Sign in to follow this  
danielsroundabout

Who are we relying on this window?

[quote user="danielsroundabout"]The thread was immediately de-railed by Nutty Nigel who decided to take it down his usual route by ignoring what I had said and concentrating on the "way the question was framed". So started some thirty or so posts from him, all off (my) subject [/quote]
[quote user="nutty nigel"]That was exactly it. Amazing how you need to say other fans have a a distorted view of the club in order to make a point. [/quote]
[quote user="nutty nigel"]To isolate the question from the arrogant stuff that went with it. It seems Alex Neil was still identifying and selecting the targets at the end of the last window if this interview is anything to go by. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArzD0qtiYac
[/quote]
Now I stand by both those points 100% Danielsroundabout.

[quote user="Hoola Han Solo"]Can''t you just bugger off from this forum? All you do is cause arguments and ruin perfectly good threads, and indeed make them all about yourself.[/quote]

That''s a bit vague....

[quote user="Hoola Han Solo"]Can''t you just bugger off from this forum? All you do is cause arguments and ruin perfectly good threads, and indeed make them all about yourself.[/quote]Did I start the arguments on this thread?  Just look through the first page and then ask yourself honestly whether I started anything other than responding to the topic.  That others start with the unpleasant name calling - or can''t control what they post - is no fault of mine.

This is my last post on the matter but if you didn''t respond to the arguments they would soon die. Unfortunately I think we both know you enjoy the drama and attention that comes your way. After referring to fellow Norwich City fans as "nonces" and "numpties" you lost the right to play the victim card. Other posters have been banned for less.

It seems you have a problem with your own post content Danielsroundabout. In your opening post you couldn''t make a point or ask a question without saying other fans views are distorted. But any reply to that is deemed off topic. If it was off topic why include it? Total hypocrisy.

[quote user="Hoola Han Solo"]This is my last post on the matter but if you didn''t respond to the arguments they would soon die. Unfortunately I think we both know you enjoy the drama and attention that comes your way. After referring to fellow Norwich City fans as "nonces" and "numpties" you lost the right to play the victim card. Other posters have been banned for less.[/quote]I''m one of the most easy going people you will ever meet HHS and really couldn''t careless if no-one responded to my posts - and you can believe that or not, I don''t really care.  But I don''t like injustice - take danielsroundabout accusation  a few posts ago about the derailing of the thread being down to me, when I was one of only a few people to answer the thread on topic on the first page? So I''ll say the same to you as I said to him. If your going to blame someone - then choose who you blame correctly.  That others kept harping on about me in their posts, I can''t control that. You''ll have to take that up with Ron on this thread -  and morty, who seems to follow me around like a fly at a cow''s tail, everywhwere I go - and on this thread, even before I had posted anything. You''d think he could find something better to do.  

Never Lakeys fault.

I guess all those dozens of posters calling you an idiot in the numpties thread were all wrong.

[quote user="morty"]Never Lakeys fault.

I guess all those dozens of posters calling you an idiot in the numpties thread were all wrong.[/quote]Well, they are entitled to their opinion, as am I, but if I am an idiot for saying that calling out the manager is not a useful tactic to encourage the team to do well in a tight situation - then so be it.  I bet the Huddersfield and Reading players thought "great, their fans against them" when they heard that, but then I''m probably an idiot for thinking that too.

We could be in real trouble if Klose, Naismith or Brady get injured and we can''t sell them as easily. Or sell them at all!

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Seattle you really are the very worst type of keyboard warrior. I''m sure you think that eventually I will sling abuse back. I would have thought after all this time you would realise I won''t. My standards are higher than that. The penny may drop eventually.....
As for the OP. You haven''t responded to it even yet. Danielsroundabout repeated it again in the thread and still only about three of us have addressed it. 
[/quote]

I''m no keyboard warrior, I''d happily have the balls to tell you exactly what I think of you to your face. You''re an insufferable know it all, and even the OP identifies you as a post derailer, as I see you do all over this forum. Just in case you think for some reason you''re important or superior in some form on here, I''m going to constantly remind you you''re not. You add no value to the board in matters of debate as you are purely a point scorer. Like I said, you''re boring and it''s worn thin on me.

