Sign in to follow this  
Eccles from Beccles

Is Dan Dare the new Lake District Canary?

At least LDC pretty much posts about football even if much of it is "off the wall" or designed to get a reaction, to put it politely.

This clown just posts about anything and everything except football, offers no opinions and makes it his sole aim to take childish pot shots at other peoples views in order to derail discussion.

He thinks he''s funny, like most clowns do, but only appeals to the under 10''s.

" in order to derail discussion"I''m sure you have many examples of such behaviourbut one will do for now

ps last four threads started1. FA Cup draw2. Connor McGrandles/Matt Jarvis3. Away seats in the River End4. Cost of FA Cup ticketsyep, you are right  ''everything except football''

I quite enjoy a bit of light hearted responses to some posts, I must admit I often reply in the same manner.

My goodness, it is intense enough on here when we do discuss football so a bit of R&R is welcome.

And to be fair he has just posted about McGrandles.

And of course he is keeping the Earth safe from the Mekon and the Treens

[quote user="keelansgrandad"]And of course he is keeping the Earth safe from the Mekon and the Treens[/quote]I also fill in for Biggles on his day off

I preferred him when he was City1st but he appears to have lost his total obsession with the Binners these days.

Eccles wrote-

Dan Dare/City 1st seems to be starting an awful lot of threads, with not a lot of content in them. Screaming for attention?

oh dear

I can hear the screams.

[quote user="Dan Dare"][quote user="keelansgrandad"]And of course he is keeping the Earth safe from the Mekon and the Treens[/quote]I also fill in for Biggles on his day off[/quote]

Like when he recorded Video killed the Radio Star?

Dan Dare is colourful and probably like me gets a bit ott sometimes, but he gives a lot to the board imo......so good - as long as he doesn''t start targeting me like he used to in a previous guise!! 

I think he came back shortly after the eulogies to dear old Wiz. Perhaps he too wants to be remembered after he''s finally shuffled through life''s exit door - they appear to be of the same vintage.

He''s marginally less annoying than in his City 1st incarnation, but certainly no more amusing.

So in a previous life he was City 1st. I believed for while he was the obnoxious ''T'' on the OT-EU thread mainly because he''s got the same mannerisms on the tread.  

keelansgrandad wrote

"I quite enjoy a bit of light hearted responses to some posts, I must admit I often reply in the same manner.

My goodness, it is intense enough on here when we do discuss football so a bit of R&R is welcome.

And to be fair he has just posted about McGrandles."

Same as this, Dan Dare doesn''t seem to take himself to serious, imo And if I don''t like any of his posts they are easy enough to ignore, cant say the same for others on here unfortunately, must be the Scots in me ;-)

Actually Swindon, T''s style is nothing like City 1st''s. The latter is a bit care-in-the-community aggressive whereas T is more sulky & a bit pathetic really. At bottom I think his pretensions to intellectual superiority are subject to self-doubt. City 1st doesn''t have that problem.

There is an air of the aggressive attitude displayed by one who can suffer from demented episodes.

[quote user="VanWink"]There is an air of the aggressive attitude displayed by one who can suffer from demented episodes.[/quote]I blame The Mekon.