hand'' would not go amiss in this instance

I was considering going, but having second thoughts now.

Genuinely thought the club may even pull out a free travel offer on this one.

I don''t get the chance to go to many home games but I did have the opportunity for this one. I do love the FA Cup third round- maybe too many rose tinted glasses and memories of frozen pitches, orange balls and upsets coming through on the radio.

But this time frankly I couldn''t be ar**ed. Facing a 3 hour journey up to Norwich and seeing how we are playing for the first time for a long time I could not be bothered. Disloyal I know. For me it wasn''t so much the price as with a tank of petrol, food etc it is a big spend anyway, but the fun has just sort of gone out of it for the moment.

I didn''t think they''d do a freebie but with Southampton''s cheap ticket price I thought they might do a subsidised £10 travel which I think would have got a good reception and the club likely wouldn''t have lost out with the amount of people that would then go.

To be fair it is the same price they charged for the league game travel last season. Whether or not its a fair price though I have no idea. It seems a lot.

After missing this weekends game thanks to a staffing shortage, I am now going to St Mary''s for the replay, which for a number of reasons I feel confident that it''s a game we can progress from too. It''s been some years since I''ve seen us win at Southampton though, so am due one!. Feel for the loyal folks on here that are facing a £33 charge, but if it''s any consolation then you will hate what I''ve spent on travel alone up to Norfolk and London to see us generally lose of late! Not fun!. Hopefully the club will see sense and bring the CC price down for you all, it does seem a bit much but I guess with the ticket costing little more than a tenner then it sort of balances out 🙂

Coach capacity: 56

56 x 33 = £1,848 per coach for Southampton

56 x 21 = £1,176 per coach for Brighton

diff = £672.

Assume the driver is paid £12 / hour for brighton (normal hours) and double time for soton (more likely time and a half)

12 x 12 = £144

12 x 24 = £288

diff = £144.

Increase after labour = £528.00.

I see no reason why the cost should increase by this amount. whether this is down to the club or the coach supplier isn''t clear , but either way the fans are being ripped off.

Unless of cause the fuel is on double time too.........

[quote user="morty"]I was considering going, but having second thoughts now.

Genuinely thought the club may even pull out a free travel offer on this one.[/quote]I agree Morty but perhaps hogesar is being more realistic in saying that £10 or so would be a good gesture.If Delia really cares about the fans it''s the least they could have done. Anyone travelling down to Southampton for a freezing January evening match deserves a medal.

I think they were very brave to ask for £25 just a couple of weeks after Christmas to be honest, it''s not like it''s the main time of year for folk to be tightening the purse strings or anything.