[quote user="SeattleCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]Seattle you really are the very worst type of keyboard warrior. I''m sure you think that eventually I will sling abuse back. I would have thought after all this time you would realise I won''t. My standards are higher than that. The penny may drop eventually.....
As for the OP. You haven''t responded to it even yet. Danielsroundabout repeated it again in the thread and still only about three of us have addressed it. 
[/quote]

I''m no keyboard warrior, I''d happily have the balls to tell you exactly what I think of you to your face. You''re an insufferable know it all, and even the OP identifies you as a post derailer, as I see you do all over this forum. Just in case you think for some reason you''re important or superior in some form on here, I''m going to constantly remind you you''re not. You add no value to the board in matters of debate as you are purely a point scorer. Like I said, you''re boring and it''s worn thin on me.[/quote]

Blimey, I thought that was about me for a minute, bit harsh on NN imo.

[quote user="SeattleCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]Seattle you really are the very worst type of keyboard warrior. I''m sure you think that eventually I will sling abuse back. I would have thought after all this time you would realise I won''t. My standards are higher than that. The penny may drop eventually.....
[/quote]

I''m no keyboard warrior, I''d happily have the balls to tell you exactly what I think of you to your face. You''re an insufferable know it all, and even the OP identifies you as a post derailer, as I see you do all over this forum. Just in case you think for some reason you''re important or superior in some form on here, I''m going to constantly remind you you''re not. You add no value to the board in matters of debate as you are purely a point scorer. Like I said, you''re boring and it''s worn thin on me.[/quote]
Seattle, however hard you try you will not get me to trade insults on here. What would be the point? People know me and I would hate to be thought of as a keyboard warrior like you. I don''t believe that you''d meet someone for the first time and start ranting and raving at them because you''d taken a dislike to their opinions. However embarrassing would that be for your friends and family? So keyboard warrior is still what I think you are. Anyway, I may get to find out one day because I''ve met lots of posters from here including one from the USA.
Getting back to the OP. You still haven''t addressed it. All you''ve done is take it off topic and rant about me. Both you and Danielsroundabout are hypocrites if you believe me replying to points made in the opening post is derailing the thread. If Daniels didn''t want to discuss his view that other fans have a distorted view of the club then why include it in the opening post?

Well NN, you''ve got the thread up to ten pages now by simply ignoring the title and my main question and taking the thread down a long and divisive path, picking up on a phrase I used which touched on a nerve.

There is nothing wrong or inaccurate in talking of "the distorted views of happy clappers". Happy clappers agree with and support every decision taken by the club, however good or bad that decision might be. For me, that is often a distorted view governed by their yellow and green blinkers. At the other end of the spectrum are those who criticise everything that the club does and their views can equally be considered distorted. I don''t think any right-minded person would disagree or take exception to those generalisations. Yet somehow, you find it necessary on this thread, like so many others, to ignore the topic, go off at a tangent and worst of all, to introduce the name LDC into one of your posts. The next thing is, he starts his pathetic little spats with anyone and everyone and any forlorn hope of sensibly discussing a topic is gone. Thanks to both of you.

Danielsroundabout I started nothing on this thread except to try and answer your op (the evidence is on the first page if you cam be bothered to look). Others took the opportunity once my name was mentioned with the name calling and insults.   Again, as I said it to you earlier. Get your facts right before you start with innacurate accusations.  Cue morty with his "it''s always someone else, isn''t it lakey" prattle - well quite often - and undeniably in this case - it is.

[quote user="danielsroundabout"]Well NN, you''ve got the thread up to ten pages now by simply ignoring the title and my main question and taking the thread down a long and divisive path, picking up on a phrase I used which touched on a nerve.

