Sign in to follow this  
ec-p

Naismith

By all accounts had a decent game yesterday, good header to equalise. Doesn''t seem to have fallen out of favour by AN ( unlike others), I have a feeling that despite his high wages, we will hang on to him. At least he has a bit of spirit and fight about him.

[quote user="ec-p"]By all accounts had a decent game yesterday, good header to equalise. Doesn''t seem to have fallen out of favour by AN ( unlike others), I have a feeling that despite his high wages, we will hang on to him. At least he has a bit of spirit and fight about him.[/quote]I sincerely hope he will win the fans round like he did at Everton.  Good finish on the goal, but how Southampton allowed him to be where he was with no one anywhere near him was criminal. Goals help and seeing him score one or two now is great to see.

He''s okit''s that olive oil chap who keeps getting all the goals who''s at faultwhy can''t he let someone else have a goas soon as I can find out what boo is in Portugese I shall shout it at himonly when he is on the pitch, not in Asda or something

[quote user="Dan Dare"]He''s okit''s that olive oil chap who keeps getting all the goals who''s at faultwhy can''t he let someone else have a goas soon as I can find out what boo is in Portugese I shall shout it at himonly when he is on the pitch, not in Asda or something[/quote]vaiar is BOO in portuguese![;)]

[quote user="im spartacus"]Hope he keeps it up and well taken header , I don''t know how he found so much space though there was no one within 5 yards of him. Not that I''m complaining ☺[/quote]I think it was more a case of him being left in space.The two central defenders seem to be covering the two City players behind them with three S''oton players just stood ball watching and not picking up NaismithBut it was still a superb taken goal and a spot on crossgoalpause on 2m 42 secs to see poor marking

[quote user="OldRobert"][quote user="Dan Dare"]He''s okit''s that olive oil chap who keeps getting all the goals who''s at faultwhy can''t he let someone else have a goas soon as I can find out what boo is in Portugese I shall shout it at himonly when he is on the pitch, not in Asda or something[/quote]vaiar is BOO in portuguese![;)][/quote]cheersthough I shall have to make sure I don''t vaiar too near Iva Pintain case he thinks I''m having a go at himPerhaps if some of our fans learnt foreign words they could encourage our players in their own languageor boo them as the case might be

Not been his biggest fan but I thought he did really well yesrtday, worked really hard and hassled the Southampton players throughout, took his goal well too. Would certainly prefer him playing with Oliveira than Jerome, who was awful again.

I managed to get to six matches in November and December, and Naismith was pretty good every time I saw him.

Is this some kind of issue people have, because he didn''t save us from relegation or something?

Praise of him seems a bit begrudging.

Ive seen a fair bit of him too and generally been underwhelmed, for example he missed some really good chances against Derby, but yesterday he played well and so credit is due to him

He''s better than most people give him credit for.

Because there was so much fuss before he eventually came to us, and we paid a fairly hefty fee by City standards people probably expected too much from him imo

[quote user="DDD In The Fine City"]I quite like Naismith my only grumble is the time he spends arguing with the ref over every little thing rather than getting on with it and stopping the opponent breaking quickly[/quote]he was bickering with the ref about tossing the coin a couple of monthsfancy expecting ''best of three''

I love how he moans. And bickers. He was in the Refs ear at every corner. Goes and stands by their GK and then shouts at the ref telling him to watch. He had a great game yesterday. Moves well off the ball. My kind of player, the sort of bloke I would have spent all day trying (and probably failing) to kick.

There is always a villan. Yesterdays was Jerome, despite (as usual) running his knackers off and winning a penalty.  

[quote user="morty"]I managed to get to six matches in November and December, and Naismith was pretty good every time I saw him.

Is this some kind of issue people have, because he didn''t save us from relegation or something?

Praise of him seems a bit begrudging.[/quote]

Lol!! Exactly you with regard to Hoolahan.

I like to think that Naismith is like a wasp at a picnic, if you are the opposition or match officials. Pain in the arris, irritating ,wee bar steward.

Glad he''s on our side, more goals would be nice too.

I''m a big fan of Naismith, totally respect those that need more time to be convinced (though he seems to winning people round week by week), but for me he''s a skilful player who''s an absolute niggly nuisance to the opposition, dare I say it but we''ve not had one of those since a certain Grant Holt. He''s played well recently and definitely appears to be coming into some form, really pleasing to see 👍

[quote user="lincoln canary"]I still want to see Naismith Hoolahan and Pritchard played togher behind Oliveria for an extended run.

I reckon that front 4 would be awesome. But Neil has an issue playing Pritchard and Hoolahan together, and won''t drop Jacob Murphy. His issue is his ego.[/quote]His issue is the implication for our defence.

an ishhoooan ishhooowe all fall down

ps will you be getting along to Sincil Bank next week, to cheer the lads on ?

Naismith certainly has the quality and has noticeably improved over the past few weeks. Hopefully this will continue when the transfer window has closed.

Just not mobile/powerful enough.

A decent player and gets stuck in but I was not impressed tbh for the kind of money we paid.

A decent finisher but appalling defending for hat header.

Has been an expensive flop but started to show a bit of form of late. This January probably gives us the best chance of flogging him and getting our money back and I would take it

[quote user="westcoastcanary"][quote user="lincoln canary"]I still want to see Naismith Hoolahan and Pritchard played togher behind Oliveria for an extended run.

I reckon that front 4 would be awesome. But Neil has an issue playing Pritchard and Hoolahan together, and won''t drop Jacob Murphy. His issue is his ego.[/quote]His issue is the implication for our defence.[/quote]

Rubbish. having players that can press and hold possession in the final third would benefit our defence.

[quote user="morty"]I managed to get to six matches in November and December, and Naismith was pretty good every time I saw him.

Praise of him seems a bit begrudging.
[/quote]To be fair Morty he has been pretty underwhelming since he''s been at Carrow Rd. From all reports, including the player himself on his link with Sunderland last January, he''s been pretty keen to get back up North.If he has at last knuckled down then that''s good for us but it''s been a long time coming.

He had very, very little recent first team football under his belt when he arrived. I think he has been much better this season. Needs a few more goals though.

I''ll concede he''s done very well the last few games, but there''s no defending his past 12 months, absolutely no impact didn''t help in anyway our fight against relegation and hasn''t really improved till the last three games.

Hell all we can hope is that we finally get to see the 8 million pound player we bought, long may his upturn in form continue. Not a bad player if he can be bothered by the looks of him.

[quote user="morty"]He had very, very little recent first team football under his belt when he arrived. I think he has been much better this season. Needs a few more goals though.[/quote]He''s been better but apart from the Blackburn game only more recently. I hope he has decided to give it a go down here but it wouldn''t surprise me if he''s gone by the end of this month.