Sign in to follow this  
danielsroundabout

Who are we relying on this window?

I guess now Seattle and Ron etc. are off my case it means the penny''s dropped. Would be nice if they said so instead of still appearing to be hypocrites.

I still think I''m the only one who''s addressed the rest of the OP too.

We need a big clear out. The first to exit ought to be the manager. But it seems that he will be in charge of our transfer dealings!

Just having my lunch break and thought I would have a dip into the PinkUn message board but I see that it''s all the same old posters with nothing better to do than while away their days bickering and bitching at each other. It''s so depressing to witness what appeared to be an interesting, thought provoking thread degenerate immediately into the usual point scoring, sneering, mud-slinging exercise amongst the same old suspects. Ah well, I suppose this provides at least one constant in an uncertain, unpredictable world..... sorry for the interruption, please carry on.

It''s a reasonable point with an unneeded dig in the middle of it.

Our recruitment team has been a bit revolving door of late (Chester, Spearing, Darnborough, now Martin) and the results have been at best ''underwhelming.'' It''s not been a lack of money but money spent poorly. I was hoping we''d learned our lesson last summer but this summer didn''t suggest we had.

I don''t care.....John C calls it right......and that''s my personal opinion on the matter......If the resident sociopaths and narcissists including their cult followers don''t concur......So be it.....

Keep it to football Mello - who would you like to see out, come in and what is your opinion on the last few transfer windows?

Regarding John C''s post I rest my case - see the above retorts from the usual''s.....

Reference the outs? Any player that wants away and isn''t 100% committed to the cause - regardless of the financial loss to the club''s coffers.....Just show them the door.....and offload those that are coming to the end of their pro'' playing career......

Reference the ins ?

A centre back, a winger with serious pace and skill, a decent left back and a Crooky type midfielder to ping the ball around the pitch....

I''m here Nutty! What penny? I''m no hypocrate, you backed LDC, who for this past two months has done little but troll this msg board! I would have thought that for a person who spends the amount of time you do on here, that would have been clearly obvious!

Can see this being a very quiet window, maybe Brady going for 12 mill, but with Hull grabbing 3 mill of that in sell on fees, will leave City with 9 mill. Maybe a new striker will come in, but thats about it, cannot see any new defenders joining, maybe 1 more midfielder if Alex considers we are a bit thin thru injuries / international duties etc.Basically be relying on what we have already got, minus Brady, and possibly Jacob as outside bet.

Hull''s 25% will be based on any profit we make on Brady, not the full fee we get. If we paid 7mill and sold for 12mill, then that''s 25% of 5m profit (1.25mill), for example.

[quote user="Ron Manager"]I''m here Nutty! What penny? I''m no hypocrate, you backed LDC, who for this past two months has done little but troll this msg board! I would have thought that for a person who spends the amount of time you do on here, that would have been clearly obvious![/quote]

Nutty was clearly just making a point about what is apparently ok for some people to say is not ok for others - and calling out "troll" because I express strong views that don''t fit with what some people want to see is just pathetic.  I will never just go along with what the majority want, just because the majority want it - and am happy to fight my corner if I strongly disagree with something.  And don''t bother bringing up the name calling thing again because I''m fed up with explaining it. That is all. 

Kingo gets it. He''s also the only poster apart from me who has attempted to answer the opening post. on that i posted a link that shows Alex Neil was the one identifying and selecting out transfer targets last August. I dont know who did the negotiations though. However 2 out of 3 is 2 more than anyone else has come up with.

Lakey is no more of a troll then the OP. He is called a troll for making points while criticising other fans just as the op did. That''s why you are a hypocrite Ron.

No Nigel, for me to be a hyproctite I would have had to agree with the op whilst deriding LDC. I didn''t agree with the op, I questioned your support for a poster who has continually courted controversy on this boarsd, creating thread after thread purely to garner a reaction, mainly negative so he can then claim victimisation. My opinion has remained the same on this and can therefore not be accused of being hypocritical.

[quote user="Ron Manager"]No Nigel, for me to be a hyproctite I would have had to agree with the op whilst deriding LDC. I didn''t agree with the op, I questioned your support for a poster who has continually courted controversy on this boarsd, creating thread after thread purely to garner a reaction, mainly negative so he can then claim victimisation. My opinion has remained the same on this and can therefore not be accused of being hypocritical.[/quote]
What support? And why did you bring nonce into it?

Basically any first team business the club do in this window will be completely reliant upon Brady being sold to finance it.

LDC called a poster a nonce on a previous thread, can''t remember which one but the poster was Dame ''something or other''. I meerly highlighted your folly in aligning yourself with someone who calls fellow posters that. I think possibly you have misread the post, as I said I referred to LDC as a numptie, nonce calling troll. Something I stand by as its all in black and white on this board. Am I still a hyprocrite BTW???

You are until you recognise the trolling on the opening post Ron. As is Seattle. 
And I didn''t align myself with anyone. I just pointed out that there was no difference between this OP and LDC''s OP where he questioned how others support the club and called them numpties.

Why do you consider the OP to be trolling Nigel? I don''t see it personally.

Further, there is a massive difference between the OP and LDC and that is the sheer number of trolling posts from LDC compared to the number of posts Danielsroundabout has posted. I hadn''t identified Danielsroundabout as a troll but with LDC it is clear for all to see. Did you misread my post re the nonce bit BTW?

No. My point was always that I can''t see the difference between saying happy clappy fans have a distorted view of the club and saying booing fans are numpties. Why do you see a difference? And why do you insist that I support or align myself with LDC?

Nothing has changed at the club Ricky man from mulbarton Martin is now head of recruitment ( office side of things )

Tony Spearing is still here (scouting side of things )

Alex Neil has had final say on all signings from day one

and rightly so nothing worse than signing a player a manager does not want

so scouts are still finding the players Alex Neil wants just cash wise we need to sell first

last window i can say as fact everything was in place for a few signings bar the money

so if we had moved players on we had the players lined up ready to sign

i know hogan Brentford was one we had lined up last summer and posted it at the time

[quote user="norfolkngood"] scouts are still finding the players Alex Neil wants just cash wise we need to sell first

last window i can say as fact everything was in place for a few signings bar the money

so if we had moved players on we had the players lined up ready to sign [/quote]Sorry but i just cannot help it........[;)]

The Wallet Is Empty.

I know i will be jumped on straight away but i was

told yesterday from a source VERY well connected inside the club that we

gambled all our available money in the January window on signings, fees

and wages in an attempt to stay up and that there is no money whatsover

to spend this summer until we sell