Sign in to follow this  
danielsroundabout

Who are we relying on this window?

So much of the reason for us being where we are, as opposed to where we expected to be, can be attributed to abysmal dealings in windows past. These decisions account for us sitting on a clutch of demotivated players who don''t want to be here but current contracts make shifting them on so expensive.

Even those happy clappers with the most distorted vision will agree that our record here is not good. My fear at this time is that we may still be relying on the same level of experience and ability when it comes to those currently charged with identifying, selecting and negotiating our next set of transfers. Whose hands is this responsibility currently in?

Another post trying to put a wedge between the fans. Keeping on topic who are the nappy crappers blaming for wasting that money on Oliveira?

You just can''t help yourself can you Nutty? I was simply showing concern that we may still be relying on the same personnel in this window who carry responsibility for so many past disasters. And citing Oliviera as an example of past success (and I''d not disagree there) begs the question why has the manager preferred Jerome for most of this season?

I was simply asking if any supporters know who carries out these tasks, didn''t want to hear your contentious bleating.

A pathetic response from nn to a perfectly justifiable question.

It''s amazing how, after a way too long overdue performance, the usual suspects start puffing their chests out......

Indeed it does winky. Perhaps i was hasty. I will wait to see how the thread progresses when the happy clappers, nappy crappers and booing numpties have had a chance to post ;)

Just to add that I see no problem with the question but I do in it being framed in the way it was. If LDC had done the same thing there''d have been a deluge of righteous indignation.

I simply referred to our past record in window activity, hoped that it is not in the same hands and asked if anyone knows who are involved currently.

I am sorry that you find the framing not to your liking but as I said, your distorted involvement leases me neither.

That was exactly it. Amazing how you need to say other fans have a a distorted view of the club in order to make a point. Yet if LDC were to say the booing numpties had a distorted view of the club....

Point about terrible windows is totally valid

Our biggest problem, apart from a clear ownership plan for the future is our squad which has good players in it but is disjointed

Not enough spread across the playing positions and this is the fault of subsequent managers and board level. Constant rotation of players to ensure a good spread with effective competition is essential and it''s all a bit lop sided at the moment.

New blood is hard to get when you take our erratic league position into consideration. Hangers on a-plenty is a side effect unless you have the cash to sever them amicably.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Indeed it does winky. Perhaps i was hasty. I will wait to see how the thread progresses when the happy clappers, nappy crappers and booing numpties have had a chance to post ;)[/quote]Don''t forget the nonces.And those over emotional Scots.

Wow, NN defending LDC, a nonce, numptie calling troll! Says it all really!

I would say the clubs aim should be to obtain sales in the £15-20 million range while spending only half that sum.

I think the obvious thing that needs to be said on this subject is that our player dealings have been mixed, rather than abysmal. Also, what no-one seems to consider with new players is where they have come from.  This is a club that demands promotion as a necessity. Brentford, where Canos was and Brighton where Pritchard was, are works in progress. Coming into a club like ours where the pressure for promotion is so great, then it is no surprise that they may not have been seen as ready for that in the way they play and why they have not appeared as much as we would have thought.  Oh and hi morty, since you seem to be fishing for my attention. Bless.

I''d be happy with a centre back to be honest if it''s a good one

A genuine partner for klose could open the door for us big time

A striker is a priority but our options are plentiful up top compared to at the back

Another pointless reply from NN to a perfectly fine OP.

Anyway, does anyone know what our projected loss is supposed to be for this season? We need to ship out Lafferty, Turner, and some of the younger boys on loan. If we can sell Brady for £10m+ and either Naismith or Klose ( preferably Naismith) for £8-10m, and recruit a LB, CB and ST. We don''t need another left-winger when we have Josh, Jarvis and even Pritchard. In the number 10 spot we have Wes, Pritchard and Madddison to come back.

