Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

Replay Ticket Prices.

Southampton just announced .........£12 Adults                                                        £10 Concessions                                                       £5 Under 18''s.I wonder what Mr Moxey reckons to that.

Bit on the cheap side to be honest but certainly a much more fans friendly approach and probably a better strategy financially.

Wonder what the odds of this being on TV are? I reckon the Binners v Lincoln is pretty nailed on but not sure which of the other replays will be of interest.

Any news on season ticket prices, expecting an increase if these ticket prices are anything to go by.

For Southampton, it''s a match against a lower league team, plus it''s s midweek replay. So unsurprising they price it lower.

Probably about right for a 3rd round replay.

Ours should never have been more than £20. Even that''s pushing it.

Question - would we have doubled the gate is we had halved the prices? Would income have held up?

Kids for a quid don''t buy hot dogs and cokes, they tend to bring their own food and have a day out on a budget.

Fact is it wasn''t Arsenal, and it wasn''t Lincoln , so the gate was always going to be tight. Southampton end was full of unsold seats too.

More people in , paying a tenner, need more staff and higher cost.

I think the Club got it wrong today (and so do the Club) , but filling more seats at under cost price is not sensible either.

Get the kids in for a quid and you are building your fanbase.

They''ll be wanting replica shirts for Christmas.

VanWink wrote the following post at 07/01/2017 10:50 PM:

Get the kids in for a quid and you are building your fanbase.

They''ll be wanting replica shirts for Christmas.

It''s a good point .

I think it was a combination of the price and discontent. What I found interesting was the fact that as it was one price everywhere it meant the expensive seats virtually sold out. £25 was still a good deal for them. £25 next to Delia or £25 out in the rain in the blankets. Luckily I had a great seat at the back of the South Stand that was £25 quid with a tenner for U16s. It was nice for the seven of us to be together.

I''m not THAT old (44) but I can remember getting the train from GY to Norwich, watching a match and getting the train back again for £3.00 !!!!

Yup ! £1.50 return on the train and £1.50 to stand in the Barclay [ Child prices. I was 14 at the time ]

[quote user="lincoln canary"]No we wouldn''t have. People stayed away due to our poor form not the ticket cost. If we were top of the league, or at least somewhere near to expectation, today would have been full. fans are frustrated with the club, and have become tired and impassi[/quote]

I''m going to say this, even at the risk of being called a troll again, but our form is pretty good. Last four home games before this match apart from a tight match against a very good Huddersfield side, were 5-0, 1-0, and 3-0 and 9 points out of 12.  We''ve now got a creditable draw against a good premier league club. Price had to be the main complaint today because form is on the up and if people didn''t get a boost from the Derby match, then there''s no hope for you.I do wish some of you would cheer up a bit and take the downs and ups of a season with a bit more grace  (note I said "some", not "all", LC).  We had a bad run and there have been some issues (but then there are always issues) and we are looking a lot more like we can get back in the play offs, at least. So come on Lincoln and anyone else out there who still thinks the world is against you and/or the club -  things ain''t that bad!!

[quote user="VanWink"]Get the kids in for a quid and you are building your fanbase.

They''ll be wanting replica shirts for Christmas.[/quote]total mythsuccess fills the seatswhat were the ticket prices for the play off final... and how many did we take ?what would have been the attendance against Man Utd if they were the opposition today, at the same prices ?

In with all the other stuff, people do seem to have forgotten our abysmal recent FA Cup record - £25 was too high, but while cheaper tickets would have sold more I know plenty who have given up on us in the Cup and for whom the price wasn''t relevant.

Saints are rightly getting applauded for their pricing, but remember that at the end of the day this is a PL side home to a Champs side, a harder sell and possibly live on tv - or if not, competing with a game that will be.

''''But how much is the scampi...........'''' Lapps

Everybody knows that its not about price, its about value, Scampi, Footy, whatever.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]I can remember two bob in the riverend but an extra tanner to go undercover 😊[/quote]

What''s a ''tanner'' now Nutty?

@ldc

Our form isn''t ''good.'' You''ve randomly just selected 3 out of 4 home games, ignored the one loss and not mentioned the away games.

In the league we''ve taken 10 points out of the last 36.

the game will also be sandwiched between two League Cup semi finals v Liverpoolso their fans will be having to cough up for two midweek games in a row, three if they are going to the away gamebut here is the rub, for a League Cup semi final game against a top club they are charging -£20which suggests that £25 was steep, and maybe it should have been £20 maximum

[quote user="nutty nigel"]I can remember two bob in the riverend but an extra tanner to go undercover 😊[/quote]so it was you dressed in the long mac with dark glasses and a trilby hat pulled down

you could always climb in to the River End, though you had to wait until the game had started, then pay to get into the South Stand to walk round to the Barclayusually required standing on someone''s back to get over the walljust as I had to do a few years later to get served in the bar at the back of the Barclay

Ah, a sixpence? So what was Tommy Steele''s ''Half a Sixpence'' all about-was there such a coin?

it was the tuppenny bitthe one you had to put in the toilet if you wanted a s***hence the expressiona number two

[quote user="Mr Angry"]Ah, a sixpence? So what was Tommy Steele''s ''Half a Sixpence'' all about-was there such a coin?[/quote]It was originally about his uncleArthur Sickspencebut his uncle (bob) objected and so they changed the wordsbut money was worth far more in those daysI remember lappinitup on here telling us how he bought a bicycle for a penny farthingfive pound notes used to be the size of a double sheetand the local ladies of the night used to charge a bob a jobgreat days             (I think)