Sign in to follow this  
danielsroundabout

Who are we relying on this window?

Nutty, if you read the op again his reference to happy clappers was a rhetorical one. He intimated that even people like yourself can see that the last few windows have not been very good and was questioning whether we would get it right this time. Fair point I my opinion. Your allingment comes from you saying that LDC gets victimised for being devicive, well he does and rightly so. The OP on the other hand does not appear to be an attention seeker in the way LDC is and raised a valid point. I think your angst was raised by the term happy clapper, and in you''re view that made it devicive. The booing fans weren''t numpties BTW, I''d say very concerned supporters who are worried about the state of things at the club and at that time a seemingly unfathomable substitution. How else are they meant to show it? Tut loudly? Anyway I digress, the OP made a fair point but used the word happy clapper rhetorically and you took exception to it. Fair do''s but the post was nowhere near the level of LDC''s provaction and to liken the two is wrong, ''in my opinion''.

[quote user="Ron Manager"]Further, there is a massive difference between the OP and LDC and that is the sheer number of trolling posts from LDC compared to the number of posts Danielsroundabout has posted. I hadn''t identified Danielsroundabout as a troll but with LDC it is clear for all to see. Did you misread my post re the nonce bit BTW?[/quote]

You''re way off beam sunshine. And it is not clear to all - only to those saddos who can''t take criticism, or at least argue back that criticism without resorting to "troll" accusations or play morty style games. And you keep bringing the "nonce" thing up - and I have explained that over and over. Get a life.

Really. So you believe that my views on the club are distorted Ron? Thanks buddy. Not sure if I''d rather be a hypocrite like you. I''ll get back to you...

Oh, and it had nothing whatsoever to do with the term happy clapper. The fact that you can''t see it rather proves my point.

The thing is LDC, I really don''t believe you. IMO you are just an annoying troll who likes attention. And I don''t think I''m alone in those feelings!

Where did I say your views where distorted? Twisting words now are we. Your opinion on things is somewhat different to mine, the term happy clapper has been attributed to people like yourself. I''m more of a nappy crapper, do you see me calling it devicive? Its all a bit of a joke truth be told and if it upsets you, well!

Why mention my name lakey when it''s Ron that''s having a pop at you?

You just keep proving, over and over, that you deliberately want attention from me, with the intent of stirring up drama.

[quote user="danielsroundabout"]Even those happy clappers with the most distorted vision [/quote]
I''m bored with you now Ron. You''re either trolling yourself or you can''t read.
I refer to myself as a happy clapper but I don''t think my views are distorted.
The fans who boo know they boo but don''t think they''re numpties.

Mmm, OK Nigel, did I say your views are distorted? No, I''m not trolling, I''ll leave that to the expert!

[quote user="Ron Manager"]Mmm, OK Nigel, did I say your views are distorted? No, I''m not trolling, I''ll leave that to the expert![/quote]
Really?

Which other thread is like this Dan?

In my experience the threads that end up like tho usually start with an OP like this.

Just got in and thought I''d see if this thread had attracted any replies to my original question or whether NN had succeeded in completely de-railing it with an attack not on the question, but "the way it was framed." If that''s not grabbing at straws, then I don''t know what is. On this thread alone he has twenty posts, none of them addressing the topic, all of them attempting to discredit me and my OP.

It would appear that my use of the term "happy clappers" hit a nerve, at least that is the conclusion I draw from his avalanche of tripe. I had used the term (happy clappers) to describe a particular group of City supporters, nothing sinister or disrespectful. I could have said, as an alternative, "even City''s most ardent supporters". To me, the two phrases have equal meaning and maybe use of the latter might have allowed my thread to have developed without getting infected by the NN virus (inevitably, it was then contaminated by the incurable LDC strain).

By the way, my thanks to the posters who were not taken in by NN''s attempts to destroy the subject by either jumping on him or actually providing answers to the original question.

[quote user="Ron Manager"]The thing is LDC, I really don''t believe you. IMO you are just an annoying troll who likes attention. And I don''t think I''m alone in those feelings![/quote]If you don''t belive me, that is your issue. My conscience is clear.  Everybody wants attention to some degree or other. Funnily enough, the ones that appear to me to be the most attention seeking are the ones who like to dismiss other people''s opinions for their own engrandisment, rather than discuss them openly and  honestly.  For instance, you - and others - may disagree with me that denegrating the manager mid-match is an unhelpful thing to do for the team, but that does not make you right to take the moral high ground because of it.  The fact that it is me that points that out is irrelevant to the argument too.  I would be saying it if I went to no games a season or fifty games.  So you can put your "troll" word nonsense back in it''s box - and so can anyone else who wants to trot it out.  Take my posts at face value and most of the time I''m no better or worse than anyone else.  But then, that is the issue - some people can''t take things at face value and as a result take the easy way out and resort to petty abuse and accusations of trolling. 