[quote user="Ron Manager"]Wow, NN defending LDC, a nonce, numptie calling troll! Says it all really![/quote]
Nonce? How did I get dragged into that?
I''m assuming the posters having a pop at me also think that fans who don''t agree with them have a distorted view. I just hope they''d never be so hypocritical as to have a go at Lakey for doing the same thing. And I''d still ask why there is a need to criticise other supporters while trying to promote a discussion. If you can''t make a point without doing it then you probably don''t have a worthwhile point to make.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Ron Manager"]Wow, NN defending LDC, a nonce, numptie calling troll! Says it all really![/quote]
I''m assuming the posters having a pop at me also think that fans who don''t agree with them have a distorted view. I just hope they''d never be so hypocritical as to have a go at Lakey for doing the same thing. And I''d still ask why there is a need to criticise other supporters while trying to promote a discussion. If you can''t make a point without doing it then you probably don''t have a worthwhile point to make.
[/quote]

Lol! What a hypocritical thing to say. You were the first comment on the thread, not to engage in discussion, but to criticize the topic of the OP. And you wonder why people have jumped on your back....

[quote user="SeattleCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Ron Manager"]Wow, NN defending LDC, a nonce, numptie calling troll! Says it all really![/quote]
[/quote]

Lol! What a hypocritical thing to say. You were the first comment on the thread, not to engage in discussion, but to criticize the topic of the OP. And you wonder why people have jumped on your back....[/quote]
Yes indeed. And you won''t see why because of the hypocrisy of your views. I did try and keep the post on topic and mention the nappy crappers . I just didn''t go as far as to say their views are distorted. But, we post what we are and see what we want....

The scouts did their job last window and so did recruitment

it was Money that stopped us signing players we had them all lined up ready

i was hoping for a new manager but looks like AN will get the chance

this window we need to sell what i would like to see is fringe players / deadwood sold ( easy said )

i always think we should spend as much on 1st team with youngsters ready to come in if needed

so RM we have murphy get rid of jarvis have Canos and rotate

AM naismith sold use maddision if needed

sell brady use pritchard other murphy as back up

RB get rid of whitts and use godfrey as back up

The back up would then be cheaper than turner whitts etc

like i said easy but that would be choice

[quote user="Ron Manager"]Wow, NN defending LDC, a nonce, numptie calling troll! Says it all really![/quote]

I may be out of order sometimes, but I am no troll and I''ve said several times that using the word "nonce" was a mistake done in ignorance of what it means, so give it a rest, eh?   And if you can''t take being called a numpty, well bad luck!  [:P]

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Ron Manager"]Wow, NN defending LDC, a nonce, numptie calling troll! Says it all really![/quote]

I may be out of order sometimes, but I am no troll and I''ve said several times that using the word "nonce" was a mistake done in ignorance of what it means, so give it a rest, eh?   And if you can''t take being called a numpty, well bad luck!  [:P]

[/quote]
I don''t know where all this nonce stuff comes from Lakey and I want no part of it please note Ron Manager.
But I was talking about the hypocrisy of the whole thing. And if they suggest that you are a troll I will only accept that if they suggest this opening post is trolling.

Keeping Klose is a priority, if 1 ''big'' player goes Brady would be a better shout, as well as others

Use that money to go after Lansbury, get a LM replacement & CB to partner Klose

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"]Keeping Klose is a priority, if 1 ''big'' player goes Brady would be a better shout, as well as others

Use that money to go after Lansbury, get a LM replacement & CB to partner Klose[/quote]

With Jarvis, and Josh and arguably Pritchard for the left side wouldn''t you agree a backup left back is a higher priority in case Olsson gets suspended or injured? In case you state any of those I''ve mentioned aren''t up to it, then we clearly need to think down the playing staff on that wing if they can''t do a job once Brady is gone.

For me LB, CB and a forward and we are looking good til summer time car boot can take place with the deadwood.

I would look at getting a LM that could ''walk'' into the first team - maybe Sako from Palace depending on wages

Agree with LB cover as Brady is/was the LB cover, also is Olsson guaranteed to be here come the end of the window or the summer if we don''t get promoted. Not sure on how Toffolo is doing iout on loan

A forward, I agree, but maybe think we need a small, pacy, Grabban esque striker