Sign in to follow this  
Dean Coneys boots

AN's criticism of Klose

Thought AN was harsh on Klose. If somebody has hurt themselves their first thought and instinct is to protect themselves from further damage- if his mind was not on the game fair enough, I say. Probably didn''t want somebody falling on the knee and making it worse- it is a career after all. Publicly slating him for being injured was low.

[quote user="Dean Coney''s boots"]Thought AN was harsh on Klose. If somebody has hurt themselves their first thought and instinct is to protect themselves from further damage- if his mind was not on the game fair enough, I say. Probably didn''t want somebody falling on the knee and making it worse- it is a career after all. Publicly slating him for being injured was low.[/quote

The Pinku is also claiming that Klose made a call - with a phone, perhaps ?AN is not "slating him for being injured" that is you just making stuff up. What AN did criticise him for was going off the pitch. If Klose was so concerned why then move, as that was a far greater risk than ever there was of him being hit by another player. You stay down, let the physio assess what is best then proceed from there.If you are not concerned for your own welfare then at least be mindful of your responsibilities to the rest of the team.Was AN right to crticise him in public, that is a moot point - but to suggest that criticism was aimed at Klose for being injured is incorrect

He says he has a black cat but I know for a fact it is very dark grey. Why he can''t be honest about the colour of his cat is anyone''s guess, but it doesn''t bode well.

[quote user="westcoastcanary"]Yet ANOTHER interview-based bit of Neil bashing which distorts what was actually said. Anyone happen to know whether AN has a black cat?[/quote]

yep, the interview is not how the Pinkun suggests...nor does AN make any mention of any call eitherinterview40 secs in

AN did used to have a ginger tom called Gary... though I haven''t seem him for a while now

Was going to say the same. AN''s man management skills are useless. You don''t air these sorts of comments in public domain. It''s highly unprofessional.

AN is a man who wears his heart on his sleeve and says what he wants without thinking.

What Klose should have done is gone, and waited for ref to stop for treatment, but it has the same risk, in that you are a player down until the ref stops the game. The outcome of a goal might just have been the same.

It tells us what we know. Our defense is utter garbage when Klose isn''t on the field. We''ve seen that in first 20+ games this season

Alex definitely had a cat, not sure of the color, allegedly he kept it in a box using it for tactical experiments.

Not sure if it''s dead or alive.

Fair point from AN Imo, he was disappointed to concede a goal nothing wrong with that. Players often drop to the floor to get play stopped and are then running round straight after , klose was actually injured and hobbled off to give Southampton an advantage. If it was Steven whitaker youd be demanding he never plays again and calling him thick.

I thought AN was spot on. If Russel Martin done the same against Ipswich everyone would be demanding AN personally hang him in chapelfield gardens

[quote user="Samwam27"]Was going to say the same. AN''s man management skills are useless. You don''t air these sorts of comments in public domain. It''s highly unprofessional.

AN is a man who wears his heart on his sleeve and says what he wants without thinking.

What Klose should have done is gone, and waited for ref to stop for treatment, but it has the same risk, in that you are a player down until the ref stops the game. The outcome of a goal might just have been the same.

It tells us what we know. Our defense is utter garbage when Klose isn''t on the field. We''ve seen that in first 20+ games this season[/quote]Have you actually listened to the interview if you had you wouldn''t be squeaking out that idiocy

AN seems to have basically made an off the cuff comment that has been distorted/spun by the local media; you could argue he should be more careful what phrases he uses, but IMO I would much prefer a guy who says it as he sees it, and at the end of the day what he said is right.

he point is Klose Did make a mistake BUT

AN didn''t then blame the other players for not covering the injured Klose

Or in the past has not come out and blamed Russell martin for mistakes or his favourite GK when he made blunders

so yes OP has a point AN man management is terrible calling out only certain players in the media

This is getting a bit ridiculous now. It WAS naiive for Klose to roll off the pitch and we suffered because of it. It''s not unfair for Neil to say it because it''s true, if anything the fact he made a point of it means it''ll probably resonate more with Klose now and he''s less likely to do it again. That''s just good management. Neil has said and done quite a few things that deserve criticism but if we start twisting every single thing he says, then the bloke''s got no chance to turn things around.

[quote user="Dan Dare"][quote user="Samwam27"]Was going to say the same. AN''s man management skills are useless. You don''t air these sorts of comments in public domain. It''s highly unprofessional.

It tells us what we know. Our defense is utter garbage when Klose isn''t on the field. We''ve seen that in first 20+ games this season[/quote]Have you actually listened to the interview if you had you wouldn''t be squeaking out that idiocy[/quote]

Thanks Dumb Dare. Yes I did listen to the interview, hence making these comments.

People are missing the point (perhaps you haven''t played football of refereed a game before) It''s a 50/50 thing. It wasn''t great that Klose went off, leaving us more vulnerable. But his only other choise was to go down injured on the pitch. But in doing so play continues until the ref stops the game and ushers him off. Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but if he''d stayed on the pitch they might still have scored.

If our defense was better (and any on here thinks they are should be shot) then arguably they could/should have defended and kept out the goal while he was off the pitch.

As per previous comment, we''ve looked absolutely dire in defense all season without Klose. He''s off the pitch two minutes and finger is pointed at Klose for our calamitous defense conceeding yet again! Some of our players are untouchables. Some get it in the neck whatever they do!