There is nothing wrong or inaccurate in talking of "the distorted views of happy clappers". Happy clappers agree with and support every decision taken by the club, however good or bad that decision might be. For me, that is often a distorted view governed by their yellow and green blinkers. At the other end of the spectrum are those who criticise everything that the club does and their views can equally be considered distorted. I don''t think any right-minded person would disagree or take exception to those generalisations. Yet somehow, you find it necessary on this thread, like so many others, to ignore the topic, go off at a tangent and worst of all, to introduce the name LDC into one of your posts. The next thing is, he starts his pathetic little spats with anyone and everyone and any forlorn hope of sensibly discussing a topic is gone. Thanks to both of you.[/quote]
Seriously? Do you rate yourself so highly that you should actually control what part of your post is replied to? And the decide at what point others should stop replying? You''d be better off writing a blog Daniels. Put your thoughts out there for people to read. It would suit you better than posting on here.
I replied on topic. And you know I did. both about the unnecessary "distorted" comment and the about previous windows with a link to an interview totally related to that point. You chose to ignore it. Perhaps it wasn''t the reply you wanted? Who knows! But it was one of the few replies you got. Maybe three at most? And I''ve continued to reply to your posts and to Seattle''s. I reply with good humour as I always do. Maybe not the replies you both want but you win some lose a few buddy. That''s how this forum malarkey works. 
My point about LDC was quite straightforward and relevant to something you posted. You don''t have to agree with it. I don''t post and then wait for folk to say "good post" or to get replies I deem suitable. 
I don''t really care if you think the following is on or off topic. It''s another reply to something you wrote. I totally disagree that happy clappers agree with everything the club does. I don''t think such a person exists. The fact you do think that really shows the divisive nature of that post. As I said earlier distorted is a new jibe from you. The one you usually use is deluded. But both of them apply to people who you disagree with don''t they?

LDC

From the outset Nutty took the thread down a totally different route from the question asked in the title and indeed, the text. Next, he brings your name into the irrelevancies that he is posting. Next thing, you are posting and whilst your initial post partially addresses the subject, you sign off with a taunt to Morty. If you don''t consider that an action of attention seeking idiocy, hell-bent on developing childish exchanges, I don''t know what it is. From that point, you have endless posts, none with any thread connection.

You say in your last post "I started nothing on this thread except to try to answer your op". So your closing quip on that first post, are you genuinely telling me you didn''t think it would provoke a response? What planet are you on?

NN

From the very start, you engaged in an attack on the "framing" of my question and now you have moved to the point where you are criticising me personally - questioning the opinion I have of myself, controlling nature etc. The pomposity of your explanation of how a forum such as this works rather reeks of hypocrisy when you have just spoken of the opinion I have of myself.

As for what appears to be your main problem with my OP, the reference to distorted views of happy clappers, I note that you have not commented on my opinion that those who condemn everything the club does, have equally distorted vision. I guess it demonstrates that I have balanced outlook, something that would destroy your attempt to categorise me.

You make the point that only a very small handful have actually addressed the original topic. Well this is hardly surprising when from the very outset, a certain individual elects to take the post down a totally different route, posts around thirty times (all off-topic save maybe one) and then introduces his notorious pal to ensure further fractious exchanges continue.

I have read (and instantly disregarded) the various pieces of "advice" you have offered on how to behave on a site such as this. Should I need guidance in the future, I''ll try to find somebody a little more humble.

[quote user="danielsroundabout"]LDC

From the outset Nutty took the thread down a totally different route from the question asked in the title and indeed, the text. Next, he brings your name into the irrelevancies that he is posting. Next thing, you are posting and whilst your initial post partially addresses the subject, you sign off with a taunt to Morty. If you don''t consider that an action of attention seeking idiocy, hell-bent on developing childish exchanges, I don''t know what it is. From that point, you have endless posts, none with any thread connection.

You say in your last post "I started nothing on this thread except to try to answer your op". So your closing quip on that first post, are you genuinely telling me you didn''t think it would provoke a response? What planet are you on?[/quote]

You are plainly not aware or not taking into account of morty''s first post in this thread which was before mine - and a direct reference/taunt at me.  My "taunt" as you call it was no more than an acknowledgement to him that I had noticed his provocative post. The rest of the thread has been arguments both ways - so you are wrong on nearly every count.  I''m no angel, but I started nothing on this thread. 

Here''s a free tip.

Stop saying really, really stupid things, and people will stop giving you grief.

Haven''t you worked that out yet?

The controlling just carries on Daniels.

I will address the point about people who moan about everything. Just like with the clappers I don''t believe they exist. Obviously on here there are people like me who are more likely to post positively and people like you who are more likely to post negatively. But that doesn''t mean any of them are distorted or deluded.

It''s not hypocritical to reply to each post as it comes Daniels. We are both doing it. Posts on a discussion board aren''t statements. They are opinions and if you don''t want to entertain other opinions then why post yours on here?