Thanks Danielsroundabout. But to be strictly honest there were only 2 posters attempted to answer your question of which I was one. I even posted a link to help.

To clarify another point i couldn''t care less if you call me a happy clapper and call myself it often. It''s the arrogant idea that other people''s views must be distorted that I commented on. I''m not sure if that is an improvement on your usual deluded jibes or not. However if you frame your posts in that way then I really don''t see why you should expect a reasonable thread. Why not try posting without the arrogant snipes at other fans?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]I guess now Seattle and Ron etc. are off my case it means the penny''s dropped. Would be nice if they said so instead of still appearing to be hypocrites.

I still think I''m the only one who''s addressed the rest of the OP too.[/quote]

Are you still harping on off topic. Can''t let it go being called out on your BS old man, we moved on with the topic, you should try giving it a go rather than trying to have the last word.

[quote user="danielsroundabout"]Just got in and thought I''d see if this thread had attracted any replies to my original question or whether NN had succeeded in completely de-railing it with an attack not on the question, but "the way it was framed." If that''s not grabbing at straws, then I don''t know what is. On this thread alone he has twenty posts, none of them addressing the topic, all of them attempting to discredit me and my OP.

It would appear that my use of the term "happy clappers" hit a nerve, at least that is the conclusion I draw from his avalanche of tripe. I had used the term (happy clappers) to describe a particular group of City supporters, nothing sinister or disrespectful. I could have said, as an alternative, "even City''s most ardent supporters". To me, the two phrases have equal meaning and maybe use of the latter might have allowed my thread to have developed without getting infected by the NN virus (inevitably, it was then contaminated by the incurable LDC strain).

By the way, my thanks to the posters who were not taken in by NN''s attempts to destroy the subject by either jumping on him or actually providing answers to the original question.[/quote]

It''s hard not to get annoyed with NN, when he''s a huge self righteous know it all git. He finds issues with how a question is framed just illustrates his ridiculous nature. I thought you had a very valid OP.

Maybe you should try addressing the op and answering the fair questions he asked instead of being a total hypocrite Seattle.

[quote user="king canary"]So it was down to Neil we didn''t sign any defenders?[/quote]

I wouldn''t say that. Its more to do with our wallet being empty and us relying on the sales of players to fund their replacements. Given Lafferty, Brady, Naismith and others didn''t leave, we are where we are.

Sadly we''re in the same position in this transfer window and if no one wants them (or is prepared to pay their salary), we won''t sign anyone.

Indeed woodman, the whole "wallet empty" thing was a nonsense. It''s implication relied on some fans thinking we had some kind of war chest leftover from our time in the Premiership. Which I don''t think any fans thought at all.

I would be more annoyed if we hadn''t spent every penny trying to stay up.

And it''s not rocket science predicting that we cut costs on relegation.

lake district canary wrote:

''''I express strong views that don''t fit with what some people want to see''''

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ah yes, the views we don''t ''want to see'', you only speak the hard, honest truth LDC and it''s that which rubs against people. Not, y''know, because they don''t agree with you.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Maybe you should try addressing the op and answering the fair questions he asked instead of being a total hypocrite Seattle.[/quote]

You mean like you did in your first comment on this thread? Some of us actually tried to answer the question without jumping down the OP''s throat. Stop being an obnoxious old fool, it''s worn thin with me in our brief encounters already.

[quote user="SeattleCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]Maybe you should try addressing the op and answering the fair questions he asked instead of being a total hypocrite Seattle.[/quote]

You mean like you did in your first comment on this thread? Some of us actually tried to answer the question without jumping down the OP''s throat. Stop being an obnoxious old fool, it''s worn thin with me in our brief encounters already.[/quote]
As I said I answered Danielsroundabout even adding a link. You didn''t. You made no attempt to answer his question. You were also a total hypocrite about what I put (jumping down his throat) because that was also on topic. So you can make as many personal insults as you want Seattle. It just increases your hypocrisy.

Nah mate, calling you out whilst you sit on your high horse doesn''t make me a hypocrite. Feel free to type whatever makes you feel important though I guess.

its clear we are relying on Palace, Leicester or Sunderland to help us along.

You''re calling yourself out Seattle. Every new post, whether it''s personal abuse or plain off topic is more hypocritical than the last. If you think you will goad me into behaving like you think again.

I guess it''s pie in the sky, asking you NN to take a good look at yourself but accusing others (Seattle on this occasion) of posting personal abuse or being plain off topic, really does take the biscuit.

With this thread, you have succeeded (in your eyes) in completely taking it from my original question, to six or seven pages of personal attack and total irrelevance. I was hoping you''d just drop it at some point but I should have realised that is not your style.

You could have just retracted your criticisms of other fans at any point. Too much to ask though because not calling other fans for being distorted or deluded just isnt your style is it Danielsroundabout?