PS Dumb Dare. It''s just my opinion, rightly or wrongly. That''s why it''s called a messageboard, to post up people''s thoughts/opinions on games/incidents etc

Take a chill pill mate

Our defence may be calamitous at times but I have never seen an opponent in the space afforded naismith for the headed equaliser. And they were being Marshalled by an apparent 50m target of several top clubs .

my point is Klose got slated in the media by the manager for a mistake

But when other players make mistakes and there has been plenty AN does not single some players out

so why is Klose being singled out ?

what about Mcgovern when he made them mistakes ( worse than klose ) did AN say they were naive ??

Russell Martin and his famous blunders ?? nope nothing from AN on them

what about Alex Neil''s blunders i call them naive but he gets backed

Alex Neil wears is heart on his sleeve but he cannot take people blaming him then he calls it a witch hunt

"People are missing the point (perhaps you haven''t played football of

refereed a game before) It''s a 50/50 thing. It wasn''t great that Klose

went off, leaving us more vulnerable. But his only other choise was to

go down injured on the pitch. But in doing so play continues until the

ref stops the game and ushers him off. Hindsight is a wonderful thing,

but if he''d stayed on the pitch they might still have scored."It''s not a question about whether they might have scored anyway because the ref let the game go on. It''s a question of whether TK displayed the basic nous that shifts the odds in our favour, the nous that you would hope would be demonstrated by a player with his pedigree and experience. He didn''t.

I have no problem with what Alex Neil stated to the media. In fact, I think he was being tactful by calling it "naive." He might have used the word "dumb" and then some on here would really have their jollies in berating him. Whether Neil said it to the media or in front of the team in the dressing room, it was appropriate to state openly what the rest of the team already knew and should make sure isn''t repeated. There are instances where a quiet word to the player in private is appropriate but this wasn''t one of them. Neil was doing his job, not just for the benefit of this occasion but for ongoing reference in future games.

It is a bit hypocritical. Only the other days he was saying Joe he never makes excuses or tries to blame others for our problems and yet he continues to publicalky blame players in the media, whether it be for our recent run or this incident.

To be fair he''s probably right he should have gone down on the pitch but that''s not really the point, it''s publically scapegoating a senior player. At the same time he''s happy to take all the credit when things go well, even if as in the case of Wes''s recent performance it''s more by accident than design.

[quote user="Samwam27"]PS Dumb Dare. It''s just my opinion, rightly or wrongly. That''s why it''s called a messageboard, to post up people''s thoughts/opinions on games/incidents etc

Take a chill pill mate[/quote]and what was my reply ?"just my opinion, rightly or wrongly."

ps perhaps a grown up could help

I have TBH that I can''t ever remember an injured player getting off the pitch without the ref stopping the game.  In fact I remember seeing an injured player who was on the sidelines rolling back onto the pitch to make sure play was stopped.  It''s a basic professional thing to give your teammates time to get back and cover you. 

But this does leave the question of whether AN should make the criticism so publicly at one player.   There''s also the question of why Klose was left out of the team recently. 

All in all, it seems very likely Klose will be moving on in this window, I just hope we can bring in a replacement who''s better than our other CBs.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]AN seems to have basically made an off the cuff comment that has been distorted/spun by the local media; you could argue he should be more careful what phrases he uses, but IMO I would much prefer a guy who says it as he sees it, and at the end of the day what he said is right.[/quote]Sadly we seem to be getting more of this distorted hyperbole from the local media (print & radio). I would expect the nationals to go with the easy story but the locals usually report in a better fashion.Stop chasing the story and be good journalists, we know you can.

[quote user="westcoastcanary"]"Only the other day he was saying he never makes excuses or tries to blame others for our problems". Chapter and verse please Jim? [/quote]

Not quite sure what you mean but what he said prior to the Brentford game was:

“I am a realist. The last thing I do is sit here and come up with excuses or try to blame anyone else. Far from it.”

Fair enough. However...

“The most frustrating thing was their second goal. Timm Klose gets injured but instead of going down on the pitch he goes off the pitch. That was a bit naïve”

“when you win everyone gets praised. When you lose I get dog''s abuse whilst the players are at home watching telly”

“My focus is now on the next game. I have seen the owners in the foyer after the game. They are obviously as frustrated and p***** off as I am, but at the end of the day all I can do is prepare a team and if people are not doing their roles then it becomes difficult”

“The fact is we came down from the Premier League and that carries its own burden. We have a lot of players on considerable contracts for the level we are operating at and if we don’t get back up that becomes a bigger problem. I think by dealing with one issue, which people would deem to be me, all those other problems don’t disappear. I think that is what Jez was referring to.”

"I haven’t done anything different today in terms of set-up to most of the other games. Brentford was different but what happens is I had 11 lads who got the better of their opposite number and they are more than capable of doing that regularly."

"Football is a strange game. Two months ago I was manager of the month and then there was a witch hunt around me."

I''ve given up on the Neil out calls because I accept its ot going to happen but since he started coming under pressure he has been pushing a consistent narrative that the players are not doing their job properly and he is getting blamed unfairly and even after the recent win v Derby he continued that narrative by trying to claim that Wes played better due to his handling of him and that he did exactly what he''s always done but the only difference was the players actually performed for once. Personally I don''t think that is the best line for him to be taking in terms of dressing room harmony because as we know when the good times are rolling he;s very happy to mention his manager of the month awards. I would prefer him to try and create a siege mentality alongside the players in tough times rather than "its not me its them." I think this thinking is also mirrored by the way some players get ditched from the team or even the squad after one poor performance.