Sign in to follow this  
allways travelling

oh worthy three more points

oh dear three more points.and i do believe only three points of play of place. norwich fans who slated worthy hang your heads in shame.just a song comes to mind all gone quiet all gone quite all gone quite on here or sit down shut up sit down shut up get what i mean mateys.

[quote]oh dear three more points.and i do believe only three points of play of place. norwich fans who slated worthy hang your heads in shame.just a song comes to mind all gone quiet all gone quite all gone ...[/quote]

We have all wanted city to win and start moving up the table - I am ecstatic that it has happened but also very disappointed that it has taken so long for the coaching staff to realise why we were not winning earlier in the season.

Worthy has started to move us inthe right direction - it does not mean he has solved all the problems.  The midfield remains weak and lacking in cover, there is still not one player who has been improved by the coaching staff at the club since joining us and there is too much reliance on athletes over footballing ability.   However the ship does appear to have turned in the right direction, all be it against some of the poorer teams in the league.

A good October and the confidence will really have come back.

OTBC  

of course its gone quiet! we dont have a vendetta against worthington, we just want to see the team do well, if they''re performing, we aren''t going to complain are we? what a ridiculous comment to make. if worthington is doing his job preoperly and its getting the best from the players then im as happy as anyone else, but if he isnt and the performances are poor then of course im going to complain because unlike some i can objectively see that, rather than being blinkered and blinded as to worthington''s faults - and on top of that, you''re wrong anyway, it hasnt gone quiet, i was cheering as loudly, if not llouder than anyone else on saturday...because i had something to cheer about! a 1-1 draw at home to crewe/coventry, is nothing to cheer about!

[quote]of course its gone quiet! we dont have a vendetta against worthington, we just want to see the team do well, if they''re performing, we aren''t going to complain are we? what a ridiculous comment to mak...[/quote]

Through richer and poorer etc - are you only interested in the good times?  This is Norwich, not Chelsea.  Be realistic and enjoy the team, though good and bad, because it will always be a mixture of both.

There WERE people on this forum who stated they wanted us to lose to Ipswich, just so that Worthy would go.  I can''t remember names, so no mud-slinging here but it did happen.  So I don''t believe that ALL the anti-Worthy camp want us to do well, but I will concede that the majority do.

A message of caution by the way, we are on the START of a good run, we should remain confident but not too cocky, pride comes before a fall. 

Being " blinkered and blinded "  could also  be applied  to the posters clamouring for the sacking of Worthy  !   an entire football  clubs fortunes  does NOT  depend on just one man ....  

[quote]There WERE people on this forum who stated they wanted us to lose to Ipswich, just so that Worthy would go. I can''t remember names, so no mud-slinging here but it did happen. So I don''t believe that...[/quote]

You''re right westoncanary, I remember taking someone to task over it.
Hoping we lose against the sc*m is beyond the pale.

dicky - well im sorry for having an opinion! i know there are going to be good and bad times, i was there at carrow road watching us put bayern munich out the uefa cup, and i was there when we lost 3-2 away at crewe on a cold rainy day after being 2-0 up with about 5mins if not less to go - back in the dark days. i will ALways support the team through thick and thin, come what may... what i will NOT do however is blindly amble along when we have a richly talented sqaud and one of, if not the best in the division, and we are sat just one point off the bottom of the table. im not here for the good times, im here for the bad too...but when we have enough talent within the squad to have very very good times and are instead doing appalingly badly, i reserve the right to be slightly miffed. sorry if that offends you dicky but i think your blind faith verges on ridiculous/comical to be honest...

i can''t believe this that after 2 wins that some of our correspondents still want to pick a fight. Can''t we accept that the majority of fans are happy when we get a good result and disappointed when we don''t? This bickering is becoming tedious in the extreme. There is prejudice and bias on both sides of this debate. Fortunately there are some who try to be objective and give credit where credit is due and criticism where its due too.

Now can we change the record.....please.

" well im sorry for having an opinion! "

Same old cop out that''s trotted out when an argument is proven to be flawed. No one is challenging your right to have an opinion or express it.

Tom claims that no one has a vendetta against Worthington. They do, as amply shown by weston canary, sheded and herb. Unfortunately what those who want Worthington sacked can''t seem to grasp is the rank hypocrisy behind their posts. If they feel that Worthington is not the right man then fine. Have the integrity to stick with it, not try to weasel out of it when City win games.

It is not correct either to claim that those who don''t believe that sacking Worthington is the right thing are " being blinkered and blinded as to worthington''s faults ". What we don''t agree with is that the sacking of the manager is the correct action at this time. Just because the ''Worthy out rabble'' have pushed themselves into an extreme position it doesn''t mean that those that don''t follow their line must therefore be a mirror image of that extremism.

As to the term ''keep the faith'' might I suggest that, given the dictionary definition of faith as a ''belief in something without proof or evidence'', it is actually those that place all their trust in a new. as yet unknown manager. who are the true adherents of faith.

For us non ''Worthy out'' fans it is not a matter of keeping the faith as keeping our heads during the recent sticky patch. Pity a few of the Worthy out types couldn''t have kept theirs as well - or if not at least used them.

[quote]oh dear three more points.and i do believe only three points of play of place. norwich fans who slated worthy hang your heads in shame.just a song comes to mind all gone quiet all gone quite all gone ...[/quote]

We''ve already discussed this in the ''Worthy out boys are pathetic''. Lets wait and see!!!

[quote]We have all wanted city to win and start moving up the table - I am ecstatic that it has happened but also very disappointed that it has taken so long for the coaching staff to realise why we were not...[/quote]

I''m surprised ZLF about your comment along the lines of "not one player has been improved by our coaching staff". I''ll have to disagree with you on that one as Safri and the Doc are two obvious players that have improved no end since there time at carrow road. I remember clearly people slagging off Safri when we got him and saying he was a waste of money, I''m sure if he was as good then as he is now we would''ve had very few moaners but we would''ve had to shell out a couple of mill for him not 500k! I would also say the same of Francis. Lets hope the coaching staff can work that magic on Jarrett!!

I feel even the best manager can run their course, like Fergie, but I think there''s still more to see from Worthy yet!